OP
Aliby

Aliby

First Name
Alistair
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew Lariat FX4, Tow package, Magnet with Black Sports package
I thought I had solved it by uninstalling the FP app.

Seemed to greet nothing when my phone was unpaired, (maybe I did not wait long enough.)
But with yesterday's snow the messages are back again.

Disabled all alerts I could find in navigation. Still got the messages.

Now I will check for Sirius XM alerts and disable it in settings. I don't use Sirius and have no context but I'll check anyway.
...I'll give it a couple days and then check for Google maps alerts

Incredibly frustrating.
Sponsored

andybj

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lariat, Rapid Red
I'm dealing with the same issue. It's by far the most annoying thing about this truck. I live in the mountains where we get a lot of snow, I got the truck in November and I get about 10 of these messages daily.

UncleBob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 2WD in Magnetic
Occupation
Retired
Update #2:
Today I had a traffic alert and only had the Public Safety Alerts enabled on my iPhone.
I will turn OFF that switch and see what happens.
Update 2.5: Been almost a week and haven't seen another alert. BUT, I don't necessarily drive the truck every day (or on the freeways), so it is really too soon to say I have reliable results. I will continue to test and report back.

OP
OP
Aliby

Aliby

First Name
Alistair
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew Lariat FX4, Tow package, Magnet with Black Sports package
I am flummoxed!
I had disconnected my phone from the car, turning off the Bluetooth as a test. Tonight on the way home, it started to snow ... Pop! Up comes that "Urgent Message" on the screen.
I guess it is not a message through the phone settings or using phone data. I thought I had disabled all alerts in the Sync3 settings ... Must be another one hiding away somewhere

VegasP11

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat FX4
That looks like the warnings I get from Sirius alerts. I got a bunch today for the high winds and snow today in Kansas. Have you disabled all of those?

OP
OP
Aliby

Aliby

First Name
Alistair
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That looks like the warnings I get from Sirius alerts. I got a bunch today for the high winds and snow today in Kansas. Have you disabled all of those?
I don't use Sirius, but do have that capability in the truck. Where do I find those Sirius settings as I could not find it under the normal settings location.

VegasP11

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat FX4
I don't use Sirius, but do have that capability in the truck. Where do I find those Sirius settings as I could not find it under the normal settings location.
I will check to see where it is when I go to lunch later. I need to disable it as well. I got 11 more warnings on the way to work this morning for snow expected tonight and tomorrow.

OP
OP
Aliby

Aliby

First Name
Alistair
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Although I don't have SiriusXM subscriptions, i discovered that the travel link features seem to be available. Many of the SiriusXM options (icons) only become available if you turn the radio on to SiriusXM.

However, the Sirius Alerts options were all turned off until settings - but these may be related to radio channels topics etc. Searching online for other options directed me to the App and then to Travel or Weather ... But then to select the options and uncheck alerts, but we don't have that on the Ford. At the moment I turned alerts ON to see if it thought it was on before and then I'll turn it off again.

A real shot-in-the-dark treasure hunt approach. But no other direction at the moment. I am still considering a full system rest.

andybj

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lariat, Rapid Red
Just checking in... Did anybody figure this out? It is by far my biggest complaint with my ranger.
Sponsored