First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Lariat Supercrew; '21 MX-5 Miata
Occupation
Retired Military/Law enforcement
Ahhhhh Soooo .......... :clap: Yes, they would allow for the air in the cabin to exit using vacuum to prevent the windows from blowing out at hypersonic speeds. That which I shall obtain once I've installed the Ford Performance tune on order with Benny. :rockon:

MikeyTX

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Lariat Supercrew; '21 MX-5 Miata
Occupation
Retired Military/Law enforcement
Does ANC cancel out noise from the rear vents ?
Uh ................. If you can hear the air pass thru the rear bulkhead cabin vents, who is in the driver's seat ? And, have you stripped all the sound deadening material along with the second row seats from the cabin ? ;):D

Barend Steyn

First Name
Barend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Wildtrak 2.0 BiT 4x4 D/C
Occupation
Mining Engineer
Hi,
I managed to switch off the fake engine noise in the '20 Ford Ranger Wildtrak 4x4 2.0 BiT D/C RH drive using Forscan and OBDLinkEX (recommended by Forscan). RH drive units seem not to have the switch avaialable, HEX code to be adjusted. See images attached.
Hope it helps!

after.png

Before.png

DACMC.png

Jms81661

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT Ranger Sport
Occupation
Truck Driver
To disable this you need to get the correct type of OBD2/USB link cable, a licensed (free or paid) copy of Forscan and use it to disable the "Software Engine Sound Enhancement" in the ACM module.

All the information you need can be found here.

https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/forscan-crowdsourced-wiki.2008/

Just be sure to read up about using Forscan before getting started. It is an extremely powerful tool and you can brick the system if not careful. Best advise is to keep a list of all changes you make so so you can keep track of them and I cannot stress this enough ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS back up the modules before you make any changes. This way if something goes wrong you can revert back.
Ok I didn't do what you recommended about backing up stuff. Cuz I doubt I know how to. But is there a simple way to go back to all stock settings?
Gotta bring my truck in for them to install the latest Sync update cuz it killed my FordPass. I've tried everything suggested but it won't work anymore.
Do you think I should reset it to stock before I bring it in, think they'll see it if they're just updating sync?
I just did,? um..door chimes, Bambi mode, auto start/stop, and my speedo for the bigger tires.
Possibly more but I can't remember, that why I thought I'd go back to stock and write everything down before I change things again.

Gizmokid2005

Threads
Reaction score
Website
gizmokid2005.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4 SCrew
Occupation
SQL Developer
Vehicle Showcase
Ok I didn't do what you recommended about backing up stuff. Cuz I doubt I know how to. But is there a simple way to go back to all stock settings?
Gotta bring my truck in for them to install the latest Sync update cuz it killed my FordPass. I've tried everything suggested but it won't work anymore.
Do you think I should reset it to stock before I bring it in, think they'll see it if they're just updating sync?
I just did,? um..door chimes, Bambi mode, auto start/stop, and my speedo for the bigger tires.
Possibly more but I can't remember, that why I thought I'd go back to stock and write everything down before I change things again.
You don't need to reset your settings if they're doing upgrades. You will be fine, these aren't changes that will likely retain after their upgrade, I would be unsurprised if they reset to stock as part of the process (my dealer had done that with mine).

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
i had a few of the s550 mustangs and they had the sound tube thing. eh.. still kinda dumb but at least it was not fake. didnt bother me long. got rid of the resonators put in h pipe and better mufflers and never thought about sound tubes again. i think any time we hear the 2.3 ecoboost and it dont sound like an angry bumble bee, or a 90's civic with the coffee can exhaust, mismatched fiberglass wings and scoops duct tapped on- ?we are hearing the fake noise. im glad the new rangers are pretty quiet. i dont want anyone hearing my turbo charged sewing machine lol. if i ever get forscan figured out safely the fake noise will be on the list.
Sponsored