Retired mechanical designer

Lone Ranger

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Super Crew, 2019 Ford Flex
I just re-downloaded it a few mins ago and I still only get 5 files. I'm missing the 5UST-14G391-CM.tar file
I successfully updated to 20282 and got the XML file, uploaded it to Ford and go the "success" message after uploading it, but the Ford updater still says I need the upgrade - and it has been a week now. I think I'll give up.

Don't feel bad - you aren't alone.
I just started over with a re-formatted USB. I only got five of the six files and do not have the XML file and gas prices are not updating. I will wait a couple weeks and see if something new shows up. The one link I found on Cyan labs only has five files and is missing 5U5T-14G391-CM.tar.gz.

UofMEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20' Escape Hybrid,18' Fusion Hybrid
I just started over with a re-formatted USB. I only got five of the six files and do not have the XML file and gas prices are not updating. I will wait a couple weeks and see if something new shows up. The one link I found on Cyan labs only has five files and is missing 5U5T-14G391-CM.tar.gz.
Use download with the NAV VIN from an earlier post.

UofMEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
will the xml file from using the vins that u posted update our trucks to ford? thanks in advance
The update will work fine. If you have NAV, download that pack and install, and same story for NON-NAV (8" screen). The small 4" screen has it's own installer, though those ones I think I've always seen the right files. The XML at the end will generate based on your specific vehicle.

T Bone

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Southern Adirondack Mountains of upstate NY
Vehicle(s)
2020 ford ranger xlt
Occupation
Retired!!!!
The update will work fine. If you have NAV, download that pack and install, and same story for NON-NAV (8" screen). The small 4" screen has it's own installer, though those ones I think I've always seen the right files. The XML at the end will generate based on your specific vehicle.
thank you sir

Clump

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer ST former 2021 Ranger Lariat Tremor
Just updated. I had to use the VIN UofMEngineer posted to get the CM file. It still won't go back to the USB drive on restart.

JimH

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT SuperCrew
Occupation
Retired
Update success! 2020 XLT - I had to use the VIN UofMEngineer sent me to get the CM files, but install went fine. Took 33 minutes, and it wrote the xml file to the USB stick. Went to Ford site and it uploaded and now says my SYNC update has been confirmed. YAy!! Thanks to UofMEngineer for the help!!!

UofMEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just updated. I had to use the VIN UofMEngineer posted to get the CM file. It still won't go back to the USB drive on restart.
Do you mean re-source to USB media on restart?

*EDIT* --> Missed the PM. Will follow up there.

Last edited:

T Bone

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Southern Adirondack Mountains of upstate NY
Vehicle(s)
2020 ford ranger xlt
Occupation
Retired!!!!
just did the update thanks to @UofMEngineer . biggest difference i noticed right away was how much better the audio sounded, i mean BIG difference, was blown away by how good it sounded. no settings were changed in the way i had it set up, but sounded like i had put a new head unit in. i have the basic system not the b&o and this is now one of the best stock vehicle audio systems i have ever heard. thanks a million!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JoeC

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
I too didn't get the -CM file in my 20282 update from Ford.
Using the VIN from post 206, I downloaded/made a USB/ updated truck (20min) and all seems well now.

So, I also would like to give UofMEngineer a well deserved 'At-A-Boy'.
He'll probably need it one day, due to the Truism of Life that states, "One 'Oh Shit!' cancels out 1000 'At-A-Boy's' ".
Or, "Hero one day, Bum the next". :frown:

I really appreciate the help. Thank you, sir.

Clump

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer ST former 2021 Ranger Lariat Tremor
I guess I tried playing from USB while the system was finishing the update. Noticed the next time I drove the truck that 20282 is MUCH snappier than 20136. Stopped for about 20 minutes and play from USB came back to where it left off.:clap:

nevada.tracy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ranger
Update success! 2020 XLT - I had to use the VIN UofMEngineer sent me to get the CM files, but install went fine. Took 33 minutes, and it wrote the xml file to the USB stick. Went to Ford site and it uploaded and now says my SYNC update has been confirmed. YAy!! Thanks to UofMEngineer for the help!!!
Do you have NAV?
Sponsored