Any special steps required with battery replacement?

OP
OP
Hot Pepper Red Zeppelin

Hot Pepper Red Zeppelin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Hi HPRZ.

Yes....sweep up and properly dispose of the messy electrons that spilled from the battery cables in an approved method/container....

Best,
Phil
Is a glass mayonnaise jar an approved container?

Just curious why you replaced the battery already? Did it go bad?
So went out Monday morning to go to work and the truck wouldn't start. The weird thing was that everything that uses power seemed fine, e.g. audio system, lights, etc. After a few attempts to start I did start to get warnings about the state of the battery.

Being that the battery was almost 3.5 yrs old with 32k miles on it and out of warranty I decided to replace it and see if that fixed the situation.

Installed the new battery (pain in the ass) and it fired right up. All is well so far.

Cabose-1

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XLT FX2
Occupation
Student
And leave the engine running when you change the battery. Saw a video somewhere here on the forum of a battery change being done with the engine on

wrench

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Super Cab XLT FX4 HPR, FZ1, KTM 500EXC, MONKEY
Vehicle Showcase
And leave the engine running when you change the battery. Saw a video somewhere here on the forum of a battery change being done with the engine on
Hey guys, I had to replace my battery today. It went off without a hitch, thanks to all of the great advice and videos. You guys are the best!

Michel Jeanneau

First Name
Michel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX FX4 the black beast
Glad I saw this...I changed my battery last Saturday and forgot to reset the BMS...all done!

Dgc333

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Engineer
The most painful thing to reset!

But like trying to remember all the phone numbers of your favorite people to program in your new phone. Anyone know more than 5 numbers of their favorite people to call?
I hope that is another sarcastic comment! ?

I have not had to doing any programming to a new phone since the days of the flip phone. Just connect the new phone to your Google or iCloud account and everything on the old phone populates onto the new phone.

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Soupie! Race Red '22 XL 101A Scab 4X2 w/steelies
Occupation
game publisher
Hey guys, I had to replace my battery today. It went off without a hitch, thanks to all of the great advice and videos. You guys are the best!
What did you get? I know nothing about our batteries (hell, I never even heard of AGM before!). =)

kieefer

First Name
keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2WD SuperCab - 97 BMW M3
Occupation
Retired
Thinking out loud.

To prevent resetting couldn’t you use a couple of long jumper wires and hook up to the existing battery terminals and to the new battery. Disconnect old battery install new one, remove jumpers?

Or use a 9volt with the same procedure?

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
Thinking out loud.

To prevent resetting couldn’t you use a couple of long jumper wires and hook up to the existing battery terminals and to the new battery. Disconnect old battery install new one, remove jumpers?

Or use a 9volt with the same procedure?
The BMS Reset is still required since the system believe the battery health is not up to par. Might be a pain for some, but it is what it is.
Sponsored