Fricking dealer didn't do PDI properly...

Sheepdog

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger SuperCrew 4x2 XL
Occupation
Retired police officer
  • Banned
Was going to post this the other day, but forgot.

Checked the cold tire pressures the morning after bringing it home, and found them all still in the mid-40s from shipment.
Sponsored

Megawatt

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Unicycle.
Occupation
I make electricity
So?

Mine was at 44psi. And you can check it while inside your truck looking at the dash. Sticker on door says 38psi, but it must be a Ford directed issue to put it in the 40ā€™s. It seems like your mad? Why is that ?

slowmachine

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler, waiting for a Ranger PHEV
This seems to be the most common condition by a huge margin. I suspect that dealers leave them way overinflated on the lot so they don't have to worry about airing them up, but there is little excuse for delivery in that condition. I had to argue with the service department, and ask to borrow a tire gauge, before they relented and deflated to 5 PSI over the door sticker numbers.

OP
OP
Sheepdog

Sheepdog

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired police officer
  • Banned
It's laziness and theft, and I don't care for either one.

Part of the price that I paid for the vehicle, included the cost of Ford paying the dealer to do a PDI that didn't get done.

Last edited:

Augie81

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Check your washer fluid also. It may be almost empty and I have seen a few others state the same. Mine was as well and the tires over inflated. I agree it seems the dealer should make sure those things are taken care of upon delivery. Not a huge deal, easy to correct but still it is the small things.

Last edited:

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
So?

Mine was at 44psi. And you can check it while inside your truck looking at the dash. Sticker on door says 38psi, but it must be a Ford directed issue to put it in the 40ā€™s. It seems like your mad? Why is that ?

Because the dealer should actually do their job and prep the truck right? After paying $40K for a truck it should be done and tells me they just rushed it out the door. BTW my sticker says 30 psi so that means they never checked them at all.

OP
OP
Sheepdog

Sheepdog

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired police officer
  • Banned
Because the dealer should actually do their job and prep the truck right? After paying $40K for a truck it should be done and tells me they just rushed it out the door. BTW my sticker says 30 psi so that means they never checked them at all.
Bingo...

port43

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
childrescuecoalition.org
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX FX4, 2017 Lincoln MKX, 2008 Harley XL 1200N, 1972 Pontiac LeMans Convertible
Occupation
Secret agent, man
If you stick around here you're going to change all those things anyway so.....

Megawatt

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Unicycle.
Occupation
I make electricity
It's laziness and theft, and I don't care for either one....
How is two extra pounds of air theft? We have a different idea of theft. If anything you got more than you paid for.

I did open the hood and make sure all fuses were pushed all the way down. I checked the oil before I drove off the lot. Never rely on others with your investment.

If you served the military you would be familiar with daily PMCS. Preventive maintenance checks and services. Checking air pressure is a daily chore before driving a military vehicle.

Not trying to argue with you. Your unhappy about two ponds of air, ok. Good news is your rig is gonna be ok and good thing you corrected the theft.

Jqueen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Supercrew XLT 2wd
The theft would be theft of services. He feels that he paid for the dealer to actually perform the PDI service, and they didn't.

Even if he found the problem at the dealer and fixed it prior to driving off, it shows lack of care by the dealer.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
How is two extra pounds of air theft? We have a different idea of theft. If anything you got more than you paid for.

I did open the hood and make sure all fuses were pushed all the way down. I checked the oil before I drove off the lot. Never rely on others with your investment.

If you served the military you would be familiar with daily PMCS. Preventive maintenance checks and services. Checking air pressure is a daily chore before driving a military vehicle.

Not trying to argue with you. Your unhappy about two ponds of air, ok. Good news is your rig is gonna be ok and good thing you corrected the theft.
It's not 2 lbs of air, he has a 4x2 so most likely his door sticker says 30 psi not 38. So you're saying because you were in the military you should be responsible for doing the dealers job? Hey that's fine if you accept shit service but no way am I going to and neither should he or anyone for that matter. Dealer had a job to do and didn't do it right, that's the bottom line. Even if it were only 2 lbs they still never checked it. Maybe it's me but I strive for excellence not mediocracy.

Last edited:

EJH

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subarus, 2021 Ranger
Occupation
Engineer
Check your washer fluid also. It may be almost empty and I have seen a few others state the same.
This was an issue with my delivery, in additional to the tires well over 40 psi.

Unfortunately, I did not think to verify the washer levels prior to leaving on a week cross country trip, driving the new vehicle back to my home. I went through a bad morning of ice and snow in Oklahoma and ran out of washer fluid way too soon, and freaked out being unable to clear the window. Eventually I made it to a gas station and bought a gallon of fluid, but it was annoying and unsafe. Washer fluid, while something I am diligent about keeping topped us, was something I assumed would be full on a new vehicle, like brake fluid, oil, coolant, etc...

My last 5 vehicle purchases have been a Honda and four Subarus. Each of those had perfect dealer setup prior to delivery.

OP
OP
Sheepdog

Sheepdog

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired police officer
It's not 2 lbs of air, he has a 4x2 so most likely his door sticker says 30 psi not 38. So you're saying because you were in the military you should be responsible for doing the dealers job? Hey that's fine if you accept shit service but no way am I going to and neither should he or anyone for that matter. Dealer had a job to do and didn't do it right, that's the bottom line. Even if it were only 2 lbs they still never checked it. Maybe it's me but I strive for excellence not mediocrity.
Bingo...

JaysOnTheEDGE

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2021 Escape SEL AWD
Do the Ford techs have a computer system that they put the VIN in and it lists all the capacities and fluid specifications air pressures for that particular vehicle?.

I ask because I have had 4 oil changes completed at 2 different dealerships and all 4 times truck has come back with 38 psi in the tires even though door jamb sticker says 30.

Iā€™m just wondering if they are just following what ever the computer tells them to. Or Ford just being cheap on book time for PDI

Megawatt

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Unicycle.
Occupation
I make electricity
.... So you're saying because you were in the military you should be responsible for doing the dealers job?
Nope, What Iā€™m saying is donā€™t ever trust a stranger with your safety. Take responsibility for your gear, property, equipment, etc. This was as easy as pushing a button on the steering wheel to see the tire pressure before even leaving the lot. Donā€™t get into trouble just so you can blame someone else. If it is that important to you donā€˜t rely on someone else to take care you your property.

So what is the door pressure. 38 or 30? OP, are you upset about two pounds or not? My money is the door says 38 and we are talking about a two pound difference. Letā€™s see the door label pic of this specific truck.
Sponsored