Fricking dealer didn't do PDI properly...

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
It's laziness and theft, and I don't care for either one.

Part of the price that I paid for the vehicle, included the cost of Ford paying the dealer to do a PDI that didn't get done.
I'm not saying your wrong, but it comes off very Karen'ish for something so trivial.

So just stirring the pot, if they were to refund you a dollar amount for not deflating your tires what would be an acceptable payment? lol

$1 per PSI? $10? $100?

I think deep down you know how silly this first world problem is.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Sheepdog

Sheepdog

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger SuperCrew 4x2 XL
Occupation
Retired police officer
Nope, What Iā€™m saying is donā€™t ever trust a stranger with your safety. Take responsibility for your gear, property, equipment, etc. This was as easy as pushing a button on the steering wheel to see the tire pressure before even leaving the lot. Donā€™t get into trouble just so you can blame someone else. If it is that important to you donā€˜t rely on someone else to take care you your property.
At the time of the PDI, it wasn't my property- it was the dealer's property. Once it was my property, I checked it.

So what is the door pressure. 38 or 30? OP, are you upset about two pounds or not? My money is the door says 38 and we are talking about a two pound difference. Letā€™s see the door label pic of this specific truck.
The tires were all about 10 pounds high.

20210404_210615.jpg

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I'm not saying your wrong, but it comes off very Karen'ish for something so trivial.

So just stirring the pot, if they were to refund you a dollar amount for not deflating your tires what would be an acceptable payment? lol

$1 per PSI? $10? $100?

I think deep down you know how silly this first world problem is.
Trivial, maybe? My theory is if they're skimping on a normal PDI do I trust this dealer to service my truck right in the future? Might be a little hyperbole but it's still my concern but I'm more ocd/anal than most. ;) I know things get overlooked but this seems like a common occurrence with many Ford dealers.

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
Trivial, maybe? My theory is if they're skimping on a normal PDI do I trust this dealer to service my truck right in the future? Might be a little hyperbole but it's still my concern but I'm more ocd/anal than most. ;) I know things get overlooked but this seems like a common occurrence with many Ford dealers.
I'm the king of OCD at times, but the flip side is my OCD would compel me to do the work myself instead of relying on someone else.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I'm the king of OCD at times, but the flip side is my OCD would compel me to do the work myself instead of relying on someone else.
Agree. But there are just some things on these newer vehicles you can't do yourself or have time for. At this stage of my life there are even simple things I don't want to do anymore and have the money to pay others to do it right. Yes, I do check it after it's done but something so trivial as tire pressure seems to get overlooked by a lot of Ford dealers. ?ā€ā™‚

OP
OP
Sheepdog

Sheepdog

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired police officer
Bingo- if they cannot master the complexities of a tire pressure gauge, I don't know if I want to trust them with anything more complicated, like the engine oil drain plug, dipstick, or oil filter...

OP
OP
Sheepdog

Sheepdog

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired police officer
At this stage of my life there are even simple things I don't want to do anymore and have the money to pay others to do it right. Yes, I do check it after it's done but something so trivial as tire pressure seems to get overlooked by a lot of Ford dealers. ?ā€ā™‚
Yup. Me too...

Rocketeer61

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Strider drove squirrely for the first few days, so I checked the air. 3 tires were at 50 lbs and the 4th one was at 54. I deflated them to sticker spec and when I went back to the dealer to make the appt for a bedliner I asked the Service Manager why the rims still had the round white PEEL HERE stickers attached. He said they were supposed to be removed by the dealer prep guy after he checked the tire air. Kinda irritating when you consider the reaming you take in dealer fees...

Last edited:

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
Nope, What Iā€™m saying is donā€™t ever trust a stranger with your safety. Take responsibility for your gear, property, equipment, etc. This was as easy as pushing a button on the steering wheel to see the tire pressure before even leaving the lot. Donā€™t get into trouble just so you can blame someone else. If it is that important to you donā€˜t rely on someone else to take care you your property.

So what is the door pressure. 38 or 30? OP, are you upset about two pounds or not? My money is the door says 38 and we are talking about a two pound difference. Letā€™s see the door label pic of this specific truck.
My door days 30 and the tires were at least 40. That's sadly common when people pick up their trucks, and 30 is a normal pressure specification. (Also stupid of the dealers since it contributes to shitty ride quality on test drives.) And they didn't put washer fluid in my truck. Again, really common. I can't understand why you seem bent out of shape that people are unhappy about dealerships not doing what they're supposed to do. Stop trying to blame him, he's not making this up, it's a recurring issue between Ford and the dealerships. Ford specifies a procedure, the dealer is supposed to follow it, and they just don't. I guess your experience suggests that following proper procedures isn't important as long as someone else can come along later and pick up the slack or if it's something that probably won't be noticed?

Mine was at 44psi. And you can check it while inside your truck looking at the dash. Sticker on door says 38psi, but it must be a Ford directed issue to put it in the 40ā€™s.
Part of the problem here is that you're starting from an incorrect premise, and then arguing aggressively from there. Different rangers have different tire pressure specs depending on the configuration. 30psi is common, not a mistake. Ford does ship the vehicles with tires filled over the specified pressure, and directs the dealer to correct the pressure during pdi. That's been the case for decades.

Dahveed

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT 4x4 / 2020 Ford Edge ST-Line
Occupation
Pharmacy Consultant
It's not just the 4x2s that ask for 30psi. My 4x4 with the factory 18"s says 30psi as well.

MTB-BRUH

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Base
Occupation
Shop Manager
Some places in the world they worry about starving to death everyday. In America we lose sleep over an automotive dealership marginally over inflating our tires.

But anyway I donā€™t trust dealers for anything at all.. so of course when I got my truck home I took 10 minutes to go over it. Not a big deal

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Some places in the world they worry about starving to death everyday. In America we lose sleep over an automotive dealership marginally over inflating our tires.

But anyway I donā€™t trust dealers for anything at all.. so of course when I got my truck home I took 10 minutes to go over it. Not a big deal
And in those same places they can not afford a $40K truck so that analogy is a moot point. No one is losing any sleep over this but when I'm paying good money for _____ (fill in the blank) I expect that item to be serviced correctly. If I had purchased a used $500 Pinto well then my expectations would be much lower. I don't trust dealers much either but it still doesn't give them a free pass to not do their job. My time is worth money whether it be 10 minutes or 10 hours. YMMV

My point is if we keep excepting mediocre service/quality while paying top dollar, then we'll soon have a country full of sub par products/quality like those of a third world country.

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
My point is if we keep excepting mediocre service/quality while paying top dollar...
1617596068028.png

core values have been socially engineered to be where you see current effect/affect...the flesh is willing, but the mind is weak.:crazy::turkey:
Sponsored