djrobb

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Tacoma 4dr Sport Long Bed
Vehicle Showcase
Did you find out what was causing your buzzing sound? I believe I have the same issue with my truck... started about a week or so ago. Engine makes a light buzzing sound at lower speeds or when accelerating. Brought my truck to my dealer and two techs had their heads in the engine bay and they could hear it, but not isolate it. I'm supposed to drop the truck off on Wednesday for them to delve deeper into the noise. Thanks.
I didn’t find the source. I still have that noise. I can hear it when I stick my head down under the steering wheel the most. I haven’t had a chance to get a second person involved which would really help me find the source. If your dealer finds anything out please let me know and I’ll do the same!
Sponsored

r1ch999999

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Software Engineer
So do we have fake noise or not? Sometimes the engine sounds pretty good, sometimes it doesn't. I can't tell why.

Polar Bear

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX2 SuperCrew Rapid Red
Occupation
Medical
Vehicle Showcase
So do we have fake noise or not? Sometimes the engine sounds pretty good, sometimes it doesn't. I can't tell why.
I'm still wondering this myself....

RPW

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Fx4 Off-Road, 2019 Ford Explorer Sport
Did you find out what was causing your buzzing sound? I believe I have the same issue with my truck... started about a week or so ago. Engine makes a light buzzing sound at lower speeds or when accelerating. Brought my truck to my dealer and two techs had their heads in the engine bay and they could hear it, but not isolate it. I'm supposed to drop the truck off on Wednesday for them to delve deeper into the noise. Thanks.
I've been told it's the injectors. Mine does the same thing, especially right after an oil change. It dissipates as the engine warms up. Perfectly normal.

THLONE

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Chev C-20, 2019 Ford Ranger XL 4X4
Occupation
internet wise guy
Vehicle Showcase
My nephew bought a Elc Prisy. He brought it over from the dealer to show off. When he went to leave he couldnt get the eng to start. He had to call the dealer. LOL

chuck stein

First Name
chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma-now-gone
Was watching the TFL early impression and at around 6:36 you can hear a deep growling sound and the guy comments on it saying it is probably a fake sound which is then verified by the Ford guy in the truck.

Is that on all trim levels or just some with certain audio options? If It is on mine, it'll be the first thing I get switched off.
Has to be the dumbest thing ever. In recent days I have found this Ford Ranger to not be a wise purchase choice, from cheazy fake engine noise inside the cabin, to an actual Ford letter I got in reply to my inquiry (Ford replies with BS and lies).
I was looking to buy a 2021 Ranger, but no more, bought a Colorado ZR2 w/ Edlebrock SC ! Adios Ranger. Adios 5G forum.

FX4Offroad

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat FX4
Has to be the dumbest thing ever. In recent days I have found this Ford Ranger to not be a wise purchase choice, from cheazy fake engine noise inside the cabin, to an actual Ford letter I got in reply to my inquiry (Ford replies with BS and lies).
I was looking to buy a 2021 Ranger, but no more, bought a Colorado ZR2 w/ Edlebrock SC ! Adios Ranger. Adios 5G forum.
Enjoy!

MannyS

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
I dont hear that engine noise in my truck. Maybe its the ones with the B&O system

dtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat FX4, chromed and forever damperless
I hear it with the B&O when I get hard on the throttle - in fact when I test drove my Lariat at the dealership I commented on the throaty engine sound - not realizing it was fake. Here is a link to a scathing review of the Ford Ranger and I think at around the 4 minute mark the testers have some choice words regards the fake sound, these guys don't seem to high a very high opinion about Fomoco vehicles and don't hold back

Radioman

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x2, 2017 Toyota Limited Highlander w/Platinum Pkg., 2012 Jeep JK Rubicon
Occupation
Retired RF Telecommications Manager
I have the B&O system. Don't hear any fake engine noise.
I agree with you Tracy, I don't hear any FAKE engine noise. I understand that some people swear that it is there but I don't hear it. Maybe its my old ears...

TN Ranger

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Electricain
Is the fake or simulated engine noise only in the B&O sound systems? I have a 20 XLT Sport 4x4, 302A package and I don't hear it. Not that I want to but thinking of adding a sub and don't need or want simulated engine noise through the sub. Thanks for any advice.

jubreunig

First Name
Juergen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
I'm not sure if we have fake engine sound, but we have noise cancelation to reduce noises at all, maybe you mean this
Sponsored