Fake engine noise

Friday yet?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Tremor, Focus ST
Occupation
Corporate drone. Dilbert's world is alive & well.
Been meaning to mention this one.

I've had my Tremor for about 6 weeks or so now. Just through a weird stroke of luck / timing I put 2000 miles on it in the month of March between two different trips. (Normally I am a pretty average to low mileage guy.) While I generally drive it like a old man, on more than one occasion I've dipped my toes into the fun position of the throttle. Usually when merging onto a highway, but on a couple of occasions it was to embarrass a Taco. :giggle:

Two things:
(1) The Tremor will scoot on down the road!
(2) My (BLUE!) truck has zero fake engine noise.

I am NOT complaining! I loath fake engine noise. As much as I love the sound of a screaming V8 I do not want that faked and piped into my 4 banger. But I think of this forum often when I plant my foot. No dreams of a Ferrari on a back road in Italy for my truck. Not at all. Kick my truck in the ass and you get really quick acceleration accompanied by the sound of a wide open Singer sewing machine that's sitting beside a hive of pissed off bees.

Beautiful music the 2.3L ain't. But it does the job nicely!

Do we add "fake engine noise" to the list of missing items on the 23's? :LOL:
Sponsored

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
Been meaning to mention this one.

I've had my Tremor for about 6 weeks or so now. Just through a weird stroke of luck / timing I put 2000 miles on it in the month of March between two different trips. (Normally I am a pretty average to low mileage guy.) While I generally drive it like a old man, on more than one occasion I've dipped my toes into the fun position of the throttle. Usually when merging onto a highway, but on a couple of occasions it was to embarrass a Taco. :giggle:

Two things:
(1) The Tremor will scoot on down the road!
(2) My (BLUE!) truck has zero fake engine noise.

I am NOT complaining! I loath fake engine noise. As much as I love the sound of a screaming V8 I do not want that faked and piped into my 4 banger. But I think of this forum often when I plant my foot. No dreams of a Ferrari on a back road in Italy for my truck. Not at all. Kick my truck in the ass and you get really quick acceleration accompanied by the sound of a wide open Singer sewing machine that's sitting beside a hive of pissed off bees.

Beautiful music the 2.3L ain't. But it does the job nicely!

Do we add "fake engine noise" to the list of missing items on the 23's? :LOL:
Was your radio on and was the volume sufficient? I found when above 10 on volume is where I could clearly hear it. Under that amount and it was barely there. Forscan killed it forever! Love my tunes ?

Dr_Strangelove

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 XLT Supercrew 4x4
Occupation
Art & Design
I've seen the comment a few times on here that people did not think they had it until they turned it off with Forscan. Have read the truck is much quieter without it. I haven't done it yet but plan to meddle with it post warranty.

NotBudule

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT
I was going to turn mine off in Forscan , even though i hadn't ever really herd it , but once in there it was already disabled , which is why i never really herd it , most likely...

Radioman

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x2, 2017 Toyota Limited Highlander w/Platinum Pkg., 2012 Jeep JK Rubicon
Occupation
Retired RF Telecommications Manager

got3fords

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Sport
To be clear, the fake engine noise is only audible inside the cab. It does nothing for the actual noise under the hood or exhaust. Mine was disabled as delivered.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
I've seen the comment a few times on here that people did not think they had it until they turned it off with Forscan. Have read the truck is much quieter without it. I haven't done it yet but plan to meddle with it post warranty.
I couldn't hear until it went away.

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Soupie! Race Red '22 XL 101A Scab 4X2 w/steelies
Occupation
game publisher
I couldn't hear until it went away.
Darn it, I've held off on doing Forscan but ... Doug, I think you've finally pushed me into it!

Off to Amazon to get a cable (I stuck on in my cart and saved it for later before the truck even arrived - I guess I'm scared of messing something up or voiding the warranty or some general baloney).

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
Darn it, I've held off on doing Forscan but ... Doug, I think you've finally pushed me into it!

Off to Amazon to get a cable (I stuck on in my cart and saved it for later before the truck even arrived - I guess I'm scared of messing something up or voiding the warranty or some general baloney).
Don't let me talk you into anything.

But the cabin is much quieter with it off.

Kim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Retired
Don't let me talk you into anything.

But the cabin is much quieter with it off.
Using Forscan, I turned off the fake engine noise and also enabled the cabin sound cancellation microphones and software. It's much more pleasant to drive now.

OP
OP
Friday yet?

Friday yet?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Tremor, Focus ST
Occupation
Corporate drone. Dilbert's world is alive & well.
My choice for engine sounds via Android app, eat dirt suckers!

OMG!!!! I am totally rethinking the fake engine noise!!!!!
Sponsored