Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Best of both worlds
4E08040B-59F5-4B7D-8CEF-474512346B9C.jpeg
You just gave your address away by not blanking out your license tags.. And I see a snow/ice scraper hanging in your garage so I know you're not my neighbor. I like that driveway coating. It's a shame you get that long crack in there. These concrete contractors don't do compaction on the dirt anymore. It's a real problem down here. I had a house built in the concrete pad cracked from one corner of the house to the other before the house was finished. I couldn't understand why until I started noticing that as soon as they poured the pads on the houses, they said all the concrete blocks on top of them the very next day. What a bunch of idiots. When I had a porch added on to the back of my house, I borrowed one of those hand tampers that she got a slam down up and down up and down because at that time I was fit enough to do it. I compacted it so good the ex-wife is still enjoying my patio 20 years later without any cracks in it.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP

slowmachine

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler, waiting for a Ranger PHEV
I just gave your address away by not blowing out your license tags.. And I see a snow/ice scraper hanging in your garage so I know you're not my neighbor. I like that driveway coating. It's a shame you get that long crack in there. These concrete contractors don't do compaction on the dirt anymore. It's a real problem down here. I had a house built in the concrete pad cracked from one corner of the house to the other before the house was finished. I couldn't understand why until I started noticing that as soon as they poured the pads on the houses, they said all the concrete blocks on top of them the very next day. What a bunch of idiots. When I had a porch added on to the back of my house, I borrowed one of those hand tampers that she got a slam down up and down up and down because at that time I was fit enough to do it. I compacted it so good the ex-wife is still enjoying my patio 20 years later without any cracks in it.
What looks like a crack in the photo is the edge of an extra layer of asphalt that slopes up to the edge of the concrete slab. No coating, just 17 year old asphalt. This is definitely not Florida, but we dream about it some days :)

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
Has anyone tried Get Go Advance pay? you get a card that's linked directly to your checking account with a pin an get go doesn't get stuck with the credit card fees. I see you save 30 cents for the first 60 days the you save "5-30 cents". If it's normally 15-20 cents I would sign up. If it's usually 5 cents I won't bother.

Apples

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Retired
Allow me to comment on Lang's post.

Everyone who indulges in social media (Facebook and Twitter especially), is giving up a bit of their privacy, including passwords and/or codes.GetGo is just one more nail!

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Sport Supercab
Occupation
Navy Vet., Retired Police Sgt.
Allow me to comment on Lang's post.

Everyone who indulges in social media (Facebook and Twitter especially), is giving up a bit of their privacy, including passwords and/or codes.GetGo is just one more nail!
I used to try and avoid all the cards, loyalty programs, ect. But it's useless.....as long as you use credit card or buy something online, heck, just joining a forum and posting, "They" already know all about you
Drivers license, Social Security card, voter ID, ect...you are already known. Companies can even tell how many people live in your home by the amount of poop paper you buy, how frequently and how much you buy.
That and the fact that your photo is taken many times a day....it's a lost cause trying to stay off the grid.

Delirious

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I used to try and avoid all the cards, loyalty programs, ect. But it's useless.....as long as you use credit card or buy something online, heck, just joining a forum and posting, "They" already know all about you
Drivers license, Social Security card, voter ID, ect...you are already known. Companies can even tell how many people live in your home by the amount of poop paper you buy, how frequently and how much you buy.
That and the fact that your photo is taken many times a day....it's a lost cause trying to stay off the grid.
George Orwell's 1984 reinvented in 2020. Since Covid has been introduced, nothing will ever remain the same.

HDA

First Name
Hector
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT Shadow Black
Occupation
Travel X-ray Tech
In California the difference b/w reg and 92 octane is 0.30c at Costco.. I would've thought the difference would've been greater here.

Having said that, the difference is $5 every time I fill up 17gal. Not a big deal, and its better for this engine.

Delirious

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
You just gave your address away by not blanking out your license tags.. And I see a snow/ice scraper hanging in your garage so I know you're not my neighbor. I like that driveway coating. It's a shame you get that long crack in there. These concrete contractors don't do compaction on the dirt anymore. It's a real problem down here. I had a house built in the concrete pad cracked from one corner of the house to the other before the house was finished. I couldn't understand why until I started noticing that as soon as they poured the pads on the houses, they said all the concrete blocks on top of them the very next day. What a bunch of idiots. When I had a porch added on to the back of my house, I borrowed one of those hand tampers that she got a slam down up and down up and down because at that time I was fit enough to do it. I compacted it so good the ex-wife is still enjoying my patio 20 years later without any cracks in it.
I just had to edit that because I did not proofread myself after I spoke my text. I in no way gave your address away. Too funny but I think you understood.

OP
OP

slowmachine

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler, waiting for a Ranger PHEV
I just had to edit that because I did not proofread myself after I spoke my text. I in no way gave your address away. Too funny but I think you understood.
No worries. As a retired government employee, I’m not hiding from anyone. They know every detail of my life from 1982 until death.

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
We were doing pretty good around here for average gas prices. Just this past week took a massive jump. What was high test price is now regular price.

Should all be on winter blend by now so that’s supposed to be cheaper by a little. It’s all down hill now. Hang on!

Kyp317

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
Occupation
CAD Design/Automotive Prototyping
The first full tank from the dealer I’m sure was regular 87 but when looking over the manual and ford recommends premium I’ve been putting premium in since after that first tank.

Do I like paying more , hell no but I figure they must know there’s some kind of benefit to it and my personal thought is it must be at least a little better for the truck. Enough to justify it ? I honestly don’t know but I do know at least for me this is not a low cost vehicle purchase so I’m going to do what I think will give it the best chance of trucking along for a long time , I joke lol.

Plus I’m thinking about doing the Ford Performance Tune so if I do then better I’m already use to paying more at the pump for premium already.

halligan1201

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Emergency Management
Vehicle Showcase
In California the difference b/w reg and 92 octane is 0.30c at Costco.. I would've thought the difference would've been greater here.

Having said that, the difference is $5 every time I fill up 17gal. Not a big deal, and its better for this engine.
Same here. And it's 93 octane. And it's .60-.90 cheaper than the regular gas stations, so filling up at Costco saves me $12-$15 per tank ($50-$70 a month) on my current vehicle. Which pays for the membership in one month. And if I cross into Indiana, it's $1.40 a gallon cheaper.

halligan1201

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Emergency Management
Vehicle Showcase
The first full tank from the dealer I’m sure was regular 87 but when looking over the manual and ford recommends premium I’ve been putting premium in since after that first tank.

Do I like paying more , hell no but I figure they must know there’s some kind of benefit to it and my personal thought is it must be at least a little better for the truck. Enough to justify it ? I honestly don’t know but I do know at least for me this is not a low cost vehicle purchase so I’m going to do what I think will give it the best chance of trucking along for a long time , I joke lol.

Plus I’m thinking about doing the Ford Performance Tune so if I do then better I’m already use to paying more at the pump for premium already.
My last two vehicles have been turbo direct injection vehicles that required premium so I'm used to it. And with my VW, I learned what running 87 octane through can do; mother-in-law used my car while I was in Alaska, she ran three tanks of regular through it, and it fouled it up good. Had to replace plugs, a coil pack, and the PCV valve. Which is why I'll not buy another VW. Too finicky; three tanks shouldn't have done that. But it proved to me the value of running higher octane through these little turbos. I take octane booster with me when I go up to the north shore of Minnesota because it's hard to find premium up there.

Kyp317

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
Occupation
CAD Design/Automotive Prototyping
My last two vehicles have been turbo direct injection vehicles that required premium so I'm used to it. And with my VW, I learned what running 87 octane through can do; mother-in-law used my car while I was in Alaska, she ran three tanks of regular through it, and it fouled it up good. Had to replace plugs, a coil pack, and the PCV valve. Which is why I'll not buy another VW. Too finicky; three tanks shouldn't have done that. But it proved to me the value of running higher octane through these little turbos. I take octane booster with me when I go up to the north shore of Minnesota because it's hard to find premium up there.
I also have no experience with a vehicle with a turbo but had a few friends tell me that same thing that if you have one you should run premium fuel. Good to hear someone else with real work experience say it.

Good idea with taking octane booster. Where I live , even in a rural area every station I ever go has 93 octane But should I venture up to northern Michigan ( I’m down In SE MI ) I’ll take some with me just in case. That’s a great tip many may not think about. Thank you.
Sponsored