First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCab FX4
Occupation
System Admin
I'm not sure if we have fake engine sound, but we have noise cancelation to reduce noises at all, maybe you mean this
There was a post I saw that mentioned there is fake engine sounds and it can be turned off with forscan. I assume it comes through the stereo, but not sure.
Sponsored

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
I'm pretty sure I have it in my 302a xlt an I want to turn it off.

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
There was a post I saw that mentioned there is fake engine sounds and it can be turned off with forscan. I assume it comes through the stereo, but not sure.
Yes it can be turned off with Forscan. Just make sure you have the latest version and go into the ACM configuration. Look for "Software Engine Sound Enhancement" and disable it. You can also enable Software Anti Noise Canceling" if it's not. Made a huge difference in my 2019 XLT w/302A.

You may need to create a new profile in Forscan to see the ACM module if you haven't used Forscan for a while.

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
To disable this you need to get the correct type of OBD2/USB link cable, a licensed (free or paid) copy of Forscan and use it to disable the "Software Engine Sound Enhancement" in the ACM module.

All the information you need can be found here.

https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/forscan-crowdsourced-wiki.2008/

Just be sure to read up about using Forscan before getting started. It is an extremely powerful tool and you can brick the system if not careful. Best advise is to keep a list of all changes you make so so you can keep track of them and I cannot stress this enough ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS back up the modules before you make any changes. This way if something goes wrong you can revert back.

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
The synthetic engine growl is at a constant level...if you're listening to loud music, this sound effect gets drowned out...

TN Ranger

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Electricain
If I use a line level converter for a sub will it come through the sub?

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
2020 XLT sport here. Fake engine noise is there but minimal most of the time. It really becomes noticeable when you go WOT mode. Then it sounds really, really bad! ? Glad the truck really doesn’t sound like that!

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I didn't know you could turn the fake noise off with the free version.

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
I didn't know you could turn the fake noise off with the free version.
As far as I know you can do everything with Forscan with the trial (free) license that you can on the paid version. The only reason to pay for it is being able to use it for either the time frame paid for over the trial period or lifetime if you pay for that version. It also obviously supports the devs work so they can continue to improve functionality etc etc.

Opusnbill7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4
As far as I know you can do everything with Forscan with the trial (free) license that you can on the paid version. The only reason to pay for it is being able to use it for either the time frame paid for over the trial period or lifetime if you pay for that version. It also obviously supports the devs work so they can continue to improve functionality etc etc.
Yes, and if you like their work please do support them (like I did). That's what enables them to keep adding new features, and to give you the opportunity to try it before you pay for it.

You *could* do what you needed on their "free" trial license and then never pay. But then don't complain when companies make you pay first or give you a "crippled" version of the software to try before you have to pay. But if you can afford a 2019-2021 Ranger, you can probably afford $10 (for a year) or $50 (for lifetime) for a real license if it worked for you.

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Yes, and if you like their work please do support them (like I did). That's what enables them to keep adding new features, and to give you the opportunity to try it before you pay for it.

You *could* do what you needed on their "free" trial license and then never pay. But then don't complain when companies make you pay first or give you a "crippled" version of the software to try before you have to pay. But if you can afford a 2019-2021 Ranger, you can probably afford $10 (for a year) or $50 (for lifetime) for a real license if it worked for you.
I didn't know it was that cheap I thought it was around $100 a year. Guess I'll get around to downloading it

Jacob

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4
Huh just went on YouTube to hear the difference with/without. I guess mine isn’t activated or something. ?

Ranger_Rocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat Super Cab FX4 White Platinum
Occupation
Wanderer
I'm not sure if we have fake engine sound, but we have noise cancelation to reduce noises at all, maybe you mean this
Noise cancellation ? Really ?

Does it cancel out noise coming in from the rear vents ?

Other than that, my SCab is quiet.

Rangerwig

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rapid Red Ranger Lariot
Occupation
Professional Driver
Is the fake or simulated engine noise only in the B&O sound systems? I have a 20 XLT Sport 4x4, 302A package and I don't hear it. Not that I want to but thinking of adding a sub and don't need or want simulated engine noise through the sub. Thanks for any advice.
I had an amp and sub installed and two additional six by 9s in boxes. Engine noise was pretty loud thru the sub ! But only if you cranked it up i had the seperate sub volume knob. I have b&o amp went out so i had a two chanel put in to run six by nines. There isnt a way to eliminate the engine noise from sub. I took it to dealership and they contacted the engineers at ford and still had no solution! It sounds great now two additional 6Ă— 9s sit on the back seat extra wire to move them around and equalizer on phone really helps alot!!!!!
Sponsored