First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Sport Supercab
Occupation
Navy Vet., Retired Police Sgt.
Hey Dave. I am sorry to write that a few dollars per week means a sticker per week. :curse:Let me be outraged over the increase in gas prices. Otherwise, I won't able to be close to this magnificent stickered truck. :crackup:
FOR-FORD-RANGER-F150-NAVARA-DMAX-Hilux-Tundra-sticker-truck-exterior-decoration-modification-s...jpg
WOW !!! So if I just fill up with regular instead of high test for 2-3 weeks, I can save enough for all them there stickies ?
I'm really gonna have to think about that....
OK, thought about it and as much as I like them stickies, I like high test more better .
Sponsored

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Sport Supercab
Occupation
Navy Vet., Retired Police Sgt.
As you might suspect, there are dozens of Roadside Assistance services that will come to rescue your depleted EV.
This is who they send out for roadside assistance for an EV.....

welcome-bunnyus_725x700.png

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
As you might suspect, there are dozens of Roadside Assistance services that will come to rescue your depleted EV.
With a portable generator...

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
I grew up with turbo cars and built a track car in my youth. The Ranger is pulling the same boost as my old SR20DET. Running regular? No thanks, I want to keep my Ranger for 10+ years.
obi-wan-star-wars.gif

Ah, I remember by hatchback quite fondly. Though I didn't have a turbo transplant.

1993-Nissan-240SX-front-three-quarters1.jpg

I'd still say the S-15 is a car I would love to own in my lifetime;

5.108.jpg0FA3C13F-3E2D-4B37-BD03-3FB631A0A4C6Large.jpg

Sadly I can't even consider importing a Spec R until 2024 thanks to our draconian 25 year import rule.

Cabose-1

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XLT FX2
Occupation
Student
If you are worried about mpg in a truck, maybe a pickup isn't for you. Tesla, prius?? Like buying a dodge viper or suped up vet and asking abiut mpg. !!??!! When i bought a pickup. Very first question was.....

Payload

Second question was......

Towing

But never mpg. I know that subject has been murdered to death on this forum. But a prius is a good choice for mpg

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
Where I live I can get 90 octane ethanol free where I live for the same price as Premium (which is 91 octane).
I know in my other cars and bikes I seem to get about 10% better MPG using non ethanol.
Do you think this 90 ethanol will yield even better MPG than 91 with 10% ethanol?
If someone had the ford tune, is it better to run 90 ethanol free vrs 91 with ethanol?
I can get 92 octane non ethanol, but its probably more expensive, and its out of the way.
(well, if its right next to jersey mikes subs, so I have no problems going out of my way for this one :) )
I also see Sunoco has 93 octane 10% at the pumps

Avgas is distinguished from conventional gasoline (petrol) used in motor vehicles, which is termed mogas (motor gasoline) in an aviation context. Unlike motor gasoline, which has been formulated since the 1970s to allow the use of platinum-content catalytic converters for pollution reduction, the most commonly used grades of avgas still contain tetraethyllead (TEL), a toxic substance used to prevent engine knocking (premature detonation).

Long ago we used to run this in our road beasts. It’s a serious boost that is very noticeable. With our electronics today you got yourself a rocket. It’s a 100 octane but with lead added. That would kill our catalytic for sure.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Hey Dave. I am sorry to write that a few dollars per week means a sticker per week. :curse:Let me be outraged over the increase in gas prices. Otherwise, I won't able to be close to this magnificent stickered truck. :crackup:
FOR-FORD-RANGER-F150-NAVARA-DMAX-Hilux-Tundra-sticker-truck-exterior-decoration-modification-s...jpg
Ok Brandon, in this case you're the exception to the rule. ? ?

OP
OP

slowmachine

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler, waiting for a Ranger PHEV
With a portable generator...
Mostly, and mounted on ICE trucks to carry the weight. Ive read that some charge from large battery packs, but the technology has a long way to go before the energy density of batteries is good enough to do this without liquid fuel. Eventually…

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase

MountainGoat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4
obi-wan-star-wars.gif

Ah, I remember by hatchback quite fondly. Though I didn't have a turbo transplant.

1993-Nissan-240SX-front-three-quarters1.jpg

I'd still say the S-15 is a car I would love to own in my lifetime;

5.108.jpg0FA3C13F-3E2D-4B37-BD03-3FB631A0A4C6Large.jpg

Sadly I can't even consider importing a Spec R until 2024 thanks to our draconian 25 year import rule.
Yeah I miss it. With power it really came alive. A lot of guys just put the S15 front end on S14s and 13s. It wasn't the same obviously, but enough mods made them really good.

What's funny is when I sold my KA (stock motor) and got an SR the guy I sold it to turboed it and beat my SR in the quarter mile! But the SR lasted till I sold it, the Turbo KA blew up eventually.

BassRanger

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Supercab STX, 2010 Mustang
Occupation
Goodyear
If you are worried about mpg in a truck, maybe a pickup isn't for you. Tesla, prius?? Like buying a dodge viper or suped up vet and asking abiut mpg. !!??!! .....
It's not at all unreasonable for people who bought a 4 cylinder mid-size truck to expect to get decent fuel economy, especially considering they are advertised as such. It's not like we are talking about a 7.3L gasser F250.
Sponsored