California to ban small gas engines by 2024

KNI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Raptor 2021
It takes 500,000 gallons of water to mine one metric ton of lithium for car batteries. That is a LOT of water. That gives you almost exactly 2 electric cars.
And to put that into context, it is 1 892 705m^2 or about 1mm (or light sneeze) rain for less than 2 square kilometers.
Sponsored

Reactions: Doc

dtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat FX4, chromed and forever damperless
FYI :

Fracking consumes a massive amount of water. In the United States, the average can run between 1.5 million and 9.7 million gallons of water to frack a single well, according to the United States Geological Survey (USGS).Apr 19, 2019

dtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat FX4, chromed and forever damperless
IMO if you're really serious about non polluting energy you have to re-vist nuclear power. The plants running today were built 50 years ago so I'm sure the technology is better now. Just don't build one in an earthquake or tsunami zone.
There is ongoing development for smaller nuclear reactors which have a number of advantages over larger deployments. The collapse of Westinghouse some yrs back along with environmental concerns ( Fukushima Daiichi, etc) has raised the bar for the nuclear industry in the US as well as other countries (Germany) .

https://www.governing.com/next/nuclear-power-industry-targets-alaska-for-small-reactors

NvrFinished

First Name
Shea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT 4x4 Rapid Red
Back in 2010 California was beginning to mandate the new diesel emission regulations that would require most trucking companies to buy a new tractor or replace the engines in their fleet. It caused many trucking companies and independent drivers to go out of business because they could not afford the expense. Plus, it drove up trucking costs in the state.

It was discovered that the data acquired and analyzed for the study by the California Air Resources Board that resulted in these new emission standards was provided by an employee who falsified his credentials. His boss knew of the employee's false credentials but allowed the data to be used anyways.

When this was discovered, they went ahead with the new emission requirements anyways and ordered a new study to be analyzed at a later date. The employee, nor his boss, were ever reprimanded and kept their jobs.

That's California for you.

NOVA_Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
I saw this today at ACE hardware........

E002050D-8B87-4D6B-AD83-9C98A00D7DA5.jpeg
I almost went with one of these when I bought a new zero turn this spring. The reviews seemed decent, but I opted for a gas-powered Toro. Maybe when the Toro is used up, still too early in the game for me to jump on the EV or electric mower train.
Sponsored