First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Supercrew, 2017 Ford Fusion Sport, 1968 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Military
Right back at you Brian. What branch are you serving. God Bless you and stay safe :like:
I started with 3 years active Army, and have now been in the Vermont Air Guard for 34 more, I go over 38 years in May. Looking to retire in 18 months then hit the road with out Motor Home towing our 2019 Ranger.
Brian

Cabose-1

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XLT FX2
Occupation
Student
Well I have read many of the posts here. Sometimes I wonder why people buy a ranger pickup truck. Ranger XLT cost me under $30,000 4x2. I in no way could have bought a full size vehicle with the options this Ranger has. Full size vehicle would have cost me at least 40k. With no bells or whistles base model. The Ranger does everything I need it to do and everything I will be doing with it. Like buying an inexpensive car it does not have all the bells and whistles of a full-sized vehicle that they put more money and time into. All of that being known is why I like the Ranger and has so much to offer for the price, and fits all of my needs and then some. I even have tow hooks in front so someone can pull me out of the mud when I get stuck thinking it's a 4x4. Even though my toe hooks are black not red I am worried about the functionality of them. So I bought the vehicle knowing exactly what I was getting and impressed and happy with what I bought. Ford F@$&+!* Ranger!

SemperVee

First Name
Dar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 LARIAT. 2019 Ranger XLT Traded in.
Vehicle Showcase
Things I noticed from 2019 to 2021
Xlt 301a sports pkg builds

-Power folding mirrors are no longer included in the 301a pkg
-wheel well lips are plastic and not painted magnetic gray to match bumpers on sports pkg
-as OP mentioned, the headrests no long fold in the backseat and don't seem to be adjusted in the fronts.
-the e-brake button is rubber instead of chrome

Everything else seems to be about the same that I can tell so far.
Good Eyes there... Taking away the gas cap was only the beginning years ago... :^(

Viscerol

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Mortician
Well I have read many of the posts here. Sometimes I wonder why people buy a ranger pickup truck. Ranger XLT cost me under $30,000 4x2. I in no way could have bought a full size vehicle with the options this Ranger has. Full size vehicle would have cost me at least 40k. With no bells or whistles base model. The Ranger does everything I need it to do and everything I will be doing with it. Like buying an inexpensive car it does not have all the bells and whistles of a full-sized vehicle that they put more money and time into. All of that being known is why I like the Ranger and has so much to offer for the price, and fits all of my needs and then some. I even have tow hooks in front so someone can pull me out of the mud when I get stuck thinking it's a 4x4. Even though my toe hooks are black not red I am worried about the functionality of them. So I bought the vehicle knowing exactly what I was getting and impressed and happy with what I bought. Ford F@$&+!* Ranger!
I agree with this. I would rather have a loaded Ranger Lariat than a F-150, etc. I also have a RAM 1500 “LoneStar” that is moderately equipped that was deeply discounted, yet still 48k.

BuckinBronco

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2017 Chevy SS
Good Eyes there... Taking away the gas cap was only the beginning years ago... :^(
I just realized this week they hid the front parking aid sensors behind the technology package. Back in 2019 they were standard equipment.

Scooter

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
------2011 Ford Ranger XL 2.3L Manual Scab
Occupation
--Machinist
Reading many post on this site its the opposite of the way many people think. First run vehicles are becoming more attractive before cost reduction steps in. That's if I was looking at a higher optioned Ranger. I will have to keep this in mind for the G6 Ranger.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Reading many post on this site its the opposite of the way many people think. First run vehicles are becoming more attractive before cost reduction steps in. That's if I was looking at a higher optioned Ranger. I will have to keep this in mind for the G6 Ranger.
Hi Brian,

It is the new way of producing vehicles. The term I dealt with was "low hanging fruit"...pull out the cost and complexity from the vehicle and the assembly plant....I hated this and fought long and hard. We did have some successes though but it took effort. On Ranger we developed a single point crash sensor which packaged on the transmission tunnel. It eliminated the three crash sensors under the front bumper and in testing it proved superior. It also saved $25 a vehicle at a volume of 340,000 units or $8,500,000. We spent about $1.5 million to develop and test but the customer and Ford benefited....

Back Story....The worst test for the single point crash sensor was the rail shipment test. We have to test with the vehicle on a rail car with the key on. If the rail test, which is amazing rough, activates the sensor...then the air bags deploy...this includes a coupling test where the rail cars are coupled which is very violent or the hump test when the rail cars are broke apart with such violence.

Bottom line....it takes work to do this correctly, not just a take away like the center tie downs.... Stupid, Stupid, Stupid....

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

SilverSlugger

First Name
Wally
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Baking
I'm sure some things are cost savings but several are related to COVID production issues; plants are still short on staff and parts. Streamlining the process or swapping in substitute parts is necessary in order to keep production going at some level. They have also stripped all the aftermarket accessories from the build page; eliminating them costs Ford money but saves production time so trucks can get to the lots. The dealers in my area are starving for Rangers - can't get them from Ford. It makes me roll my eyes at all the Bronco order folks who can't figure out why Ford is behind on production - like somehow they are unaware that all manufacturing on the planet ceased for several months last year and still isn't close to operating at full capacity. The whole reason I'm switching back to Ford comes from how they pivoted to making ventilators and PPE (still making PPE) during this. Just like they did with iron lungs during polio and making everything under the sun during WW2.
The perfect statement on this, couldn't have said it better myself.

SilverSlugger

First Name
Wally
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Baking
I agree with this. I would rather have a loaded Ranger Lariat than a F-150, etc. I also have a RAM 1500 “LoneStar” that is moderately equipped that was deeply discounted, yet still 48k.
I agree also, I have the Lariat, 4x4, off-road package, and rear lock differential. Wouldnt have it any other way.
Sponsored