Free Sync 3 Navigation Map Updates (NA 1 18)

Ranger_Rocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat Super Cab FX4 White Platinum
Occupation
Wanderer

aslusers

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Orange SuperCrew FX4 Trailer Tow 302A
Vehicle Showcase

Dan Keil

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4
Occupation
Walmart Associate
In the USB root directory ?

What did you mean above by " II have on my thumb drive File name 19Q1_NA_Post-3.3 2ND Release>Sync My Ride. " ?
That was the file Ford sent me!! The order of things I have on my thumb drive is what I put on my other note

Geoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger 1943 Willys Jeep
Occupation
Retired Engineer
This video explains how to save Favorites...

SYNC® 3 Navigation: Advanced feature
Yes, thank-you but I was aware of all that. What I meant by saving favorites was writing them to a USB Drive (or some such). A Master reset erases those saved favorites and there is no way of restoring them hence it would be nice to be able to save them on a USB Drive (for example).

SymChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4 / 2017 Escape SE FWD
I also verified that the Speed Limit ID part still is not accurate. I understand that while the camera sees the speed limit signs, it's the map that knows the speed limit on said sign. Any ideas?
What is this Speed Limit ID thing?

The Ford maps are what show the speed limit is based on prior mapping data, not a camera, that I’m aware. I can confirm this because they reduced some speed limits around me and the map shows the old speed.

CoastieN70

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariet
Occupation
Retired
OK here is my experience with the Map update:
I tried the download and and it ABSOLUTELY sucked. Would not load, I had this same problem with the 1 18 update so as I did with the 1 18 update I coughed up the $40 for SYNC's USB.
It tried to load, actually it seemed to load but at the end I showed MAP 1 18.
So after several hours over the course of two days being bounced around from one 800 number to another, I finally got someone who actually listened to me after realizing I was actually tech savvy. I noted that the directions to the SYNC USB mentioned SYNC 3.4 and how just a week prior I had checked the FordOwners.Com website and it was still not available. She checked and SURPRISE! 3.4 is available.
I thought "great" I'll be forking out for another company USB BUT I would give their download a chance.
It freeking worked! I finally had SYNC 3.4 on board!
I forgot to mention that the "Nice Lady", the truly helpful one insisted that according to their records, I had MAP 1 19 loaded, this was before my SYNC 3.4 update BUT I showed 1 18 on MY screen.
So I reloaded the MAP update and sure enough (after a 30 minute load) I now have MAP 1 19.
Let me add that after I loaded MAP 1 19 with SYNC 3.3 I lost all NAV Voice Commands But I have everything in NAV working now.
I also had to do a Master Reset and reload Ford Pass to get everything to work.

Dan Keil

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4
Occupation
Walmart Associate
My map update is a 1 19. My sync is 3.3 right now. I have everything loaded on a thumb drive and the system is not showing anything

CoastieN70

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariet
Occupation
Retired
My map update is a 1 19. My sync is 3.3 right now. I have everything loaded on a thumb drive and the system is not showing anything
I went through this too. You need to go to Ford Owners dot com and download and install SYNC 3.4 before Maps 1 19 will load, show, work...

Richard Conley

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2016 Honda Accord Touring
Tried waze, prefer Google Maps. Hoping Apple Maps is going to be update as they claim in the next rrelease!
Interested - big Apple fan for phones and stock (wish I had more). But like I say have a Waze history so lot of fave places are already available. So it would be nice if locations transferred automatically like contacts. Trying to be Google free, switched to Edge but not sure it matter much.

Dan Keil

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4
Occupation
Walmart Associate
I went through this too. You need to go to Ford Owners dot com and download and install SYNC 3.4 before Maps 1 19 will load, show, work...
I will try to get my sync updated when I get time

Geoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Engineer
No, that's not quite right. You can load the map under 3.3 but 3.3 will not update the map version number due to a bug. But you can verify that Map 119 is loaded by looking in the diagnostic menu.

That version number bug has been fixed in Sync 3.4 so it'll show the correct version number if you load Map 119 under 3.4.

Since the version number bug exists in 3.3 it does not get updated when the map is updated and because 3.4 looks at the 3.3 version number it cannot 'know' if a newer map is loaded so it'll show an incorrect version number under that circumstance (but again the map version can be verified in the IVSU Diagnostic screen).

As a point of reference, I've loaded map 119 under 3.3 and then again under 3.4. My recommendation is to update sync to 3.4 then load map 119. But if you want a newer map and don't want to gamble on losing the climate controls 119 works fine under 3.3.

CoastieN70

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariet
Occupation
Retired
No, that's not quite right. You can load the map under 3.3 but 3.3 will not update the map version number due to a bug. But you can verify that Map 119 is loaded by looking in the diagnostic menu.

That version number bug has been fixed in Sync 3.4 so it'll show the correct version number if you load Map 119 under 3.4.

Since the version number bug exists in 3.3 it does not get updated when the map is updated and because 3.4 looks at the 3.3 version number it cannot 'know' if a newer map is loaded so it'll show an incorrect version number under that circumstance (but again the map version can be verified in the IVSU Diagnostic screen).

As a point of reference, I've loaded map 119 under 3.3 and then again under 3.4. My recommendation is to update sync to 3.4 then load map 119. But if you want a newer map and don't want to gamble on losing the climate controls 119 works fine under 3.3.
Interesting BUT I loaded SYNC 3.4 via the Ford site (not the hack so many have used) and did not loose Climate Control or anything else from V3.3 except the sluggishness that drove me crazy from day 1 of my Ranger experience. So I say if you haven't upgraded to SYNC V3.4 do so via the Authorized upgrade from Ford...

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
Interesting BUT I loaded SYNC 3.4 via the Ford site (not the hack so many have used) and did not loose Climate Control or anything else from V3.3 except the sluggishness that drove me crazy from day 1 of my Ranger experience. So I say if you haven't upgraded to SYNC V3.4 do so via the Authorized upgrade from Ford...
I did that, it was a horrible process, and I ended up without climate control. AFAICT there's no way to predict whether the Ford update will kill your climate screen.

Geoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Engineer
I also upgraded to 3.4 using the official Ford release (which is no longer available due to web site maintenance) but there are those who have used the official Ford updater and lost Climate controls -

Some subset has a bit set in the as built for Climate Off. There was a bug in v3.3 that it ignored this. Now that v3.4 is reading it correctly, the screen is being removed though voice commands remain (controlled via a different bit for Auto climate type). The only way to know if you'll be impacted is to check your as built data for the specific byte. If it's 0x80 you'll lose the Climate UI, if it's 0x00 you'll keep it.
Sponsored