John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX2.
Occupation
Fire Captain (Retired)
Vehicle Showcase
I just found out that a guy that I flew with a few times (years ago) had died from COVID-19. Very sad to hear.
I’m very Sorry to hear that.
Sponsored

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I just found out that a guy that I flew with a few times (years ago) had died from COVID-19. Very sad to hear.
Hi Eddie,

Sad to hear. As we get older, this becomes more common due to old age, but to be taken by this damn virus is very sad. Hope your grief will at least allow you to reflect on better times with your copilot.

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

kieefer

First Name
keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2WD SuperCab - 97 BMW M3
Occupation
Retired

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP Mustang, 2021 Ranger STX,2022 Subaru WRX
Occupation
Retired

SaberRanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
My Fiancé and I just got over having Covid and we were fully vaccinated and boosted, we actually got it about a week after our booster shot.

We both work in Retail so we are constantly exposed.

My Grandfather and his wife passed away a few months ago from Covid so it was quite stressful having it.

I also have Sarcoidosis, it’s a rare autoimmune disease that effects my lymph nodes and lungs so it was scary to have Covid.

luckily my Fiancé and I didn’t get it that bad, we just had congestion and a bad headache. She got it a worse than me and had a 102 fever.

We both recovered after about a week and we are still having just a few mild after effects.

JJG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Crew Cab
"The CDC has finally admitted the truth about natural immunity – it is more protective than COVID vaccines.

The new data has led to calls for an update to “vaccination policies and school or work-entry requirements across federal and state or county governments.”"

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/71/wr/mm7104e1.htm#contribAff

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/laninf/article/PIIS1473-3099(21)00676-9/fulltext
I guess if you want to take the risk that natural immunity could bring by not being vaccinated, go ahead and roll the dice. Covid does have a 99% survival rate, however you may survive with permanent lung, vascular or organ damage. But hey, you will have survived, maybe strapped to an O2 tank indefinitely, but survived none the less!
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.