Anybody planning to lower their 2019 Ranger?

Kevin Franklin

First Name
Tinmender1963
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda FT500. Honda 700SC. 2019 Ford Ranger Sport. 2014 Ford Focus ST. 2017 Ford Escape Titanium. 1994 Ford Ranger Splash. 1986 Ford Mustang GT Splash
Occupation
Damn good question. A lot of different things
Vehicle Showcase

gpsdualsport

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger XL ExtraCab 2WD
@Doc Please tell us your ride height measured at the top of the wheel arches when you post your ride test.

Reactions: Doc

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP Mustang, 2021 Ranger STX,2022 Subaru WRX
Occupation
Retired
Looks great Doc! I'm sure it was worth the wait. Like Bret I can't wait to hear how it handles/performs! :like:
It’s great to drive, several launches...but wheel hops ...
perhap Phil could chime in ...it has fully adjustable racing shocks, for both compression and rebound..
Regards

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
@Doc Please tell us your ride height measured at the top of the wheel arches when you post your ride test.
Both front and rear 35” to the top of the arch..I can go lower but I live on a dirt road and have to be able to get a garden hose into the wheel wells ...
Regards

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
By the way...all stock parts are for sale..but you must pick up...
upper and lower control arms
coilover stock springs
coilover racing springs
stock grill
complete exhaust system
brackets and bolts
and more ..
Regards
Doc

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
perhap Phil could chime in ...it has fully adjustable racing shocks, for both compression and rebound..
Regards
I know you are supposed to lower rear compression and increase rebound for Drag Racing. So tomorrow I will adjust them to the max on both and start from there ...
Regards

Rinn69

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x4 Lightning Blue
Occupation
Retired USAF MSgt
Vehicle Showcase
I know you are supposed to lower rear compression and increase rebound for Drag Racing. So tomorrow I will adjust them to the max on both and start from there ...
Regards
Maybe a video or 2 ??? :please::thumbsup:?

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Regards
Hi Doc,

You want as much weight transfer to the rear on launch so free up the rebound in the front shocks if you have adjustability. The other thing you might try is different tire pressures. I am guessing you have defined rear spring rates, correct? Are there any rubber bushings in the rear suspension now? If there are, stiffening them can also help correct wheel hop. You are also correct to free up compresson of the shocks in the rear. It could also be somewhat related to the geometry of the rear suspension. How is the rear axle supported latterly? Watts link? Panhard rod? If a Panhard it might be it need to be stiffened or relocated. Would really like to see a pix of your as installed rear suspenson in the truck from below the truck. Usually wheel hop is too much fore/aft wheel movement where you momentarily loose contact with the ground. Hopefully tire pressures and shock adjustments will help. Good luck! I have only tuned one drag car in my life and it worked but by no means to I know the tricks of the trade on straight line cars.

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

Reactions: Doc

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Hi Doc,

You want as much weight transfer to the rear on launch so free up the rebound in the front shocks if you have adjustability. The other thing you might try is different tire pressures. I am guessing you have defined rear spring rates, correct? Are there any rubber bushings in the rear suspension now? If there are, stiffening them can also help correct wheel hop. You are also correct to free up compresson of the shocks in the rear. It could also be somewhat related to the geometry of the rear suspension. How is the rear axle supported latterly? Watts link? Panhard rod? If a Panhard it might be it need to be stiffened or relocated. Would really like to see a pix of your as installed rear suspenson in the truck from below the truck. Usually wheel hop is too much fore/aft wheel movement where you momentarily loose contact with the ground. Hopefully tire pressures and shock adjustments will help. Good luck! I have only tuned one drag car in my life and it worked but by no means to I know the tricks of the trade on straight line cars.

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired
[/QUOTE]
photos

20200724_125410.jpg

20200724_125515.jpg

20200724_125507.jpg

Last edited:

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Sorry about the repeat texts I did it from my phone for the first time...no computer savvy here... thank you for your valuable input..and yes panhard bar ..
Regards
Doc
Sponsored