OP
Friday yet?

Friday yet?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Tremor, Focus ST
Occupation
Corporate drone. Dilbert's world is alive & well.
My choice for engine sounds via Android app, eat dirt suckers!

Actually, if that app has a Cummins N14 running through an 18 speed I just might be in trouble. :idea:

Got to check that out.
Cannot let the warden know though. She'd think I finally lost it completely :giggle:
Sponsored

rydfree

First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger FX4 Super crew Lariet - Mercedes GLK
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
If you haven't changed the factory exhaust system but yet you've ever thought to yourself , wow my Ranger sounds great ! , you are hearing the fake engine sounds ,lol .

scarchild35

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Sales Engineer
Fake engine noise?? I never knew about such a thing. Call me dumb but how does that even work? I'm reading here about it coming through the speakers? I can't tell with mine, really. I like how quiet it is driving normally but when I get on it it just sounds like a wound up 4 cylinder, not bad but not great either. It sounds better than my old 3 point slow Ranger, that's for sure. I can hear the turbo whine ever so slightly. Is that fake too? Good lord I'm behind on this stuff. This engine does tend to put a smile on my face though. I personally LOVE it.

LB'sTremor

First Name
Loren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Iconic Lariat Tremor
Occupation
IT
I was going to turn mine off in Forscan , even though i hadn't ever really herd it , but once in there it was already disabled , which is why i never really herd it , most likely...
Same with my '22 both ACN and ESE are disabeled from factory
Software Anti-noise Control (ACN)
Software Engine Sound Enhancement (ESE)

Jason B

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XL STX SE 4x2
Occupation
machinist
You would think that those options for ACN and ESE would be easily available in SYNC3 sound screen.

seanellaz

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT CrewCab Fx4
Occupation
Healthcare
Vehicle Showcase
Been meaning to mention this one.

I've had my Tremor for about 6 weeks or so now. Just through a weird stroke of luck / timing I put 2000 miles on it in the month of March between two different trips. (Normally I am a pretty average to low mileage guy.) While I generally drive it like a old man, on more than one occasion I've dipped my toes into the fun position of the throttle. Usually when merging onto a highway, but on a couple of occasions it was to embarrass a Taco. :giggle:

Two things:
(1) The Tremor will scoot on down the road!
(2) My (BLUE!) truck has zero fake engine noise.

I am NOT complaining! I loath fake engine noise. As much as I love the sound of a screaming V8 I do not want that faked and piped into my 4 banger. But I think of this forum often when I plant my foot. No dreams of a Ferrari on a back road in Italy for my truck. Not at all. Kick my truck in the ass and you get really quick acceleration accompanied by the sound of a wide open Singer sewing machine that's sitting beside a hive of pissed off bees.

Beautiful music the 2.3L ain't. But it does the job nicely!

Do we add "fake engine noise" to the list of missing items on the 23's? :LOL:
I have an intake kit as well as the Flowmaster FlowX Cat back exhaust, wrapped in fiberglass, painted w/ silver hi temp brushon paint, muffler deleted. I killed all the stupid fake engine / exhaust noise with Forscan. I LOVE the way my truck purrs at cruise, and rips when I squash the pedal. Turbo hiss is very nice. As a plus, the wrap keeps the system plenty quiet even w/o a muffler, and helps keep the cab cool also. I can drive hard for an hour on the interstate, pull over and put my hand anywhere on the exhaust and it feels warm. Most of the heat is goin out the end of the pipe. It does gulp gas when stomped owing to the ease with which it can suck in air and blow out the exhaust.

Jason B

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XL STX SE 4x2
Occupation
machinist
I have an intake kit as well as the Flowmaster FlowX Cat back exhaust, wrapped in fiberglass, painted w/ silver hi temp brushon paint, muffler deleted. I killed all the stupid fake engine / exhaust noise with Forscan. I LOVE the way my truck purrs at cruise, and rips when I squash the pedal. Turbo hiss is very nice. As a plus, the wrap keeps the system plenty quiet even w/o a muffler, and helps keep the cab cool also. I can drive hard for an hour on the interstate, pull over and put my hand anywhere on the exhaust and it feels warm. Most of the heat is goin out the end of the pipe. It does gulp gas when stomped owing to the ease with which it can suck in air and blow out the exhaust.
I like to hear that IRL. It's nigh impossible to get a good audio recording of the actual sound.

seanellaz

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT CrewCab Fx4
Occupation
Healthcare
Vehicle Showcase
I like to hear that IRL. It's nigh impossible to get a good audio recording of the actual sound.
I would like to hear it also. Been thinking of having my son drive it and I would stand next to it @ takeoff and as it zips past.

airline tech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat-Super Crew, Cactus Gray
Occupation
Aircraft Tech
I myself have not heard it, but as others have stated, If you disable it with Forscan then I might notice the sound missing. I plan on doing this just for mere curiosity.

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase

awd.nv

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger XLT Tremor
Occupation
Computers
My choice for engine sounds via Android app, eat dirt suckers!

LOL I thought only Tesla's had that fun. Kinda sounds like my '66 Mustang, it would be cool if you could create a custom profile off an existing car so I can hear my Mustang as I drive my Ranger lol.

Generally, I hate the fake engine sounds. I swear more recently they have not been as audible as when I purchased the vehicle so maybe I got used to it or Ford did an update to make it more quiet? I dunno.
Sponsored