First Name
Arron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger SuperCab Lariat FX4 Sport Magnetic
Occupation
Software developer
I am going to need a little help confirming this one as I don't really notice the fake engine noise, but I think I finally found the option to disable it.

ACM 727-01-01 xxxx x?xx xxxx

Front Tweeters (FT) & Chime Strategy (CS) & ANC (fake engine sound) & USB
0=FT absent & CS : North American & ANC absent & USB absent
1=FT absent & CS : North American & ANC absent & USB present
2=FT absent & CS : North American & ANC present & USB absent
3=FT absent & CS : North American & ANC present & USB present
4=FT absent & CS : CIMCA & ANC absent & USB absent
5=FT absent & CS : CIMCA & ANC absent & USB present
6=FT absent & CS : CIMCA & ANC present & USB absent
7=FT absent & CS : CIMCA & ANC present & USB present
8=FT present & CS: North American & ANC absent & USB absent
9=FT present & CS: North American & ANC absent & USB present
A=FT present & CS: North American & ANC present & USB absent
B=FT present & CS: North American & ANC present & USB present
C=FT present & CS: CIMCA & ANC absent & USB absent
D=FT present & CS: CIMCA & ANC absent & USB present
E=FT present & CS: CIMCA & ANC present & USB absent
F=FT present & CS: CIMCA & ANC present & USB present
Note this is all a guess but its at least a start for someone who cares to try it out.
Sponsored

djrobb

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Tacoma 4dr Sport Long Bed
Vehicle Showcase
I am going to need a little help confirming this one as I don't really notice the fake engine noise, but I think I finally found the option to disable it.

Note this is all a guess but its at least a start for someone who cares to try it out.
I was going to give this a go but the ACM module is not found on my truck. I have the ELMconfig OHP connector. See pics. It finds both HS and MS modules but not ACM.

4FB2C419-5355-44EF-B846-80C0118B43CF.jpeg
F4B27B37-5FCA-4268-9394-D4C781A1A4EB.jpeg
7F7F67C5-7030-4017-BFAA-52DB98D3390E.jpeg

Geoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger 1943 Willys Jeep
Occupation
Retired Engineer
No ACM on my Lariat either.
FORScan Lite and the OBDLink MX+ show the same modules/busses as you posted (if I decide to start modifying vehicle behavior I'll get the ELMconfig OHP but this little MX+ BT reader has been rock solid so far). I wonder if fake noise may be in the APIM unit?

OP
OP
Arron

Arron

First Name
Arron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Software developer
Oh weird. I didn't check to see if I have the ACM module yet but I do have the as built data containing the 727-01-01. I will have to see where that lives. It may have been moved into a different module.

OP
OP
Arron

Arron

First Name
Arron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Software developer
Yeah I keep digging through the 7 spreadsheets I have of forScan data for all the different models. This engine noise thing I don't really care about so I figured I'd let some other adventuresome person try it out.

Johnpenn

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4, 2004 Corvette, 2005 Ranger Edge
Occupation
Retired Quality and EHS Manager
Yeah I keep digging through the 7 spreadsheets I have of forScan data for all the different models. This engine noise thing I don't really care about so I figured I'd let some other adventuresome person try it out.
This discussion has me curious about whether the functions and their Forscan data are consistent between different vehicles and models. Have you looked for that in your various spreadsheets?

djrobb

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Tacoma 4dr Sport Long Bed
Vehicle Showcase
This discussion has me curious about whether the functions and their Forscan data are consistent between different vehicles and models. Have you looked for that in your various spreadsheets?
So far a lot of codes for the Ranger have mapped over directly from other cars.

OP
OP
Arron

Arron

First Name
Arron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Software developer
Ford is notorious for repurposing multiple different parts to save money and cut costs in manufacturing. I have been heavily testing off the F-150 list and have found many options that work right off that list. However, there are a few on the Mustang list that work too.

Mainly the issue is there is no complete list so you have to compile and cross reference from multiple sources. Also as a software developer it helps to understand how the module programming works, or at least how I would write it. So I’ve been logically reverse engineering some of it to figure things out too.

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
Ford is notorious for repurposing multiple different parts to save money and cut costs in manufacturing. I have been heavily testing off the F-150 list and have found many options that work right off that list. However, there are a few on the Mustang list that work too.

Mainly the issue is there is no complete list so you have to compile and cross reference from multiple sources. Also as a software developer it helps to understand how the module programming works, or at least how I would write it. So I’ve been logically reverse engineering some of it to figure things out too.
We're trying to consolidate everything into the forscan wiki thread. Please, if you find something works, make sure it's on that thread for future forscan fumblers.

FX4Offroad

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat FX4
I seem to remember reading a thread many months ago...something about a dealer installed fuse in the fuse box that activated the fake engine noise.

Not sure if I dreamt it.

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
There's been no confirmation we even have the fake engine noise.
I've never heard anything remotely resembling "fake engine" sounds...anyone else?

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
I've never heard anything remotely resembling "fake engine" sounds...anyone else?
I thought I heard/read somewhere that Ford admitted there was some "enhancement" of the engine noise. It seems pretty subtle if it is there. Doesn't bother me.

For the comment on pulling a fuse to disable it, I believe that was a comment on the Focus ST - someone figured out if you pulled fuse "x" (not sure which one), it would disable the engine "enhancement". I think I also remember reading that if you do that, you lose the active noise cancellation that the car has (and the Ranger has as well, I believe). I think the active noise cancellation is a good thing, so I've never even looked into how to disable any engine "enhancement".

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
Interesting. If the fake noise is there, it's not very convincing as I hear the tire more than the engine...and that's pretty faint.
I thought I heard/read somewhere that Ford admitted there was some "enhancement" of the engine noise. It seems pretty subtle if it is there. Doesn't bother me.

For the comment on pulling a fuse to disable it, I believe that was a comment on the Focus ST - someone figured out if you pulled fuse "x" (not sure which one), it would disable the engine "enhancement". I think I also remember reading that if you do that, you lose the active noise cancellation that the car has (and the Ranger has as well, I believe). I think the active noise cancellation is a good thing, so I've never even looked into how to disable any engine "enhancement".
Sponsored