Anybody planning to lower their 2019 Ranger?

SOHK_Alumni

First Name
Win
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2019 Ranger FX4, 2002 Vanden Plas, 1977 Eclat
Occupation
Glorified Mechanic
For now, took the easy way out to pick the back end up that inch I was looking for.

Lightweight Timbren springs and 3/4" hdpe spacers.

All 4 wheel arches are 34" high.
20200612_200850.jpg

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP Mustang, 2021 Ranger STX,2022 Subaru WRX
Occupation
Retired
For now, took the easy way out to pick the back end up that inch I was looking for.

20200612_200850.jpg
Very Nice !
Regards

Cape Cruiser

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
31 Ford-20 Ranger Lariat FX4- 19 Ranger Lariat 4x2
Occupation
retired mechanic

20200612_200850.jpg
Win,how is the handling? Rear axle flip and adjustable height fronts? Nice job looks great! Bret

Rinn69

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x4 Lightning Blue
Occupation
Retired USAF MSgt
Vehicle Showcase
I'm interested as well and wondering if Hellwig's RSB will fit with the axle flip.
Ditto. I'm holding off on exhaust and the sway bar until the lowering kit is installed. I was thinking that the sway bar end links may need to be trimmed to fit to account for the height difference.....time will tell.

Edit: After looking at the pic above, it looks like the leaf springs may be in the way..... :frown:

SOHK_Alumni

First Name
Win
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2019 Ranger FX4, 2002 Vanden Plas, 1977 Eclat
Occupation
Glorified Mechanic
Win,how is the handling? Rear axle flip and adjustable height fronts? Nice job looks great! Bret
Yes, flipped the axle over re-arched springs to keep the drop rational, was not looking to slam the truck, just to make cabin, bed and roof access easier.

The re-arching is not the greatest solution and being a progressive single leaf, tough to get exactly the desired result. Ended up about an inch lower the I'd hoped so I used a couple Timbren rubber springs and spacers. Wanted to use FX4 rear springs, but that path has yet to open up.

In front, I hand cut lower spring seat retainer grooves on new take off FX shocks to get the drop.

As for road manners, the lower CG darn near feels like a sway bar has been added. It'll never be a an autocross racer, but is well composed doing everything I've asked of it. Will likely look for a sway bar solution anyway.

Cape Cruiser

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
31 Ford-20 Ranger Lariat FX4- 19 Ranger Lariat 4x2
Occupation
retired mechanic
Yes, flipped the axle over re-arched springs to keep the drop rational, was not looking to slam the truck, just to make cabin, bed and roof access easier.

The re-arching is not the greatest solution and being a progressive single leaf, tough to get exactly the desired result. Ended up about an inch lower the I'd hoped so I used a couple Timbren rubber springs and spacers. Wanted to use FX4 rear springs, but that path has yet to open up.

In front, I hand cut lower spring seat retainer grooves on new take off FX shocks to get the drop.

As for road manners, the lower CG darn near feels like a sway bar has been added. It'll never be a an autocross racer, but is well composed doing everything I've asked of it. Will likely look for a sway bar solution anyway.
Great Job !!

gpsdualsport

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger XL ExtraCab 2WD
@Doc,
Anything new to report on the lowering project? Your last post was one word 'preliminary' and a photo.
Is it going OK?

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
@Doc,
Anything new to report on the lowering project? Your last post was one word 'preliminary' and a photo.
Is it going OK?
Yes, the trailing arms are Too long, Freakride is fabricating shorter ones now..this kit in my eyes is still R+D in the US. With the kit Some parts had to be re- fabricated. (As you can see by the picture , the wheels are set too far to the rear) . Freakride is working hard to get it right.
Regards

RodSlinger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Dakota
Yes, the trailing arms are Too long, ) . Freakride is working hard to get it right.
Regards
Any updates? Seems some adjustable length trailing arms would have worked well here.

Could help with the alignment later if there are any tolerance issues.

Reactions: Doc

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Any updates? Seems some adjustable length trailing arms would have worked well here.

Could help with the alignment later if there are any tolerance issues.
Went there today they are still fn with it ..
regards