Peter949

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
Want to disable on my Lariat. Anyone in O.C. California want let me barrow the OBD?
Sponsored

navsnipe

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Ranger FX4 Lariat (totaled), 23 Audi Q5
Occupation
Automating Buildings and confusing humans
I disabled the fake engine noise and the double honk today. It feels like I got a new truck. No more noise messing with my hearing aids. I can't believe how much different the cab sounds now. I actually turned off the speed compensated volume on the sound system because it doesn't need it that much now. I may put it on low compensation for windy highway drives. I really think Ford should have put this option in the MMI to allow owners to enable/disable as they want.

EJH

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subarus, 2021 Ranger
Occupation
Engineer
Anyone with a Lariat with the B+O sound system performed this?

I have read mixed reports in other threads about the B+O actually having the fake engine noise or not. It does sound to me like we don't (or it is very subtle), IIRC comparing to a XLT I test drove in October, where the fake engine noise was more obvious.

Last edited:

TimmyB

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor, 2020 Fleetwood Bounder 35P
Occupation
Retired
I watched Motor Week on tv this week and they had a segment on the new Mustang EV. They have the same piped in "engine" sounds, but they also had three modes that you could choose: normal, enhanced, and off. Obviously it's part of the inner workings of the software on the Ranger, since people are using Forscan to access and disable it; it wouldn't really take that much for Ford to update their user interface to make that simply an option for users.

Last edited:

Al_S

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat

I have read mixed reports in other threads about the B+O actually having the fake engine noise or not. It does sound to me like we don't (or it is very subtle), IIRC comparing to a XLT I test drove in October, where the fake engine noise was more obvious.
May all be in my head but I feel my Lariat is overall quieter since I turned off the fake engine noise. More what I was expecting at that trim level.

EJH

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subarus, 2021 Ranger
Occupation
Engineer
May all be in my head but I feel my Lariat is overall quieter since I turned off the fake engine noise. More what I was expecting at that trim level.
Do you have the B+O sound system?

Dr.Me

First Name
Daven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
I don't have a laptop so to do this myself I'd need a basic laptop, software an interface which adds up for a one time use.
They have a mobile app or something, maybe try that, I seen it but never tried it myself.

egilbe

First Name
Earl
Threads
Reaction score
Somewhere between ME and AZ, depends on the season
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat with BAP, Tow and FX4
Occupation
Semi-retired, lazy bum/tramp, formerly Sys admin in a toxic work environment

I have a Lariat with B&O and I disabled it. I don't notice its missing, but i noticed it was there when it was enabled.

TechnicallyReal

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger Lariat 4x4
Occupation
Software Engineer / IT Admin

I posted the video above of the process - that's in a Lariat with B&O. It was very subtle to me. I ended up turning it back on because there wasn't enough of a difference with it off imo.

Reactions: EJH

txquailguy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Lariat - 2020 Hyundai Kona Ultimate
Occupation
Biologist
Vehicle Showcase
Yes - B&O sound. I think it is standard in Lariat.
Not standard in the Lariat
I opted out due to the nature of "aftermarket" names on OE systems.....have had bad experiences with that. I've had my 2019 Ranger for right at 1 year and I am planning my aftermarket system right now.....time to upgrade for sure!

Fawnbuster

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Retired 34 years as LEO
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone in central Indiana?

Fawnbuster

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Retired 34 years as LEO
Vehicle Showcase
I ended up replacing the factory amp to get rid of the noise. I noticed it from the first test drive. Didn't bother me until I installed subs.

None of the Forscan patches worked for me.
What Amp did you go with? Plug and play fitment?

BassRanger

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Supercab STX, 2010 Mustang
Occupation
Goodyear
What Amp did you go with? Plug and play fitment?
Alpine KTP-445U. No plug and play. You have to tap the power and grounds for the amp and splice in input/outputs between the factory amp and speakers. Honestly I wouldn't have done it if there was a working forscan patch at the time. I just couldn't deal with that noise coming through the subs.
Sponsored