Anybody planning to lower their 2019 Ranger?

RodSlinger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Dakota
Liking it. Is the surface irregular or is it the angle but the back looks lower than the front.
Sponsored

Reactions: Doc

SOHK_Alumni

First Name
Win
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2019 Ranger FX4, 2002 Vanden Plas, 1977 Eclat
Occupation
Glorified Mechanic
Got tired of waiting for a kit

Resized_20200522_173201_8427.jpeg
Nice! Hoping mine looks like that in a week or so!

What was your solution? Looks a lot like an axle flip, maybe longer shackles afterwards? Shocks?

Last edited:

SOHK_Alumni

First Name
Win
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Glorified Mechanic
I'll agree -- nose high, or maybe a touch too tail low. Should not be to big a problem.

Where I do see a bigger issue is the rear axle appears to sit too far forward in the wheel well, might cause a problem with the drive shaft. Pretty common with flipping the axle.

Duke

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Retired UPS Driver
Yes, The front is a tad high still. Working on that. Rear axle flip with shorter shocks. I cut the strut coils for now to see what happens. No issues yet. I will replace them when Belltech comes out with some lowering struts. It's not perfect yet, but a lot better than driving around ass high.

Duke

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Retired UPS Driver
Thanks for pointing that out SOHK. I will look into the rear wheel location. I forgot all about that when fabricating.

AlanBowers86

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Occupation
Gov
Got tired of waiting for a kit
With the flip done, how much space is left between the axle and the frame? Do you think towing or hauling will be compromised much at this height?

Kevin Franklin

First Name
Tinmender1963
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda FT500. Honda 700SC. 2019 Ford Ranger Sport. 2014 Ford Focus ST. 2017 Ford Escape Titanium. 1994 Ford Ranger Splash. 1986 Ford Mustang GT Splash
Occupation
Damn good question. A lot of different things
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, The front is a tad high still. Working on that. Rear axle flip with shorter shocks. I cut the strut coils for now to see what happens. No issues yet. I will replace them when Belltech comes out with some lowering struts. It's not perfect yet, but a lot better than driving around ass high.
It looks like you've done an excellent job to me!

Duke

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Retired UPS Driver
Alan. It depends on how much weight you plan on towing or hauling (i'm not planing on much) I replaced the bumper stops with smaller ones so i still have at least 4" They make rear shackles now that will bring it back up an inch or so. Thanks Kevin. Still work in progress.

SOHK_Alumni

First Name
Win
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Glorified Mechanic
Ok sweet, straight axle flip for now.

I'm in for rear springs with more arch in them for a flip with less drop so I'm pleased to see yours.

Worked last weekend, all 3 days of this one, have hopes to execute next weekend.

AlanBowers86

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Occupation
Gov
Alan. It depends on how much weight you plan on towing or hauling (i'm not planing on much) I replaced the bumper stops with smaller ones so i still have at least 4" They make rear shackles now that will bring it back up an inch or so. Thanks Kevin. Still work in progress.
Thank you, that’s still a decent amount of travel. Hopeful that once more owners lower, there might be those who build and fit airbags to assist with heavier payloads or towing scenarios.
Sponsored

Reactions: Doc