I'm a Premium Convert

RAYJAY

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ranger pickup 2019 subaru
I'm going to try the Unleashed Torquerules tune. I just bout the tuner from Doc @Doc and will most likely send my stock tune to Torrie when I pick it up. I should put around 1,400 miles on the way home so I'll load it once home.

I wasn't unhappy with the Livernois tune but everyone who's installed the Unleashed one is really happy too so why not. Plus @CO2Ranger went from a LMS tune to the Torquerules tune and said he liked it much better. Thanks for costing me more money @CO2Ranger! :curse:?

your going to love the unleashed tune Torrie is a rock-star with the trans in these trucks....

coming from the SHO seen to many problems with livernos ..there tune for the sho's were referred to as sho boom....
Sponsored

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
your going to love the unleashed tune Torrie is a rock-star with the trans in these trucks....

coming from the SHO seen to many problems with livernos ..there tune for the sho's were referred to as sho boom....
Thanks for the feedback Jeff that's all I keep hearing about Torrie. I've been very happy with my Livernois tune and I know many others here have too but I'm really looking forward to trying the Unleashed tune. I don't think anyone here has had there's go ? but maybe the SHO was tuned a little more aggressively? I know Mark @txquailguy was driving his very aggressive for a long time and he's over 100K for miles now and still going strong.

Either way I'm bringing the tuner with me to WA and will upload the stock tune to Torrie. Then drive it stock back home (about 1350 miles) just to break it in some then I'll load it up with the new tune. ?

RAYJAY

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ranger pickup 2019 subaru
Thanks for the feedback Jeff that's all I keep hearing about Torrie. I've been very happy with my Livernois tune and I know many others here have too but I'm really looking forward to trying the Unleashed tune. I don't think anyone here has had there's go ? but maybe the SHO was tuned a little more aggressively? I know Mark @txquailguy was driving his very aggressive for a long time and he's over 100K for miles now and still going strong.

Either way I'm bringing the tuner with me to WA and will upload the stock tune to Torrie. Then drive it stock back home (about 1350 miles) just to break it in some then I'll load it up with the new tune. ?
a lot of livernos stuff with the SHO is there customer service and quality of there machine work , i can give you some links over on SHO forum if you want the info of what happened ... and good luck with the new truck

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
a lot of livernos stuff with the SHO is there customer service and quality of there machine work , i can give you some links over on SHO forum if you want the info of what happened ... and good luck with the new truck
Thanks! I'm good without the links. It'll just start a snowball effect of paranoia. lol

CP0861

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat Supercrew
I'm also a recent convert. I went back and forth and experimented with both 87 and 93. At first, I used 87 for a few months and then went to 93. When I switched to 93, I didn't notice much difference. However, when I went back to 87....YUCK. Night and day difference after using 93 for a few months.

So now I'm sticking to 93. I also think the price difference is less now than what it was several months ago. I can get 93 for 0.50 cents more per gallon....it was up to 0.90 cents more months ago. So about $9 more per tank (now), and considering the slightly better mpg, it's probably costing me $5ish more per tank, which I'm okay with.

12Bravo20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
retired
I didn't really notice much of a difference going from 87 octane with the first few fill ups when the truck was new and then switching to 91/93 octane. But I definitely noticed a difference switching from 91/93 back to 87. Again there was a lack of power and a drop in fuel mileage. I ran 2-3 tank fulls of 87 before going back to 91/93 octane.

Last edited:

JACKSMYDOG

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat FX4 Black
Occupation
Retired
Although I still haven't done it, I haven't forgotten about this thread. When it came up I had just zeroed my mpg computer after changing from winter tires. With winters the computer was saying about 14L/100km (16.8mpg), after swapping to summer and resetting it went up to 15L/100km (15.7mpg) and I've been through a few tanks of gas since.

Yesterday I finally adjusted my tire size with forescan, and I reset my mpg computer again. I'm going to run a few tanks through for a new baseline, then switch to higher grade gas. Also I found a semi-local Shell that has 93 available.

got3fords

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Sport
Although I still haven't done it, I haven't forgotten about this thread. When it came up I had just zeroed my mpg computer after changing from winter tires. With winters the computer was saying about 14L/100km (16.8mpg), after swapping to summer and resetting it went up to 15L/100km (15.7mpg) and I've been through a few tanks of gas since.

Yesterday I finally adjusted my tire size with forescan, and I reset my mpg computer again. I'm going to run a few tanks through for a new baseline, then switch to higher grade gas. Also I found a semi-local Shell that has 93 available.
Wait, it went "up" from 16.8 to 15.7?

Montana Ranger

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Was in Yellowstone last week. At higher altitude locales, you can fine 85 octane available. During our stay in the part, we got 32 mpg. That included several mountain passes between 8,000 and 10,000 feet. But the key was likely that speeds were between 35 and 45 mph.

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Soupie! Race Red '22 XL 101A Scab 4X2 w/steelies
Occupation
game publisher
Was in Yellowstone last week. At higher altitude locales, you can fine 85 octane available. During our stay in the part, we got 32 mpg. That included several mountain passes between 8,000 and 10,000 feet. But the key was likely that speeds were between 35 and 45 mph.
32 MPG!?!

No way Soupie would get that! Not even rolling downhill with the engine off (too light from decontenting!).

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone notice the gap between 87 and 93 is closing? My local fuel giant, Sheetz has 87 at $3.43 and 93 at $3.65...hmmm...guess I'll fill up with 93...

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
Anyone notice the gap between 87 and 93 is closing? My local fuel giant, Sheetz has 87 at $3.43 and 93 at $3.65...hmmm...guess I'll fill up with 93...
no, that's not a thing here
Sponsored