COVID-19 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nellieg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford ranger crew cab
Guess its usage and handling... Out i rely on a handerchief..single use out hand wash sterilize first. In house its a sterile environment. . laundry on hot with bleach is safe... To each their own... Know you think through things and have likely considered... Agree that most things are something you can do without or wait for ressuply as is convenient.. It might just change how you have done things in the present... Be flexible and think safety first. Be safe.
Sponsored

Reactions: Doc

Nellieg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford ranger crew cab
No handkerchief, no kleenex....solved with snot rocket. :facepalm::crackup:
Wash hands before touching face be safe... I wouldnt be shaking your hand anyway these days and social distancing at 6ft will keep me out of your blow zone.. See thats being flexible.... The sleeve works too...

acsnowrider

First Name
JOHN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 RANGER XLT
Occupation
RETIRED FORD ELECTRONIC/DRIVEABILITY TECH
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Rob,

Here is GV....we are all seniors. Went to WalMart at 7am, Senior time. line was out the parking lot and into the street. We gave up. Just flat terrible. Will be so happy when the snowbirds return home and give us back our community... Thank god for our bidet potty seats! I have resorted to mostly on line ordering. Even then. Much we would like like Kleenex is out of stock at many sites, but some have them for three times the price. I won't be gouged by these opportunists.

Anyway, we will be okay! Thanks for the response! Hope you and family are doing well!

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired
The "Senior" hours are a bit confusing--Went to Sams Club--(Senior hours are Tues & Thurs--7:00AM to 9:00AM), on Tues--At 7:45AM, the line I saw was out the front entrance, around the building, and extended to the end of the building--and of course, there was 6 ft between all line occupants!!! :curse:(go figure) I didn't even bother to park!!!!!
However, come to find out--these people, in the line, were waiting for the 9:00Am opening!!!
As a senior/ect, one needs to just act like you own the place, and march right in!!!
So, I returned on Thursday--bypassed all the "dirty looks" in the line, and managed to score a package of Toilet paper, and some Peanut Butter!!!! Happy day!!!!!:like:

DrSafety

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Electric Blue
Vehicle Showcase
I did see a hint of some good news this morning - the rate of infection appears to have slowed slightly (from the CDC website):

1585701450552.png

It could still take an uptick, but I'm guessing all the stay at home orders are having an effect at this point. The next few days will determine if this is a trend or a blip, but for now it is positive news I think.
The CDCs data is bit delayed as the shaded area indicates. Unfortunately this is a more up to date trend:

1BFE0399-397E-4DB5-8B45-850666DD77C3.png

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
The CDCs data is bit delayed as the shaded area indicates. Unfortunately this is a more up to date trend:

1BFE0399-397E-4DB5-8B45-850666DD77C3.png
I'm no statistician, but they appear to be measuring different things. The CDC graph is new daily cases based on the date of the onset of illness. That graph (attribute unknown) is saying daily new cases. Those are two different numbers. It still shows the cases slowing slightly from the peak:

1585873016208.png

As Mark Twain said - "There are lies, damn lies and statistics". So..... I'm looking for some good news.

DrSafety

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Electric Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Rob, The chart I posted is from Worldometer.com that uses each state’s health department daily reporting as a source. Sorry I didn’t attribute.

And yes they are showing two different things. The CDCs chart is on the date of onset. The virus incubation period has been shown to be between 2-14 days before showing symptoms. The shaded area in the CDCs chart will always be less as new cases will be added to those numbers and the date of onset may be different from the date of test and hospitalization. In other words the bars farther back will continue to grow before the front bars. Considering there were just shy of 30,000 new cases reported in the US today and nearly a quarter million cases total those bars will continue to grow.

I am not trying to be a downer we are all looking for good news as we hope that through continued social distancing we will see a downward trend soon.

outdoorphotog

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lincoln Navigator L
Occupation
Limo Driver
I keep hearing stories of people with symptoms who cannot get tested. I think there are many un-diagnosed cases.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
. . .And I think you're right.
I've heard that many times for the US since we were so short on tests. They expected a spike in cases, not due to a true spike, but on improved reporting of actual cases.

egilbe

First Name
Earl
Threads
Reaction score
Somewhere between ME and AZ, depends on the season
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat with BAP, Tow and FX4
Occupation
Semi-retired, lazy bum/tramp, formerly Sys admin in a toxic work environment
The good thing is that as people get infected and recover, that's less potential vectors to spread the virus. We will probably have another spike of cases in the fall during the typical flu season. I think this year, I'll get my flu shot. I usually avoid them because they make me sick for a few days and I've only gotten the flu a few times in my life.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Here's a good video showing how to make your own disinfectant spray. If you're lucky enough to have some bleach you only need a few teaspoons of bleach and some water. I found a qt at Walmart last week but haven't seen any anywhere since.

acsnowrider

First Name
JOHN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 RANGER XLT
Occupation
RETIRED FORD ELECTRONIC/DRIVEABILITY TECH
Vehicle Showcase
Exactly how we made up cleaner, to throw down in the bottom of the boats, after a busy day of Commercial Fishing!!! Kept the "money smell" down to a min!!!!

caprtaineddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Corvette, 2020 Ranger Lariat
I just found out that a guy that I flew with a few times (years ago) had died from COVID-19. Very sad to hear.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.