First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
So FP tune and forscan is a no go huh. Guess I won’t be adding TM on..
Sponsored

Gizmokid2005

Threads
Reaction score
Website
gizmokid2005.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4 SCrew
Occupation
SQL Developer
Vehicle Showcase
So FP tune and forscan is a no go huh. Guess I won’t be adding TM on..
At most you'll need to flash the tune back to stock, make your forscan adjustments and then reflash your tune.

SVTPaul

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2004 SVT Cobra, 2008 Subaru STi
Occupation
Engineer
With the Ford tune it blocks forscan?
I have the FP tune on my truck (installed prior to delivery) and it had no impact on FORScan. It seems to be an issue for some and not others. I wonder if it's been happening to people that have initiated FORScan and saved a vehicle profile, and then got the tune afterwards? ?‍♂

jlewand3

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
I have the FP tune on my truck (installed prior to delivery) and it had no impact on FORScan. It seems to be an issue for some and not others. I wonder if it's been happening to people that have initiated FORScan and saved a vehicle profile, and then got the tune afterwards? ?‍♂
Yup, same. I had tune and used FORScan with no issues except one. All changes stuck except for auto-relock. I had to manually set those values through the AS-Built.

KnightWolf

First Name
Stu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
IT Consulting
Trying to do the changes to the IPC module & evey time I get procedure interrupted.

I’m using the OBDLink EX cable on 21 Lariat. Any tips or pointers?

Edit: I’m able to write to thr BCM no problem
Edit 2: Forgot to mention, when I write to the IPC & get the procedure interrupted the APIM throws a DTC Code: U1A00 - Private Communication Network. I'm only able to clear the DTC by rewriting the APIM module with my as-built backup.

Last edited:

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
Hopefully someone can answer this question. I have searched for but cannot seem to find any definitive answer.

Is the alert honk for arming the factory alarm when pressing lock on fob twice linked with the double honk on exit? I'm trying to figure out how to re-enable the alarm arm alert honk only. I tried enabling the honk on lock press "Feedback Horn" in Forscan but no success. Does anyone know off hand what needs to be switched to re-enable this?

SVTPaul

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2004 SVT Cobra, 2008 Subaru STi
Occupation
Engineer
Hopefully someone can answer this question. I have searched for but cannot seem to find any definitive answer.

Is the alert honk for arming the factory alarm when pressing lock on fob twice linked with the double honk on exit? I'm trying to figure out how to re-enable the alarm arm alert honk only. I tried enabling the honk on lock press "Feedback Horn" in Forscan but no success. Does anyone know off hand what needs to be switched to re-enable this?
I'm not sure which parameter disables/enables the honk on locking a second time with the fob, but it is not related to the double honk on exit with the truck running. I have disabled the double honk but not the alert honk, which is still functioning.

JesseS

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4, Jayco 26' Class A
Occupation
Retired, work is a four letter word.
I have made a few changes and all work fine, then backed up the changed file under a new profile. Most of the options are self explanatory but I have a question, what do the 'Off Road Gauge' options do? Does this switch the display to the off road gauges when 2 or 4 wheel 4X4 mode is engaged?

JesseS

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I'm not sure which parameter disables/enables the honk on locking a second time with the fob, but it is not related to the double honk on exit with the truck running. I have disabled the double honk but not the alert honk, which is still functioning.
I actually like the Alert honk, sometimes I forget to lock the truck until I am to far away from it to hear the locks engage, so the honk on a second press confirms its locked.

Gizmokid2005

Threads
Reaction score
Website
gizmokid2005.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4 SCrew
Occupation
SQL Developer
Vehicle Showcase
I have made a few changes and all work fine, then backed up the changed file under a new profile. Most of the options are self explanatory but I have a question, what do the 'Off Road Gauge' options do? Does this switch the display to the off road gauges when 2 or 4 wheel 4X4 mode is engaged?
No, it just enables the "Truck Info" screen with the off-road gauges if you don't already have them with an FX4 package. They're not automatic though, you'll need to bring them up just like you'd change to any other screens.

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
I figured it out why the alarm was not sounding on arm. Apparently in BCM module the alarm horn type somehow got set to piezoelectric. Reset it to primary horn and voila. Alarm arm alert honk is fixed.

JesseS

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Done with all of my changes for now except still need to up the SOC to 90% on the battery, it is really nice to get in and start the truck without all of the 'dings' and 'chimes'!

*Update* Got the battery state increased to 90% SOC from 75 for more reserve power. It's in the BCM Module under Battery Target State.

Last edited:

omniphil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
Done with all of my changes for now except still need to up the SOC to 90% on the battery, it is really nice to get in and start the truck without all of the 'dings' and 'chimes'!
How did you get all the chimes to turn off? I can't seem to get rid of all of them
Sponsored