Free Sync 3 Navigation Map Updates (NA 1 18)

Ranger_Rocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat Super Cab FX4 White Platinum
Occupation
Wanderer
An alternative is to open in a text editor and do a search and replace:
Search for: LABEL="​
Replace with: carriage return​
That will put in PID in a new row starting with the PID ID.

ie,
7A7-01-01"><CODE>0076</CODE><CODE>81DC</CODE><CODE>1497</CODE></DATA><DATA 

7A7-01-02"><CODE>5A11</CODE><CODE>E7F0</CODE><CODE>8275</CODE></DATA><DATA

From there just search for "><CODE and replace with a couple spaces, and continue on with </CODE><CODE and </CODE></DATA><DATA

That gets you here:
7A7-01-01 >0076 >81DC >1497 

7A7-01-02 >5A11 >E7F0 >8275

(Note: [& Warning: Anal minutia] I left the leading > so when I pasted it into Numbers the program didn't remove the leading 0's before I could assign each cell as text). ;)
To keep the leading zeroes, first format all cells to TEXT, then paste.
Sponsored

Geoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger 1943 Willys Jeep
Occupation
Retired Engineer
To keep the leading zeroes, first format all cells to TEXT, then paste.
In Excel that works. In Numbers it didn't, hence my workaround (and a lot of frustration at the time)

Fjoyner

First Name
Forrest
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat 4X4, FX4, Black package
Occupation
Retired Optometrist
Please tell me what problem was 'fixed' by 3.4 that was worth sacrificing a quantity SL of people's Climate Controls? I didn't think I HAD a problem and certainly not one of any reasonable consequence (to me), but I do now. Is this the equivalent of fixing a left turn problem by making everyone now turn right three times? I mean, they'll get there eventually.

UofMEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20' Escape Hybrid,18' Fusion Hybrid
Please tell me what problem was 'fixed' by 3.4 that was worth sacrificing a quantity SL of people's Climate Controls? I didn't think I HAD a problem and certainly not one of any reasonable consequence (to me), but I do now. Is this the equivalent of fixing a left turn problem by making everyone now turn right three times? I mean, they'll get there eventually.
So, let me explain my thinking on why there was probably something changed / fixed there. The configuration didn’t change. From the config on these vehicles losing climate, they have Auto climate set on (enabling climate VR), and climate domain off. In v3.3, screen is shown, so it must not be using that bit. In v3.4, now suddenly the screen goes away based on that specific config setting, but the VR component still works. To me that would suggest it is being used now, hence the difference in the two.

MJP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat
Go here: https://www.motorcraftservice.com/asbuilt

Run your VIN, check 7D0-04-01 to see if it is: xxxx xx8x xxxx. If so, you'll lose Climate at the moment when you update.
So I went to the website you mentioned, and entered my vin, the results are below, based upon my results will the climate controls be visible on the screen after I update to sync 3.4, I appreciate your response.

7D0-04-01 0000 3300 0D1C

UofMEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20' Escape Hybrid,18' Fusion Hybrid
So I went to the website you mentioned, and entered my vin, the results are below, based upon my results will the climate controls be visible on the screen after I update to sync 3.4, I appreciate your response.

7D0-04-01000033000D1C
Correct.

Fjoyner

First Name
Forrest
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Optometrist
Curious:
1) If I saved my info into ProCal in preperation for the Performance upgrade -> prior to updating to this latest 3.4, can I restore from ProCal or is this module not saved as part of that process?

or

2) If I saved my 'as built' information prior to this 3.4 update can I restore from that using FORScan?

My unlucky numbers:
Screen Shot 2020-08-05 at 12.11.45 PM.png

MJP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat
Curious:
1) If I saved my info into ProCal in preperation for the Performance upgrade -> prior to updating to this latest 3.4, can I restore from ProCal or is this module not saved as part of that process?

or

2) If I saved my 'as built' information prior to this 3.4 update can I restore from that using FORScan?

My unlucky numbers:
Screen Shot 2020-08-05 at 12.11.45 PM.png
Why are you saying your unlucky numbers, you have 0000 in the second field, I was told in a recent previous post that I would no lose the climate control on the screen.

Fjoyner

First Name
Forrest
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Optometrist
Why are you saying your unlucky numbers, you have 0000 in the second field, I was told in a recent previous post that I would no lose the climate control on the screen.
You're looking in the wrong spot. See above msgs, but it's xxxx xx8x xxxx. Mine has the 8 in the unlucky spot, so it will and did kill my climate controls.

Fjoyner

First Name
Forrest
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Optometrist
That makes sense..
A bug in 3.3 that was fixed in 3.4 so when you 1st went to 3.4 the bug occurred and you fixed it. Since it was fixed reloading 3.4 had no effect.
Bug swapping...

MJP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat
You're looking in the wrong spot. See above msgs, but it's xxxx xx8x xxxx. Mine has the 8 in the unlucky spot, so it will and did kill my climate controls.
Thanks, so just confirming, my numbers are below, will I lose the climate control after the update, please let me know, I just want to be sure.

7D0-04-01000033000D1C

SandBaja

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Silver FX4, 501A pkg, fully optioned,2012 Rubicon, 2017 Cherokee, 2018 Volt
Occupation
Almost retired
Thanks, so just confirming, my numbers are below, will I lose the climate control after the update, please let me know, I just want to be sure.

7D0-04-01000033000D1C
You should be OK

Tra1969

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor 501A and Tow
Occupation
Senior Manufacturing Supervisor
Vehicle Showcase
I have the same numbers as you do. Did you get it fixed after you updated?

Fjoyner

First Name
Forrest
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Optometrist
I have the same numbers as you do. Did you get it fixed after you updated?
No. I haven't found any method to either reverse it or fix it. I'll wait it out before I take it to the dealer, so currently, I'm waiting.
Sponsored