What did I do wrong?

LaBalbe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat
Love mine. Just remember the battery last 7 years or so then the whole thing will need replaced.
I had that on my old Escape, and it lasted for 11 years no problem. It was a great feature; when I went to the beach or white-water rafting/kayaking, I could leave my wallet, phone & keys hidden in the vehicle, and not worry about them getting lost in the water or damaged in any way.
Sponsored

SID

Banned
Banned
First Name
SID
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 RANGER
Occupation
BOOKEEPER
Am I the only one screaming at the screen to get one of these:

1682433102404.png

This is one of my absolute favorite options on the truck.
my f150 came standard with that. too bad they don't come with the ranger too

Peragrin

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Purchasing
I know several other auto makers have a feature that prevents the doors from locking, including the trunk if the key fob is in the vehicle or trunk. I have this safety feature on a 2014 Honda...FYI
there is usually a spot you can place the keys so that you can lock the keys in the vehicle.

my 2007 nissan sentra had your feature, and one time I had my father drive and leave the vehicle someplace for me. while I had a different ride back. ended up leaving the keys on one of the wheels. (now thats secure)

with intelli keys there is also a place you can place the key where it is picked up by the truck and starts it without a battery in the fob.

JACKSMYDOG

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat FX4 Black
Occupation
Retired
Although the Ranger is unlock-able while the fob is in the truck, using the app or keypad over-rides that feature and allows it to be locked in.

I had that on my old Escape, and it lasted for 11 years no problem. It was a great feature; when I went to the beach or white-water rafting/kayaking, I could leave my wallet, phone & keys hidden in the vehicle, and not worry about them getting lost in the water or damaged in any way.
The Ranger isn't the same as many Fords which are hard wired to the vehicle in the factory. The Ranger is wireless and battery operated. They have a limited lifespan and recommended for full replacement when the battery dies. I think I read the battery can be replaced, but not a warranty approved process and requires cutting through the waterproof seal.