Anyone say, I should have purchased a different truck?

dtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat FX4, chromed and forever damperless
I don't think you are wrong. My observation is the primary demographic driving 2019+ rangers is retired dudes. The way you said it initially came off as being derisive, so maybe work on your delivery.
Yes >70 here , retired and I have the chrome package, it's so good. And my next door neighbor is 74 and bought a red ford ranger also with chrome package.
Sponsored

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
Yes >70 here , retired and I have the chrome package, it's so good. And my next door neighbor is 74 and bought a red ford ranger also with chrome package.
Chrome and age are not associated with each other! I'm 70 and have a Lightening Blue 2019 FX4 with the Sport package. I have removed all chrome except the Ford badges, still working on that. Also repainted the bash panel black to get rid of the stupid silver on the front bumper. Chrome is not an age thing!

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
I just turned 60 and I would have bought the Chrome package, but it was a bit too much chrome for me - I REALLY, REALLY wanted the Chrome bumpers but couldn't take all of the rest of the chrome. But then again, I'm kind of weird - I like the basic (non steely - PVD?) wheels better than the Lariat wheels.

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Many are fleet for security or small businesses that change them when out of warranty or old people that are out of them before 40k miles. They are stacking up on used lots and not selling. The resale values show it is not a great investment.

I bought mine by selling some Ford stock, I love the company and wanted something "American made-ish" that did truck stuff without guzzling fuel, but I just don't love the quality and costs to keep them on the road, targets of theft and damage, and get nothing for them in resale compared to other brands make a bitter pill.

If I could get 200-300 carefree miles like I did in my Korean cars in the past I'd have a 2025 Ranger on preorder and not be tempted by Toyota. With today's prices, it is hard to pay off a truck before 60k warranty is up unless you hardly use it.

I wish I was the only person with issues, but KBB and market research prove otherwise. I agree a more comprehensive study should be done or found to settle the argument with facts.
Yeah, I just can’t get over all those dang fleet Rangers…

IMG_5629.jpeg
IMG_5630.jpeg
IMG_5633.jpeg
IMG_5634.jpeg
IMG_5639.jpeg
IMG_5638.jpeg
IMG_5637.jpeg
IMG_5635.jpeg
IMG_5640.jpeg
IMG_5642.jpeg
IMG_5643.jpeg

dtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat FX4, chromed and forever damperless
I just posted for levity, I got a great deal on a demo and with that came the chrome package, my ranger color is white and interestingly it looks nearly identical to the Ranger ford displayed at several auto shows in 2019. I'm ok with it and much of the front of the truck including the chrome is coated with bugs as I've not washed since last summer and took several long rode trips in that span. I'd agree though that the rangers styling is more conservative than others and perhaps overall that is more appealing to us older farts.

seano3ca

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Education
I love my 2023 even more than my 94 5.0 RCLB F150 4x4. And that's saying a lot. Though I could camp in the back of the 150 and that's definitely a no-go in the Ranger. The Ranger may not be the most refined vehicle I've ever owned, but I have zero complaints - it's a truck.

CB750F

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ / SCAB Ranger XLT/FX4 & various motos
Occupation
Human
I bought the chrome thing. It was sitting there, calling my name, with all the do-das that I'll hardly/never use on a FX4. Wife uses it as a daily.
I just spent 8 hrs driving it yesterday & have no complaints. Very comfy.

Friday yet?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Tremor, Focus ST
Occupation
Corporate drone. Dilbert's world is alive & well.
I don't think you are wrong. My observation is the primary demographic driving 2019+ rangers is retired dudes. The way you said it initially came off as being derisive, so maybe work on your delivery.
Funny how we see things differently. When I see Rangers it seems the vast majority are guys much younger than me. (63 here) Yesterday when leaving the airport heading home I stopped to gas up. Guy on the other side of the pump had a gray FX4. Needless to say we chitchatted about Rangers. (He loves his too!) He looked to be early 30's at most. Which seems typical for Ranger owners from my perspective.

dano42

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021Ranger Lariat Tremor, 2018 BMW X5
Occupation
Retired!
Think of it this way - us older guys have driven a lot of different vehicles and figured out what we want in a truck. Most of us probably did a little research and ended up in a Ranger. Either we are wise, or a little senile- I haven’t figured that out yet.

tm1506

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4, 2020 Outback XT
Occupation
Retired
I'm one of those "old" guys too, 70+. I choose the Ranger because it was what I wanted. It was the right size, hauls my kayaks and fits in the garage.

bbeverag

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat Tremor
I think it attracts older guys because it is roughly the same size and capability of a 99 f150.

Friday yet?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Tremor, Focus ST
Occupation

Friday yet?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Tremor, Focus ST
Occupation
Yeah, I just can’t get over all those dang fleet Rangers…

IMG_5629.jpeg
IMG_5630.jpeg
IMG_5633.jpeg
IMG_5634.jpeg
IMG_5639.jpeg
IMG_5638.jpeg
IMG_5637.jpeg
IMG_5635.jpeg
IMG_5640.jpeg
IMG_5642.jpeg
IMG_5643.jpeg
Just scrolled through that collage again....... some dang fine looking trucks.

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Just scrolled through that collage again....... some dang fine looking trucks.
There really are some great builds out there.

If you browse through the Showcase section, you’ll see a lot of familiar Rangers in there and a bunch from early on that you’ve likely never seen before.