Free Sync 3 Navigation Map Updates (NA 1 18)

Ranger_Rocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat Super Cab FX4 White Platinum
Occupation
Wanderer
Have anyone ever order $40 for USB stick and upload it? Any issue? I have tried to upload with my personal USB stick and failed 5 times with a variety of methods. A common error is the map license file is missing. Frustrated. So, I end up ordering the Ford USB stick. It should arrive sometime next week or so.
The entire process is overly complicated for what it does.

Some reported problems with 16GB USB sticks, even though the files only take up 11.5GB

I used an older 32GB Sandisk Cruzer USB stick without a glitch.

Did you label your USB stick SyncMyRide ?

Did you copy your license file to folder SyncMyRide ?

Have you tried downloading your license file again ?
Sponsored

aslusers

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Orange SuperCrew FX4 Trailer Tow 302A
Vehicle Showcase

Some reported problems with 16GB USB sticks, even though the files only take up 11.5GB

Yes to all of your questions: label it SyncMyRide and downloading license file. Not only that, I reformatted it several times with xFatbit and downloaded software and licenses. When it does not work, I reformat the USB and do it again. Not only that, I also cleaned my download folder so that I can download the license file accurately. My USB stick is 16 GB and it has 3.3 gb left on it. So the size is not an issue. Just that stars does not aligned that day. Smile. I will wait and see if Ford USB would make a difference. Crossing my fingers. Thank you for your suggestions. Truly appreciate that.

SafetyDan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 V2 - Ranger Lariat, FX4, 501A, Trailer Tow (Lightning Blue), V1- Lariat, FX4, 500A, Trailer Tow (Ingot Silver) <Epic Fail - Lemon>
Vehicle Showcase
Yes to all of your questions: label it SyncMyRide and downloading license file. Not only that, I reformatted it several times with xFatbit and downloaded software and licenses. When it does not work, I reformat the USB and do it again. Not only that, I also cleaned my download folder so that I can download the license file accurately. My USB stick is 16 GB and it has 3.3 gb left on it. So the size is not an issue. Just that stars does not aligned that day. Smile. I will wait and see if Ford USB would make a difference. Crossing my fingers. Thank you for your suggestions. Truly appreciate that.
I ordered the Ford USB, and when through all the steps, but my about SYNC still shows NA 1 18. I call customer care they said it is a Sync glitch. This is supposed to upgrade to NA 1 19 right?

Dan Keil

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4
Occupation
Walmart Associate

I have done it 5 times. The license file doesn't show it is live

alcohenusa

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat 4x4
Occupation
Retired
For those of you getting the missing license file error and are sure the file is in the correct folder, check to be sure you have the correct license file. When I first downloaded I got an old license file with a different file name. When installing, I got an error for no license file because of the name mismatch. They even sent out some $40 USBs with incorrect license files.

You can open the autoinstall.lst file with any text editor such as notepad and look at the list of files it is looking for. If the license file you received Is different than the one listed, you probably got the wrong one.

Ford’s recommendation was to clear the browser cache and re-download which worked for me.

Rickfar

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 supercrew sport
For those of you getting the missing license file error and are sure the file is in the correct folder, check to be sure you have the correct license file. When I first downloaded I got an old license file with a different file name. When installing, I got an error for no license file because of the name mismatch. They even sent out some $40 USBs with incorrect license files.

You can open the autoinstall.lst file with any text editor such as notepad and look at the list of files it is looking for. If the license file you received Is different than the one listed, you probably got the wrong one.

Ford’s recommendation was to clear the browser cache and re-download which worked for me.
So I have downloaded the files did everything I was supposed to do stuck thing USB drive-in it says it's updating the system at seem to reboot and it said the system was updated but here is my problem before I started the update I was that map version 117 and after it did the update and still says my Mac version is 1 1:07 a.m. I missing something or what am I doing wrong? My sync version is 3.3

alcohenusa

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat 4x4
Occupation
Retired
So I have downloaded the files did everything I was supposed to do stuck thing USB drive-in it says it's updating the system at seem to reboot and it said the system was updated but here is my problem before I started the update I was that map version 117 and after it did the update and still says my Mac version is 1 1:07 a.m. I missing something or what am I doing wrong? My sync version is 3.3
There is an issue where the displayed map version may not update to the new version that successfully installed. Be sure that you are letting the system fully update and not removing the USB too soon. There are multiple ‘completed’ messages and restarts. Mine took about an hour to complete.

TylerV76

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4
Occupation
Emissions testing supplier

Sync 3.3 doesn't show the correct map version after the update. You'll have to update to 3.4 "unofficially" or wait for the update directly from Ford.

Dan Keil

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4
Occupation
Walmart Associate
II have on my thumb drive File name 19Q1_NA_Post-3.3 2ND Release>Sync My Ride.
Then the files are labeled the 15 that on on the TD 4UST-14G421-cac tar

Ranger_Rocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Wanderer
I almost made that error following the not-quite-clear intructions.

Do not use folder 19Q1_NA_Post-3.2_2ndRelease

USB root folder should contain:

Image 1075.png

Dan Keil

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4
Occupation
Walmart Associate
I don't have that!

Dan Keil

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4
Occupation
Walmart Associate
The order I have on my thumb drive it is:
Stncmyride
Auto Install
DONTINDX.msa

Ranger_Rocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Wanderer
The order I have on my thumb drive it is:
Stncmyride
Auto Install
DONTINDX.msa
In the USB root directory ?

What did you mean above by " II have on my thumb drive File name 19Q1_NA_Post-3.3 2ND Release>Sync My Ride. " ?

chasvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Vehicle Showcase
Tried Waze? Can use it with CarPlay. Been using it for several years before I got my Ranger. I like it a lot.
Tried waze, prefer Google Maps. Hoping Apple Maps is going to be update as they claim in the next rrelease!

aslusers

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Orange SuperCrew FX4 Trailer Tow 302A
Vehicle Showcase
I love Apple Map and it is much further advanced than Ford Navigation system.
Sponsored