Glocker

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, 2014 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Ouch! Hope everyone with truck damage in this thread gets made whole!!!! Glad for no injuries!
Sponsored

dtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat FX4, chromed and forever damperless
Ive had it since March 2022. Today on the way to work I got rear ended. I was stopped on an on ramp to the highway due to traffic. Lady behind me wasn't paying attention she tried to swerve but still got me. I think the hitch step helped deflect a good amount. She missed the tailgate and tail light but bent the step hit the bumper and just under the tail light. Oh the joy to come getting it fixed.

20221026_082846.jpg

20221026_082851.jpg

20221026_082856.jpg
Picked up a smaller dent like that yesterday, plus a completely shattered taillight and bumper pushed in, one of the few times wife was driving MY truck and she got rear ended by a dufus that she says was following her way too closely for several miles, then braking for a stoplight and bam, now this brainiac just happened to be towing a large trailer loaded with construction equipment, pure genius to be tailgating. My BLISS module is exposed but truck is garaged and I live in a pretty rural area so I think I'll leave it be until truck goes in for repairs.

OP
OP

stinkechin

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT Ranger
Picked up a smaller dent like that yesterday, plus a completely shattered taillight and bumper pushed in, one of the few times wife was driving MY truck and she got rear ended by a dufus that she says was following her way too closely for several miles, then braking for a stoplight and bam, now this brainiac just happened to be towing a large trailer loaded with construction equipment, pure genius to be tailgating. My BLISS module is exposed but truck is garaged and I live in a pretty rural area so I think I'll leave it be until truck goes in for repairs.
Sorry to hear. I got lucky the tailgate didn't get hit or the tail light. now im thinking if i want a factory bumper again or the rough country. i like the rc has a step in the bumper to make gettign in the bed easier. good luck with the repair. im almost a week out and still crickets from insurance. there is a claim filed just got the info today.

dtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sorry to hear. I got lucky the tailgate didn't get hit or the tail light. now im thinking if i want a factory bumper again or the rough country. i like the rc has a step in the bumper to make gettign in the bed easier. good luck with the repair. im almost a week out and still crickets from insurance. there is a claim filed just got the info today.
Gotta wonder had I had a Dave's Damper if it just might have warded off this type of misfortune, in any event good luck with your repair.

dtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Called around several shops to have my Ranger repaired - well regarded shops are 4 to 5 months out with repair work - they are telling me in SW CO it has been an epic year for deer strikes, the local shop I visited had maybe 20 parked vehicles with mangled front ends and some with shattered windshields.

dtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
also - the collision dude said he thought Ford and Ram had the most costly tailights, Ford's is $1k, I asked if they would use the old radar module - he said no tailllight is sold as an assembly. Checked on ebay and the radar modules are going for ~ $200 , so I think mine will be up for sale soon.
Sponsored