Anybody planning to lower their 2019 Ranger?

MyLittleRanger19

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger STX
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
got the same reply as last time:

"To our trusted partners and valued customers,

Thank you for reaching out to KW automotive. These are unusual times, and we hope that everyone you hold near and dear is healthy and that they stay that way.

As we react to the current public safety realities with the COVID-19 virus, we are making decisions to keep our employees, their families, and our community safe.

We are currently remaining open and operational in our Clovis, CA facility to process your orders and are working according to health organization recommendations.

Our customer care and technical support teams will be working split shifts or remotely, so there is limited availability during normal business hours. We ask for you patience during the unprecedented times. Please know that we are responding to every request we receive in this inbox, but the response times will be delayed.

We thank you for your patience while we adapt to shifting circumstances.

take care, and stay safe.

Team KW automotive"

hope to get a real reply this time...
Sponsored

Kevin Franklin

First Name
Tinmender1963
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda FT500. Honda 700SC. 2019 Ford Ranger Sport. 2014 Ford Focus ST. 2017 Ford Escape Titanium. 1994 Ford Ranger Splash. 1986 Ford Mustang GT Splash
Occupation
Damn good question. A lot of different things
Vehicle Showcase
Reactions: Doc

SOHK_Alumni

First Name
Win
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2019 Ranger FX4, 2002 Vanden Plas, 1977 Eclat
Occupation
Glorified Mechanic
Ok, Just a quick update. I lowered the front a little more, and re drilled my flip brackets to restore the 126.8" wheelbase. Done for now
Resized_20200604_132942_5953.jpeg
Fantastic!!

AlanBowers86

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Occupation
Gov
Agree with the above, looks great!! I’m not a good fabricator but am hopeful that kits will emerge in due time and give us normals a chance to have a similar appearing rig.

RangerDangerStranger

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier SV in Tactical Green Metallic
Occupation
Cool Dude
Newbie to suspension work question here, I was told that the rear leafs couldn't be de-arched because they are a single leaf. Is that not true, i just want to drop the rear 2 to 2 1/2" to be closer to the front. Can they just be de-arched?- then they won't fit, right, be too long?

SOHK_Alumni

First Name
Win
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Glorified Mechanic
Newbie to suspension work question here, I was told that the rear leafs couldn't be de-arched because they are a single leaf. Is that not true, i just want to drop the rear 2 to 2 1/2" to be closer to the front. Can they just be de-arched?- then they won't fit, right, be too long?
The stock springs already have very little arch so removing arch would severely limit compressed travel.

So for a gentle drop, options are very limited. I chose to add arch and flip the axle over the springs to get the 3" drop I was looking for and ended up with more of a 4" drop.

Cold re-arching springs is always a poor solution, and one I will likely re-work.

A path I might reconsider is to return to my stock springs, but with new rear shackle mounts and shackles. I don't want to do any welding and bolting on shackle hangers is, like cold re-arching a less than ideal solution.

Still any way to do a 3" lift then flip the axle will create the 2-3" drop .

SOHK_Alumni

First Name
Win
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Glorified Mechanic