RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
A couple of them do have some minor issues like asthma. One of the guys is probably the most fit person I know.
It doesn't seem to be very discriminating at who it infects.

Hope your friends all recover. Prayers for the family of the one who didn't.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
my mom is 76, with lung cancer.
Im very worried for her well being during this.
My mom is 92 and in a memory care unit. I'm worried about her too, but they are doing the best they can to isolate all the people there. I can only imagine how hard this is for my mom - she can't remember anything but is stuck in her room all day long now. I've not been able to visit for almost a month now.

Hope your mom weathers this OK.

BButah

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew FX4 (Saber)
Meanwhile, this is how they practice "social distancing" in Oakland....

OP
OP
Sashimi_Moto

Sashimi_Moto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 E450 C-Class, 2019 Ranger Lariat 501A FX4
Tire smoke kills the virus - it was on a meme on facebook so it must be true.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Meanwhile, this is how they practice "social distancing" in Oakland....

Now these idiots will go home and possibly give it to their families! I guess you just can't fix stupid. :headbang:

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I did see a hint of some good news this morning - the rate of infection appears to have slowed slightly (from the CDC website):

1585701450552.png

It could still take an uptick, but I'm guessing all the stay at home orders are having an effect at this point. The next few days will determine if this is a trend or a blip, but for now it is positive news I think.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I am just glad people arent doing this anymore.
Hi Folks,

Took the wife to her 2nd visit to the Pulmonologist. She as been on oxygen 24/7, but some very expensive drugs at $3000 a month, not paid by Medicare she has no need for Oxygen anymore. So I asked the doc about Covid 19... He shook his head...he said that by the time the hospital calls him for his help, It is too late...the patients are going to die. No ventilator is going to save them. He told me to spread the word...Stay Socially Isolated...wash your hands, practice the 6 ft distance rule. He said...do not become infected. Down the road from us, our friend is having a Cul-D-Sac party! Stupid people, of which one of our friends said this is Social Isolation....Yikes! Folks, this is serious shit. Maybe you youngen's may survive, but at my wife and my age...we are likely not going to make it if we get it....

Even I have made light of this with some posts, but the Doctor was a sobering experience. Good news is that my wife is in excellent pulmonary condition for her age... I will be happy when the oxygen concentrator leaves our house...noisy device...

Please heed the advice of our government and take this seriously... Look at Louisiana. No real problem, then look at Mardi Gras....they are now in terrible shape.

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

outdoorphotog

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lincoln Navigator L
Occupation
Limo Driver
Hi Folks,

Took the wife to her 2nd visit to the Pulmonologist. She as been on oxygen 24/7, but some very expensive drugs at $3000 a month, not paid by Medicare she has no need for Oxygen anymore. So I asked the doc about Covid 19... He shook his head...he said that by the time the hospital calls him for his help, It is too late...the patients are going to die. No ventilator is going to save them. He told me to spread the word...Stay Socially Isolated...wash your hands, practice the 6 ft distance rule. He said...do not become infected. Down the road from us, our friend is having a Cul-D-Sac party! Stupid people, of which one of our friends said this is Social Isolation....Yikes! Folks, this is serious shit. Maybe you youngen's may survive, but at my wife and my age...we are likely not going to make it if we get it....

Even I have made light of this with some posts, but the Doctor was a sobering experience. Good news is that my wife is in excellent pulmonary condition for her age... I will be happy when the oxygen concentrator leaves our house...noisy device...

Please heed the advice of our government and take this seriously... Look at Louisiana. No real problem, then look at Mardi Gras....they are now in terrible shape.

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Phil,

Hoping you and your wife stay safe from all of this.

JeffM

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
I saw the Orange guy now says if we keep deaths down to 100,000-200,000 he has done a great job.

I know it's tough for working folks, but if you don't keep your health there really is nothing else. Stay safe. My wife has severe rheumatoid arthritis, the drugs she takes completely destroy her immune system. Her doctor put her on house arrest the middle of February, they called Friday and reminded her while now saying at least 4 more weeks. She went on a car ride in her new car today, happy as a puppy almost hanging her head out the window just to get out.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.