First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger XLT Tremor
Occupation
Computers
Did not like at all the gauge cluster of the lariat. Not one bit. No way. Went with the xlt for that reason. But i have all the features that make me happy.

Xlt 4x2 2020
Man, just about every Ranger youtube review I saw was a Lariat and I never liked that Instrument Cluster. That is one thing I prefer for sure on my XLT for sure.

ND13

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4 Supercrew
Occupation
Sales
I sell Fords and I still donā€™t understand why you canā€™t get the XLT 302A package with the Tremor. The Lariat Tremor has power seats. Makes little sense. After having a Lariat 501A and now an XLT 302A, there are a few things I miss. The passive entry/push button start, and the B&O sound system.

Walkman

First Name
Walker
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT, wifeā€™s car 2017 Edge Titanium
Occupation
Retired
Currently in our 21 GT R&D vehicle, I had a 2021 bronco wildtrak reserved day one that got pushed back until 2022. I ordered a Ranger XLT Tremor in velocity blue to hold me over until the bronco is built in probably feb/march (I trade vehicles often).

I'm having second thoughts on XLT vs. Lariat, but the dealer told me it's too late to change it since I have a vin/build date of 8/11.

In my base raptor the key ignition bothered me, so the next raptor I got was 801a with push start. The big thing for me is the non power seats and no push start on the XLT, I feel like for 42k you should get power seats and push start.

is the XLT going to bother me?

For the XLT guys do you have any regrets?
I got my 2021 XLT in Feb with the 302a package which included power seats, heated seats, power folding mirrors, remote start, and some more goodies. Also got sliding rear window, tow package, 18ā€ wheels just to name a few extras. I would prefer push button start, but key works just fine. Sticker was $38,240. I paid $34,400. For $42,000 you should have a lariat. Hereā€™s my sticker.
EE88011E-D350-4F3D-B6BC-4063F08CC3E3.jpeg

Robert Elmore

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger 2019 Lincoln MKZ
Vehicle Showcase
You can get a lower trim xlt or a loaded xlt. Power seats here, adaptive cruise, folding mirrors, nav/touch screen, etc. I love cloth seats over leather, have had leather in the past. And I dislike the gauge cluster on the Lariat, so XLT fully loaded it was for me in 2019. Push button start would kinda be nice, but not a necessity. My last car had it but don't really miss it.
I must have the loaded XLT also...I have all the goodies you described, power seats, folding mirrors, adaptive cruise, etc. I once thought I wanted the leather seats, but the cloth ones in my XLT are high quality.

HotPepperRG.jpg

YaBoiNewton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT supercrew Sport FX4, 2008 Bullitt w Saleen Supercharger
Occupation
Automotive Engineer
Vehicle Showcase

This really comes down to what you want out of the truck. I went with the XLT because it had cloth seats(wife is not a fan of leather), but still had android auto and other relevant features that make it a very nice truck. Power seats, pushstart, and remote start with the key fob would be nice, but I also like that my truck seats are simple and I can remote start with the ford pass app if I want.

You need to ask yourself if you can live without pushstart and power seats. For me, it's not a big deal.

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
I've got a 2019 XLT FX4 with 302A pkg and a few other things. Wife has a loaded Mazda 3 Hatch. Specifically did not want leather and didn't like Lariat gauges. Got power/heated seats, folding mirror, front back sensors, BLIS, Auto headlights, auto dimming rear view mirror. Love my truck as it is, Yes adaptive cruie, pushbutton start, and heated mirrors would be nice, but can live without. Only thing I do miss is automatic wipers and memory seats. Now with Alpharex lights that big problem is fixable.

The XLT vs Lariat will only bother you if YOU let it. Take the money you saved and by cool mods. :crackup:

tremorman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
I got my 2021 XLT in Feb with the 302a package which included power seats, heated seats, power folding mirrors, remote start, and some more goodies. Also got sliding rear window, tow package, 18ā€ wheels just to name a few extras. I would prefer push button start, but key works just fine. Sticker was $38,240. I paid $34,400. For $42,000 you should have a lariat. Hereā€™s my sticker.
EE88011E-D350-4F3D-B6BC-4063F08CC3E3.jpeg
A lot has changed since February and Tremor package adds quite a bit of cost. Just the unfortunate reality of the market these days.

Walkman

First Name
Walker
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT, wifeā€™s car 2017 Edge Titanium
Occupation
Retired
I believe the folding mirrors are standard, at least they are on the XLT.
Power fold mirrors only come on the XLT 302a package.

Woodn88s

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger xlt
Occupation
Retired
Currently in our 21 GT R&D vehicle, I had a 2021 bronco wildtrak reserved day one that got pushed back until 2022. I ordered a Ranger XLT Tremor in velocity blue to hold me over until the bronco is built in probably feb/march (I trade vehicles often).

I'm having second thoughts on XLT vs. Lariat, but the dealer told me it's too late to change it since I have a vin/build date of 8/11.

In my base raptor the key ignition bothered me, so the next raptor I got was 801a with push start. The big thing for me is the non power seats and no push start on the XLT, I feel like for 42k you should get power seats and push start.

I have a 2020 xlt. I

I have a 2020 xlt
I love this truck but I do wish I had gotten a lariat. I bought this truck pretty cheap last december.
The things I miss is the leather interior, push button start and mostly Navigation. I use android auto and waze but it's just not the same.
All in all I'm keeping what I have.

tmntbrandon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT Sport
Occupation
Warehouse Team Lead
I love my XLT Sport. Push button start would've been nice, but really once you turn it on, it's on. I don't care for power seats either. Like others mentioned, once you get it where you want it, you rarely move it. I do wish it had a CD player, and a better arm rest would be nice. Besides that, I absolutely love it. I get excited every time I drive it.

Sketch

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4
Occupation
Public Affairs
Vehicle Showcase

I got my 2019 Ranger XLT 4x4 for $35k out the door and have zero regrets. The only thing the Lariat has that I wanted is the rear locker. That isnā€™t a big deal for me since my long term plan is to add front and rear ARB air lockers. All in all I love my XLT!

SpaceGhost

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
I have a 2020 XLT FX4. I'm 6'5" and found that the manual seats have a greater range of adjustability than the power ones.

Mpro2

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford ranger xlt
I have a well equipped XLT (but not the 302 package) and Iā€™m very happy with it. I love the cloth seats. Theyā€™re manual, but it was easy to find the sweet spot and I have not needed to move them since I bought it. If youā€˜re the only driver its not an issue. The truck fits fine in my garage so I dont need the folding mirrors. I do kind of miss the keyless start, but Iā€™m used to it now and it doesnā€™t bother me. Overall, I would buy an XLT again.
You have an XLT FX4 without folding mirrors? I thought that was standard on the XLT?

Ranger3

First Name
Dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Xlt Sport 4x4
Occupation
Store Mgr

Dude the XLT is the mid range model almost identical to the lariat without the Led lights and heated seats and no navigation. Big whoopee do. Oh and it uses a key. No big loss
Sponsored