Anybody planning to lower their 2019 Ranger?

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Doc,

Thanks! Okay...you have a high mounted panhard rod and this defines your new rear roll center. The old hoskitch was roughly the center of the diff case. So it is significantly highter. And will changing handling. Not sure about straight line, but as the vehicle squats on accel, there will be a rear axle shift to the left not sure to what extent this shift will be but can be a contributing factor to wheel hop. If shocks and tire pressures are ineffective, might be time to invest in some traction bars to help out the cause. I hope that the improve weight transfer will do the trick with shock adjustment...

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP Mustang, 2021 Ranger STX,2022 Subaru WRX
Occupation
Retired
Hi Doc,

Thanks! Okay...you have a high mounted panhard rod and this defines your new rear roll center. The old hoskitch was roughly the center of the diff case. So it is significantly highter. And will changing handling. Not sure about straight line, but as the vehicle squats on accel, there will be a rear axle shift to the left not sure to what extent this shift will be but can be a contributing factor to wheel hop. If shocks and tire pressures are ineffective, might be time to invest in some traction bars to help out the cause. I hope that the improve weight transfer will do the trick with shock adjustment...

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Yes, I adjusted the rears to low compression and high rebound...perfect..did a burnout on one of our country roads..itcame out straight as an arrow and no wheel hop !
Thank you for your help! Also I’m adding a fiberglass tonneau cover, it’s pretty heavy I’ll also address the front shocks ...
Regards
Doc
P.S....It doesn’t turn the corner like a loaf of bread anymore:like:

Last edited:

Rinn69

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x4 Lightning Blue
Occupation
Retired USAF MSgt
Vehicle Showcase
I just about had a heart attack.....went to Bell Tech's website to check.....they actually have the Ranger listed , but only have shim kits. Maybe this will come around by late summer/early fall ? :please::thumbsup:

MyLittleRanger19

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger STX
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
I just about had a heart attack.....went to Bell Tech's website to check.....they actually have the Ranger listed , but only have shim kits. Maybe this will come around by late summer/early fall ? :please::thumbsup:
Saaaaaaaame
I might have made some interesting sounds too

Reactions: Doc

MyLittleRanger19

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger STX
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
can confirm.

email response as of 10AM yesterday:

"hello,
thank you for contacting Belltech. Unfortunately, the ranger kits have been pushed back until right around New Year's."

i replied asking for any more information and specs on possible kits.

MyLittleRanger19

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger STX
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
latest reply from belltech:

"unfortunately i do not have any information on the kit. we wont know the exact specs of the kit until the kit is released. i believe that the new ranger kit will be right around a 2"/4" or 3"/5"."

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP Mustang, 2021 Ranger STX,2022 Subaru WRX
Occupation
Retired
latest reply from belltech:

"unfortunately i do not have any information on the kit. we wont know the exact specs of the kit until the kit is released. i believe that the new ranger kit will be right around a 2"/4" or 3"/5"."
Sooner or Later...

FGMazzola

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium, 1932 Ford 3 window coupe
Sooner or Later...
Good morning; it's been a few months since I've made any post. Crazy times we are living in and just trying to remember what day of the week it is presents a challenge!

Anyway, I finally spoke to my contact at BellTech (Customer Care and Technical Support Manager) again on the 17th and this was the response:

Hello Frank,

Well I have some good news and some not so great news. We finally found a truck to do our final test fits on and we completed it this week.

However, this means we can start production on the kit which will take several months. Usually we would be able to complete this in about 2-3 months but with everything going on in the world we have not been getting material as fast. I am hoping by the end of the year.

I can tell you that the kit will come with an adjustable strut that will lower the front down 3", a upper control arm to maintain alignment and suspension geometry, and an adjustable rear flip kit that will do 4-6" of drop.

So, maybe a bit more precise information, but still a few months away.

Kevin Franklin

First Name
Tinmender1963
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda FT500. Honda 700SC. 2019 Ford Ranger Sport. 2014 Ford Focus ST. 2017 Ford Escape Titanium. 1994 Ford Ranger Splash. 1986 Ford Mustang GT Splash
Occupation
Damn good question. A lot of different things
Vehicle Showcase
Good morning; it's been a few months since I've made any post. Crazy times we are living in and just trying to remember what day of the week it is presents a challenge!

Anyway, I finally spoke to my contact at BellTech (Customer Care and Technical Support Manager) again on the 17th and this was the response:

Hello Frank,

Well I have some good news and some not so great news. We finally found a truck to do our final test fits on and we completed it this week.

However, this means we can start production on the kit which will take several months. Usually we would be able to complete this in about 2-3 months but with everything going on in the world we have not been getting material as fast. I am hoping by the end of the year.

I can tell you that the kit will come with an adjustable strut that will lower the front down 3", a upper control arm to maintain alignment and suspension geometry, and an adjustable rear flip kit that will do 4-6" of drop.

So, maybe a bit more precise information, but still a few months away.
Thank you for the update. Much appreciated!
Sponsored