Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
Forget the As-Built, shouldn't really be in that anymore. The non As-Built ACM is where you should work and your only two choices are Enables or Disabled...much better than a hex/dec code decision.
Sponsored

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
At first I thought when I saw this thread that for whatever reason I didn’t seem to have this. Well yesterday entering the highway a semi was in the right lane as I was entering. Needed to light up the ponies to keep him from touching his breaks. Now I get what you’re all talking about. Sounds pretty nasty really! ? As a side note to this I looked into rear view to see how much breakaway I had and that’s when he flashed me. He had marker lights mounted in his grill as a smily face. Hit me 3 times and left them on. Still laughing about that one!

mlarma

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT 4x2
Occupation
Computers/Networks
So this is gonna sound funny, but is there a way to have a very slight amount of fake noise rather than the overwhelming drone of how the factory setting is?

Racket

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat Supercrew 2WD
Occupation
Transient
I tried it last night too and noticed I only had the (AS BUILT format) instead of both versions then I read that I may have clicked Load Profile when I was starting the connection.

If you downloaded the new Forscan version, you need to click "No" on load profile. Then forscan will go through and scan all your modules again. Now you should see the ACM Module that you can run and see the graphical stuff. Your original profile does not have that ACM module there in the GUI format. I bet you're running into the same thing I did.
I did, and did not load the profile and used the GUI. For the life of me I can't find ACM anywhere. Guess I'll be editing the hex - when I feel like it.

I reloaded my performance tune for a trip I'm taking for the time being

Last edited:

ISUACE

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Vehicle Showcase
So I updated to the latest Forscan and the ACM non-as built module showed up after selecting "no" as loading the previous profile. Everything reloaded and I was able to select disable for the ESE setting. BUT... I swear I can still hear the fake "90s V6 Blazer noise" on startup and after the first launch from park. After that its non existent.

Is this what everyone else has noticed? I double checked and went back in Forscan and it was still disabled.

mlarma

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT 4x2
Occupation
Computers/Networks
So I updated to the latest Forscan and the ACM non-as built module showed up after selecting "no" as loading the previous profile. Everything reloaded and I was able to select disable for the ESE setting. BUT... I swear I can still hear the fake "90s V6 Blazer noise" on startup and after the first launch from park. After that its non existent.

Is this what everyone else has noticed? I double checked and went back in Forscan and it was still disabled.
I may be wrong here, but I believe that you’re hearing the cooling fan and the clutch is locked at first or something. It’s by design and someone more knowledgeable than me on the details will hopefully chime in. I have also disabled the fake engine noise and don’t hear it at all - just the fan.

TechnicallyReal

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger Lariat 4x4
Occupation
Software Engineer / IT Admin
I may be wrong here, but I believe that you’re hearing the cooling fan and the clutch is locked at first or something. It’s by design and someone more knowledgeable than me on the details will hopefully chime in. I have also disabled the fake engine noise and don’t hear it at all - just the fan.
My very first vehicle was a 1998 GMC Jimmy and when I first drove the Ranger it was like I warped right back in time. The fan thing is real.

EJH

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subarus, 2021 Ranger
Occupation
Engineer
This is amazing. I put disabling the fake engine drone up there second to replacing the rear shocks, as far as improving the Ranger. Wow. Some observations afterward:

* Engine drone while in sport mode is gone. Sport mode likes to idle around 2,000-2,500 RPMs when cruising. Previously there was an annoying motorboating drone all the time. Gone now.
* To hear the engine noise in the cabin now, it needs be 1,000-1,500 rpms more it seems like. Example, the drone I heard before at 2,500 RPMs, now seems like the engine needs to rev at almost 4,000 to be a loud in the cabin.
* The cruising drone of the fake noise was most noticeable to me when driving 30-50 mph. That speed seems to be slow enough where wind and tire noise do not bleed into the cabin much, making the fake engine drove so obvious.
* No more loud engine crescendos when you accelerate normally. Acceleration sounds like a civilized vehicle.
* B+O system sounds cleaner

Whomever cracked this setting in Forscan, I owe you a six pack at least.

Jqueen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Supercrew XLT 2wd
So I got Forscan, went to turn off the enhanced engine sound, and it is already disabled on a brand new 2021 supercrew xlt sport 2wd.

I never noticed it, just thought I'd turn it off while I was in there, and lo and behold I didn't notice it because it wasn't turned on!

I was able to add the speed limit signs and the off road screen.

EJH

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subarus, 2021 Ranger
Occupation
Engineer
So I got Forscan, went to turn off the enhanced engine sound, and it is already disabled on a brand new 2021 supercrew xlt sport 2wd.

I never noticed it, just thought I'd turn it off while I was in there, and lo and behold I didn't notice it because it wasn't turned on!

I was able to add the speed limit signs and the off road screen.
I wonder if Ford changed things, or you have an oddball outlier? Well need more 2021 folks to chime in. FWIW, my 2021 was built in late Dec 2020.

VengeanceWithin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Old thread but I wanna weigh in. I just disabled the Enhanced Sounding Engine (ESE) in the ACM module and noticed an immediate improvement. I have a 2020 Lariat with the B&O system. Particularly noticeable for me was the sound at low speeds there was a whining noise when accelerating. That’s gone now, the cabin is quiet and the stereo sounds better as well.

BuffleAus

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY20.75 Wildtrak
Occupation
Consultant
I’m hoping someone can help.

I’ve downloaded the most recent version of Forscan and only see the ACM config option for as-built. I’ve tried not loading a profile, deleting my old profile, and even resetting the ACM to factory config. I still can’t see the non as-built option for ACM, whereas I do see it for other modules. Has anyone encountered this? I’m hoping I’m doing something wrong, but for the life of me can’t think what.

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
I just did this about a week ago an I didn't have to use the as built. I think the as built still has the number codes not the enabled disabled options.

BuffleAus

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY20.75 Wildtrak
Occupation
Consultant
So I *think* I’ve found the answer to disabling ESE on my Wildtrak. My vehicle uses the DACMC module for ESE, not the ACM. This has only two addresses and by changing 7D5-01-02 from x1xx to x0xx it seems to have disabled ESE.

ESE was barely audible when I was using the internal amplifier as the source into my MiniDSP 2x8, but annoyingly audible when using line out from the HU. As I don’t drive this vehicle much I’d left it on amplified output until I had more time to look into it, but will now have more time to use it for surfing and downhill mountain biking. Of course, it’s an improvement using variable line out with ESE disabled.

I had been communicating with the FORscan team about this, and they’re both responsive and helpful (I have a paid licence and would encourage everyone to do so to support the ongoing development and support of the product). They also picked up that the ESE on my model is in the DACMC and are adding it as selectable within this module.
Sponsored