Why Is The Mileage So Bad On The Tremor?

halligan1201

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Emergency Management
Vehicle Showcase
Personal best on normal driving for me - mostly county roads @60mph or so.

Screenshot_20220518-111759.png
Sponsored

KNI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Raptor 2021
I didn't buy the Ranger for mpg. Or i would get a smart car. Drop it in sport mode and have fun!!!
Same. The previous one was for mpg and boy did it deliver, average was around 70mpg. Too bad they don't make Chevy Volt in pick-up form (or in any form now). I think the last of the breed is Chrysler Pacifica which uses the same drive unit.

Phil_R

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator / 2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Occupation
Retired for now!
I would not of believed this in a Tremor with just 550 miles, but I set a new record today for gas mileage. Before I filled up and headed back into my town, I had used about 1/3 of a tank of gas and I was driving like most people in a hurry, plus into a strong head wind. I showed 23 MPG indicated on the dash. I filled up at the same station, same pump, and hand calculated it. I actually got 23.3 MPG, so I now believe the lie-o-meter! Now after filling up there and driving my usual conservative way, taking off slow, and running at 55 MPH with a very strong tail wind, I got excellent gas mileage. I took a picture of the dash when I was close to home and slowing down for a stop. OK....Flame suit on! Tell me this is not possible...LOL!
IMG_2482.jpg

deleriumtremor

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Retired
I reported on another thread that with my first fill-up on my new FX4 Ranger, Sport package (265/65-17 Hankook AT's), my computer report 24.6 MPG (66% highway and 33% in town). When I filled up my calculated MPG was 21.4.

I did the calibration thing on the computer outlined in a link posted by Dave (AZScorpion) and my intuition is I screwed something up as my MPG on the computer now is about 18.1 MPG. The mix is skewed a little more to in town this tank, but maybe only 50/50. I am using the Fuelly app (thanks again Dave), so will get a good calculated MPG on the next fill. I plan to make any adjustments again on the computer and figure it won't take me too long to get the actual and computed mileage very close to each other going forward.

I am thinking it will be pretty tough to get much better than 20 +/- in town (I drive pretty conservatively) and am hoping for something closer to 23-24 when running down the highway.

I will get a chance to see how the Fox 2.0 kit and level affects things as I will be upgrading to that kit (and K02's) down the road (probably before next winter).

In the end, for me it is all academic as I love the truck and won't be parting ways with it for a good long time.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I reported on another thread that with my first fill-up on my new FX4 Ranger, Sport package (265/65-17 Hankook AT's), my computer report 24.6 MPG (66% highway and 33% in town). When I filled up my calculated MPG was 21.4.

I did the calibration thing on the computer outlined in a link posted by Dave (AZScorpion) and my intuition is I screwed something up as my MPG on the computer now is about 18.1 MPG. The mix is skewed a little more to in town this tank, but maybe only 50/50. I am using the Fuelly app (thanks again Dave), so will get a good calculated MPG on the next fill. I plan to make any adjustments again on the computer and figure it won't take me too long to get the actual and computed mileage very close to each other going forward.

I am thinking it will be pretty tough to get much better than 20 +/- in town (I drive pretty conservatively) and am hoping for something closer to 23-24 when running down the highway.

I will get a chance to see how the Fox 2.0 kit and level affects things as I will be upgrading to that kit (and K02's) down the road (probably before next winter).

In the end, for me it is all academic as I love the truck and won't be parting ways with it for a good long time.
Just remember when you make the adjustments it does take several tank fulls to even out and get consistent readings. Having that much of a jump it's possible you inputted the wrong number but it's easily corrected. Just go back and check to see which number is there and most (myself included) used 944 as a starting point. IIRC mine took 5-6 tanks to finally get consistent readings. Mine is now within .1 of my fully app which is good enough for this OCD nut. :crazy:?
Sponsored