gizmokid2005.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4 SCrew
Occupation
SQL Developer
Vehicle Showcase
Does it really sound like THIS ??

2019 Ranger Fake Engine Noise

Yes. Yes it does. It was an *immediate* and *instant* change when I disabled it in my XLT. If you don't know it's there, you don't really notice it because you aren't used to the truck sounds without it. But it most certainly sounds exactly like that and it's super obnoxious.

I have a lariat with the sound upgrade. Engine sounds normal at normal Temps. But if it's cold, the fake engine noise enhancement makes my truck sound like a V12, it's incredibly stupid. I plan on having them remove it in Ford IDS. Would do it myself, but the Ford software is $99 plus requires a subscription. The car dealer said its mandatory, and makes the engine sound nice. I highly disagree.
Good luck. You can do it with FORscan without needing to pay the dealership. The dealership can't even change your tire size in the ranger currently (I tried, they said it's not available to them in the software) so I had to use FORscan for that myself.
Sponsored

Blue Streak

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XL STX FX 2021 Honda CR V
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Ok I have some ?'s about this "fake engine noise". Does it come through the radio speakers or is there some hidden speaker some where? Does it happen instantly at start up while still in park or neutral, or do you have to be in drive & moving? Like if you are setting still in neutral & rev the motor does it change sound? Does it change as you drive with engine rpm & gear selection? After I get some answers I will give my report. ?

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
Ok I have some ?'s about this "fake engine noise". Does it come through the radio speakers or is there some hidden speaker some where? Does it happen instantly at start up while still in park or neutral, or do you have to be in drive & moving? Like if you are setting still in neutral & rev the motor does it change sound? Does it change as you drive with engine rpm & gear selection? After I get some answers I will give my report. ?
Comes through the radio speakers, especially through the sub if you have one. Yes it is there all the time and changes with RPM as you go through gears.

You will not believe how much quieter the cab will be in town. If it was piped outside, it might be more fun.

Blue Streak

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Comes through the radio speakers, especially through the sub if you have one. Yes it is there all the time and changes with RPM as you go through gears.

You will not believe how much quieter the cab will be in town. If it was piped outside, it might be more fun.
If this is true I stand by my first reply. Mine does not have it. :clap:

Ranger_Rocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat Super Cab FX4 White Platinum
Occupation
Wanderer
Wonder if the fake sound is only with the B&O system . . .

mlarma

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT 4x2
Occupation
Computers/Networks
Is the fake or simulated engine noise only in the B&O sound systems? I have a 20 XLT Sport 4x4, 302A package and I don't hear it. Not that I want to but thinking of adding a sub and don't need or want simulated engine noise through the sub. Thanks for any advice.
It’s there. I got rid of my fake sound with forscsn and I have a 20 XLT FX2 also with the 302A and tech package.

Gizmokid2005

Threads
Reaction score
Website
gizmokid2005.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
SQL Developer
Vehicle Showcase
Wonder if the fake sound is only with the B&O system . . .
It's not. I don't have the B&O and it was there. People who think it's not there haven't actually tried to disable it.

Blue Streak

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
It's not. I don't have the B&O and it was there. People who think it's not there haven't actually tried to disable it.
True have not tried to disable it. Also I have no need for Forscan. Also if answers to my previous post ?'s are yes as Gizmokid stated, then I still say my truck does not have it. ? Unless some one can come up with a better explanation of how & when fake engine noise operates I still say no.

TN Ranger

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Electricain
True have not tried to disable it. Also I have no need for Forscan. Also if answers to my previous post ?'s are yes as Gizmokid stated, then I still say my truck does not have it. ? Unless some one can come up with a better explanation of how & when fake engine noise operates I still say no.
I'm with you. I've tried revving the motor setting still, running hard down the road, and all sorts. Still I don't hear it. Maybe I don't have the best hearing but my truck is pretty quiet. I've been thinking about an aftermarket exhaust just so I can hear some noise.

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
I find it really amazing that prior to us having a way to disable it, a lot of people were complaining about it being there, and swearing it was really there. Now that we have a switch to disable it, all these people swear they don't have it. I don't see that Ford would randomly disable it. I guess if you don't think you have it and are happy, fine. If you think you have it and want to hit rid if it, disable it and be happy too. If you are curious, try it both ways and see. Then set it the way you like and be happy. We should all be happy! ?

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
I have a lariat with the sound upgrade. Engine sounds normal at normal Temps. But if it's cold, the fake engine noise enhancement makes my truck sound like a V12, it's incredibly stupid. I plan on having them remove it in Ford IDS. Would do it myself, but the Ford software is $99 plus requires a subscription. The car dealer said its mandatory, and makes the engine sound nice. I highly disagree.
Forscan is free and how to do it is listed on here. Not to mention a myriad of other things you can tweak yourself. It’s really worth learning how to do it as you can pretty much tweak any Ford using it.

Gizmokid2005

Threads
Reaction score
Website
gizmokid2005.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
SQL Developer
Vehicle Showcase
I find it really amazing that prior to us having a way to disable it, a lot of people were complaining about it being there, and swearing it was really there. Now that we have a switch to disable it, all these people swear they don't have it. I don't see that Ford would randomly disable it. I guess if you don't think you have it and are happy, fine. If you think you have it and want to hit rid if it, disable it and be happy too. If you are curious, try it both ways and see. Then set it the way you like and be happy. We should all be happy! ?
That's been my take. I knew it was a thing, it existed on my Mustang too. Would I have really noticed if I'd never heard about it? Almost certainly not, but that's because that's exactly how it was designed, so from a driver/passenger's perspective, it was completely seamless and you don't think about it.

Having it disabled in the Ranger has made my truck significantly quieter, even people who didn't know about it made a comment about the sound difference before and after without being prompted.

MikeyTX

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Lariat Supercrew; '21 MX-5 Miata
Occupation
Retired Military/Law enforcement
I was skeptical to, until I turned it off and was amazed how much quieter my SCAB was around town. Still have some wind/road noise on the hyway but night and day in town. Also turned on ANC (the next item down on the list). Mine was off.
ANC is not on by default ? Sucks .................

MikeyTX

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Lariat Supercrew; '21 MX-5 Miata
Occupation
Retired Military/Law enforcement
Where are these vents you speak of ?
Sponsored