Free Sync 3 Navigation Map Updates (NA 1 18)

MINI Ranger

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4, 2014 MINI Cooper S Clubman
Occupation
ASE Master Technician, MINI Technician, Retired
Vehicle Showcase
No, I have not. The quick format box was checked in the instructions so I assumed that was good enough on a brand new flash drive. I'll try that.
Sponsored

MINI Ranger

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Have you tried full reformat of the drives? Somewhere a package is getting corrupted it would appear.
I did a deep format rather than the default Quick one, reloaded the map files, and license files and tried it again. Now after 5 to 8 minutes into the upload to the truck, I get a different message.
INSTL_ERR06
Download files again and retry to install.
This code is mentioned on the upload instruction sheet as "Map License uploaded into USB_SYNCMyRide folder is incorrect"
How do I get another file?

UofMEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20' Escape Hybrid,18' Fusion Hybrid
I did a deep format rather than the default Quick one, reloaded the map files, and license files and tried it again. Now after 5 to 8 minutes into the upload to the truck, I get a different message.
INSTL_ERR06
This code is mentioned on the upload instruction sheet as "Map License uploaded into USB_SYNCMyRide folder is incorrect"
You can re-download it any time from ALOM using the confirmation link in the E-Mail.

Rp930

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Ford Ranger Lariat, ‘23 Macan,’21 Shelby GT500
Occupation
Retired
INSTL_ERR06
I got that until I went to a larger flash drive. I initially tried a 16 and it wasn’t big enough.

Ammalone72

First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Med clerk
Mine seems to have not loaded my voice stuff like it did when I did the previous year map update. I am unable to use voice for entering navigation. Do you have a tip for getting the voice files installed?

6C4C6E68-AE02-4E54-92CD-866763A476C2.jpeg
I'm having the same issue.

Richard Conley

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2016 Honda Accord Touring
Hey Guys,

While looking at the 'about sync' page in my Ranger, I noticed I was on map version 'NA117' and I know a 'NA118' is available. A quick search for 'sync map update' brought me to an official Ford Navigation Map update page here https://syncnavigation.com/ford/home. I put in my Ranger's VIN and Sync ESN and voila - a free map update is available!

You can find your Sync ESN at the bottom of the 'About Sync' page:

esn-location.png

Place your order for the 'free download' and grab a 32gb (USB 3.0 fast read/write preferably) thumb drive and format it exFAT. Follow the instructions to create your own update thumb drive and about an hour later you'll be on NA 1 18! Install speed depends on the speeds of the thumb drive so if you have a slow one be prepared to take a drive while this is installing.

The root of your thumb drive should look like this:
qTPcV7r.png

And the SyncMyRide folder should look like this:
8oeNemp.png

Update warning 1:
zVEve91.jpg

Update warning 2:
4Hj4Ni6.jpg

Here's my before:
uQpIDj7.jpg

And after:
S3zu6Hd.jpg

Good luck and happy updating!

EDIT: This will also work for any other 2018 and newer Fords that are still on '17 maps. Doing the wife's '18 Edge next!
NEEDLESSLY complex

alcohenusa

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat 4x4
Occupation
Retired
When I first tried to update the maps, the installation failed because Ford provided an incorrect license file. Because of the failure, I lost my Nav voice commands while manual input still worked. After I was able to get the correct download and perform a successful installation, the voice commands reappeared. You may try re-downloading and reinstall.

UofMEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This is where I got my download from. Had no issues installing it but now my navigation commands are gone and she doesn't recognize them when I try to give a command.
You probably pulled the stick before the final step completed. You can re-run the install, or edit the autoinstall.lst to run the last section to get that nav voice data installed.

Ammalone72

First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Med clerk
I'm trying it now. We will see how this goes. Thank you.

MINI Ranger

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
My day off activities:
I finally located the e-mail from ALON, downloaded the maps and license files again. Uploaded to truck and got same error 006.
I then realized that auto update had not been switched on, so I turned it on, and realized that my home wi-fi would not connect since AT&T had replaced my router. I added the network, password, and then ran check for Sync updates. Truck uploaded something and at same time tried to upload map files as I hadn't removed the USB stick.
I thought it had finished, so I turned everything off and went in the house. Came back later to go to the store and noticed an arrow icon at top of screen, touched it and a drop down box appeared saying it was finished with Sync 3 update. I think it continued the update via wifi with key off.
It is still Sync3.3 but now would allow map update. I drove around for less than an hour with "updating software" at top of screen and then got the "Installation Complete" box allowing me to remove USB.
Maps still say NA 1 18, I've lost voice recognition for Navigation, and I can't tell if maps are different or updated in any way, not sure which way to go from here, do I perform a Master reset?

UofMEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I drove around for less than an hour with "updating software" at top of screen and then got the "Installation Complete" box allowing me to remove USB.
Maps still say NA 1 18, I've lost voice recognition for Navigation, and I can't tell if maps are different or updated in any way, not sure which way to go from here, do I perform a Master reset?
Was that the FIRST time that complete pop up displayed after the initial restart (after you accept the install will disable nav voice)? If so, you pulled the stick early and need to let the last step run. That'll recover the nav voice. Per other posts, it's going to show the wrong version on v3.3 due to a bug. You can verify what's installed through the diagnostic menu.

rparge

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat 4x4 Crew Cab
Occupation
Retired.
Will this work? I don't really need the Mexican Spanish or Canadian French.

[SYNCGen3.0_ALL]
Item1 = 4U5T-14G422-CAF
Open1 = SyncMyRide\4U5T-14G422-CAF.tar.gz
Options = Autoinstall

I too lost all the NAV voice prompts and recognition.
This brought them back. Took about 15 a minute drive.
Thank you!
Sponsored