• Watchers 9

lazynorse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger Crew Cab XLT FX4
Occupation
Public Health
I've never met a salesperson who knew more about the car/truck than I did. I learned what I learned through internet forums and other online research. I've never met a salesperson even familiar with the online forums about the very vehicles they're trying to sell.

So, in my limited survey of salesfolks, they don't care enough to know much about the very vehicle they're trying to sell. In that case, what good are they to me? I'll take a kiosk any day, especially if I'm stuck paying MSRP. My apologies to those in auto sales. My experience only. Might be different for others.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Deleted member 15875

I've never met a salesperson who knew more about the car/truck than I did. I learned what I learned through internet forums and other online research. I've never met a salesperson even familiar with the online forums about the very vehicles they're trying to sell.

So, in my limited survey of salesfolks, they don't care enough to know much about the very vehicle they're trying to sell. In that case, what good are they to me? I'll take a kiosk any day, especially if I'm stuck paying MSRP. My apologies to those in auto sales. My experience only. Might be different for others.
It's widely known/expected that most consumers due all their research and due diligence before heading to the dealership. I'm at least one exception. I was set to buy a new Tacoma, but was leaving the dealership and whola, a Ford dealer was down the street which had a Ranger on the lot. I test drove it and quickly realized the Tacoma was a piece of crap. End of story.

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
Ford would love the factory order model. No expensive inventory an no model end/year end sales and rebates to kill profits.

Problem is many people (not me) drive their vehicles until it needs a major repair an they just want to dump it or it gets totaled an they can't wait weeks or months for a replacement.

bzmotoninja83

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger 2014 Focus 2000 Explorer 1987 Goldwing
Go to another dealership and purchase the vehicle you want!.........then, drive back to the dealership that is ignoring/disrespecting you with your new vehicle......walk in and speak with the GM......take him outside and show him your new vehicle and what sale they missed because they were being asshats!

Dealers may look and say so what, we missed one BUT.... attitudes like that would be enough to make a commercial customer buy from a different dealer.
Sponsored