First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Engineer
Currently in our 21 GT R&D vehicle, I had a 2021 bronco wildtrak reserved day one that got pushed back until 2022. I ordered a Ranger XLT Tremor in velocity blue to hold me over until the bronco is built in probably feb/march (I trade vehicles often).

I'm having second thoughts on XLT vs. Lariat, but the dealer told me it's too late to change it since I have a vin/build date of 8/11.

In my base raptor the key ignition bothered me, so the next raptor I got was 801a with push start. The big thing for me is the non power seats and no push start on the XLT, I feel like for 42k you should get power seats and push start.

is the XLT going to bother me?

For the XLT guys do you have any regrets?
Sponsored

Radioman

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x2, 2017 Toyota Limited Highlander w/Platinum Pkg., 2012 Jeep JK Rubicon
Occupation
Retired RF Telecommications Manager
Currently in our 21 GT R&D vehicle, I had a 2021 bronco wildtrak reserved day one that got pushed back until 2022. I ordered a Ranger XLT Tremor in velocity blue to hold me over until the bronco is built in probably feb/march (I trade vehicles often).

I'm having second thoughts on XLT vs. Lariat, but the dealer told me it's too late to change it since I have a vin/build date of 8/11.

In my base raptor the key ignition bothered me, so the next raptor I got was 801a with push start. The big thing for me is the non power seats and no push start on the XLT, I feel like for 42k you should get power seats and push start.

is the XLT going to bother me?

For the XLT guys do you have any regrets?
I believe that even if you order a new vehicle from the factory, you can back out anytime before delivery. If it is an unusual combination, the dealer may hold your deposit until the vehicle is sold. YMMV.

OP
OP
monstertuned

monstertuned

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Engineer
I believe that even if you order a new vehicle from the factory, you can back out anytime before delivery. If it is an unusual combination, the dealer may hold your deposit until the vehicle is sold. YMMV.
no intentions on backing out, just wanting to know if anyone had regrets getting the XLT vs. Lariat.

GitRDone

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT
Occupation
Real estate management
Really happy with my XLT. The Lariat has some extra toys, but I prefer the XLT instrumentation and don't miss the push button start. As far as power seats, I find that once the driver's seat is in the sweet spot I tend to leave it there. On a truck I actually prefer the manual adjustment which lets me quickly move the seat or seatback to access cargo etc.

OxyGenIII

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus ST maybe Ranger in a couple days.
You can get a lower trim xlt or a loaded xlt. Power seats here, adaptive cruise, folding mirrors, nav/touch screen, etc. I love cloth seats over leather, have had leather in the past. And I dislike the gauge cluster on the Lariat, so XLT fully loaded it was for me in 2019. Push button start would kinda be nice, but not a necessity. My last car had it but don't really miss it.

AZRangerDood

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Software Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I donā€™t know how the packages work with a Tremor so you may want to double check whatā€™s on the order. Itā€™s very possible you could have most the options you want without it being a Lariat.

I personally donā€™t have any regrets with my XLT FX4, but I also have the 302a package, so I have power adjustable and heated seats, remote start, etc. I might feel differently otherwise. The Lariat headlights are really the only thing I wish I had.

Even if you end up missing some features, I think having a Tremor will offset some of it, especially with the upgraded interior and suspension.

Megawatt

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Unicycle.
Occupation
I make electricity
I got the lariat specifically so I donā€™t have to mess with a key. Also when off-roading a key and all the other stuff you might have on the keychain is a bother dangling down, not a problem with push button start.

Folding mirrors with a push of a button is nice too.

NeptuneRanger

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Insurance Agency Owner AZ, CA, CO and WA.
I have an XLT and it suits me just fine. Personal preference on the push button start, my wife has it and I always need to double check if the engine is running as I exit the car, it is so quiet. Pulling a handle to move a seat is no chore, it is a truck. More fluff, more to go wrong, keep it simple and relax. Just my opinion.

Joeiconic

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
I believe the folding mirrors are standard, at least they are on the XLT.
I have a well equipped XLT (but not the 302 package) and Iā€™m very happy with it. I love the cloth seats. Theyā€™re manual, but it was easy to find the sweet spot and I have not needed to move them since I bought it. If youā€˜re the only driver its not an issue. The truck fits fine in my garage so I dont need the folding mirrors. I do kind of miss the keyless start, but Iā€™m used to it now and it doesnā€™t bother me. Overall, I would buy an XLT again.

Markubis

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger XLT, Volkswagon Tiguan, Can Am Ryker
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
I went with the XLT because I specifically didn't want leather.
What I do regret about getting the XLT is the loss of pushbutton start. I have it in all my other vehicles and have gotten spoiled by it.
Besides that...nothing.

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
I purposely got the XLT as I disliked the Lariat gauge cluster.

I have other vehicles with push button start and I can take it or leave it.

As mentioned, the only thing I wish I had from the Lariat is the headlights, and from what I've read the aftermarket versions are better than the stock LEDs.

So, if I could go back and get a Lariat instead of my loaded XLT would I? Nope.

JohnnyO

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX 4x4
Occupation
Asst. Greenskeeper, Bushwood Country Club
I went from a Sport Trac with power seats to an STX (has the XLT seats) with manual seats and I don't miss the power seats. I'm pretty much the only one who drives it, it's rare that my wife or daughter use my trucks.
I purposely got an STX because I didn't want the lane-keeping BS that comes with the XLT. I rented a car last year with that and I hated it. Added bonus, this truck didn't have step bars which is fine, all they do is get my pants dirty in the winter.

Last edited: