Did I cheap on out the XLT?

VoodooRanger

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
2019 XLT here. Only thing that i would have liked from the Lariat would’ve been the headlights and remote start. I prefer manual seats and I have power folding mirrors. I wanted the truck for off-roading/overlanding so I didn’t care for the leather.
Sponsored

CB750F

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ / SCAB Ranger XLT/FX4 & various motos
Occupation
Human
I have 302 pkg , wife wanted heated seats.
We both drive it so I hate the electric seats, so slow, that 10 secs drives me nuts :crackup:
Hate leather seats.
Would have liked push start.
Wife would have preferred a Screw but I wanted the 6' bed.
Were good with what we have.
Love the truck.

micl9

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Fx4 302A
Vehicle Showcase
I went XLT, mainly bc they had a courtesy vehicle at 10k off. Mine does have the power and heated seats etc (pkg 302A). I do hate that on a 2019 mid to upper range model it does not have push to start, made more annoying as it is the only vehicle in the house w/o it (and the NEWEST!).
That being said I would not have gotten the Lariat for just that reason and cost would have kept me in an XLT. Leather seat were not that nice, gauge cluster is wierd, and I like the XLT grill better!
Of course all that being said - I have added Lariat headlights, mirrors (heated!) and the homelink visor. I tallied this cost up somewhere on this forum, it was well under $2k, I think $1000-1550. Much less than the delta between my XLT and a similar Lariat.
You will be happy with the XLT while you wait for your Bronco wildtrak , which I was looking at yesterday at the dealer. WOW now thats pretty loaded (and awesome)! So you have a light at the end of the tunnel if you end up not liking your XLT.

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
XLT 301A and it fits my needs and likes. As others have said, for me the instrument cluster is what I wanted. Wish it had led headlights but aftermarket ones will do fine. LED tail lights w/bliss was a win for me too. For the cost difference to what you get I’m happy with my choices.

JKocot

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SCrew FX4, 2018 Explorer Sport
Occupation
Senior Systems Engineer/Former Marine
Tim,

Each trim has it's merits. I own a Lariat and love it. I don't understand all the hate for the Lariat cluster, but to each is to own. I will say that I am happy with the leather seats, I don't find them uncomfortable at all and they are much easier to clean then cloth. But the cloth seats in the XLT loaner I had were extremely comfortable. I love my push button start, and very happy with the B&O stereo. I am sure you will be very happy with your XLT Tremor, regardless of the options you do not get with it. I never honestly understood the "competition" between XLT and Lariat owners. No one has to justify or defend why they bought the trim level they bought.

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Tim,

Each trim has it's merits. I own a Lariat and love it. I don't understand all the hate for the Lariat cluster, but to each is to own. I will say that I am happy with the leather seats, I don't find them uncomfortable at all and they are much easier to clean then cloth. But the cloth seats in the XLT loaner I had were extremely comfortable. I love my push button start, and very happy with the B&O stereo. I am sure you will be very happy with your XLT Tremor, regardless of the options you do not get with it. I never honestly understood the "competition" between XLT and Lariat owners. No one has to justify or defend why they bought the trim level they bought.
Not really a competition, just different strokes for different folks.

This is nothing.

You should hear the Wrangler guys when someone has anything less than a Rubicon.

A friend of mine bought a Rubicon and I asked her how she liked the swaybar disconnects and lockers and such.

Blank stare followed by "What's that?"

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
Sounds kind of like a personal thing whether the extra additions are something that will be worth to YOU down the line. We might like push to start, but imagine yourself in the shoes of having one, is it going to kill you or regret when you have a key vs a button? Are the heated mirrors really going to be needed? Is being called a rope rather than a three cool letter acronym worth it? What features do you really see yourself wanting to have/use for years down the line? Maybe take some time to sit down and really imagine yourself and those features.

in my opinion, it sounds like you will be just fine without a push to start and non power seats. Also don’t forget that vehicle prices are inflated so probably more in line with a 34k vehicle. But I agree, push to start is pretty easy for dealers to do but then they wouldn’t have something else to sell/up charge you for then :LOL:

Jmarler

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ranger
Occupation
Certified Hacker. Retired Veteran
I bought the xlt 4x4 that doesn't have the push start or electronic seats and I'm fine with it. I wish it had it because my wife's mustang has everything. But its not that big of deal. I only moved the seat once and that's when I bought it. If you're planning on trading in the near future then I would leave it as is. You did the right thing on getting the tremor package though. I watched this video comparing the tremor and the regular xlt from a ford dealer ship and he recommends the xlt tremor over the lariat.

BOB RAD

First Name
BEBO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FORD RANGER
I have a lariat only because of the push button start. Other wise an XLT would be everything I want. Can’t believe that in 2021 Ford only puts the push button on the highest trim level. I had a toyota 15 years ago that had push button on all levels.
Sponsored