Those of you with hard-wired battery maintainers.

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
I have no room to get to the front of my truck. I pull all the way up to the front of my garage so that I can drop my tailgate and load my truck the night before doing a job and usually have the bed extender on too.

Use this and you'll never forget to unhook it. Just add a small magnet and leave it hanging in between your front and rear windows. :shock:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00XWIY7W...olid=23F2DD1VHYN09&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

1674071141301.jpeg
I have one attached to my Honda tender...ya I've rode off without unplugging lol...
Sponsored

mtbikernate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4x4
Got the NOCO outlet with longer cord (6ft) yesterday. Longer than I needed, but at least it gave me flexibility to run it where it fit.

Came up behind the grill and through all those plastic baffles under the hood.

52706745636_79c7eecf71.jpg

The plug hides well.

52706994294_866917fbce.jpg

52706994294_866917fbce.jpg

JaysOnTheEDGE

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2021 Escape SEL AWD
So this is a fairly recent thread so I'll just ask my question here since it has soon good information in this thread, for those of you with on board battery maintainers which one did you go with? I am deciding between these 2

NOCO GENIUS2D, 2A Direct-Mount Onboard Car Battery Charger, 12V
https://www.amazon.com/NOCO-GENIUS2...72-288cb1aa192d&ref_=pd_gw_ci_mcx_mr_hp_atf_m

SOLAR 1002 1.5 Amp 12V Automatic Onboard Battery Charger
https://www.amazon.com/1002-Automat...72-288cb1aa192d&ref_=pd_gw_ci_mcx_mr_hp_atf_m

TXRangerTim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Tremor
Occupation
Retired
So this is a fairly recent thread so I'll just ask my question here since it has soon good information in this thread, for those of you with on board battery maintainers which one did you go with? I am deciding between these 2

https://www.amazon.com/NOCO-GENIUS2...72-288cb1aa192d&ref_=pd_gw_ci_mcx_mr_hp_atf_m

https://www.amazon.com/1002-Automat...72-288cb1aa192d&ref_=pd_gw_ci_mcx_mr_hp_atf_m
I bought the Motopower. Motopower uses a common SAE connector. The NOCO uses proprietary connections. NOCO is probably a smarter maintainer though.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01FG7NW60?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

mtbikernate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4x4
I bought the NOCO. That particular NOCO does not use proprietary connectors.

FWIW, 2A is not quite enough to get a full charge in a short amount of time. Maintainer fits how it works with our Rangers. I've had it attached for 4 days before (in the cold) and it's still showing as charging.

I'll probably swap it out with an older 10A NOCO that's currently in my camper (but has a suboptimal charge profile for LiFePO4 batteries) when I get a charger better suited for that battery chemistry eventually, and then move the 2D over to maintaining my lawnmower in the wintertime.

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer

I have the NOCO GENIUS 5. I have a battery connector on both our vehicles and move the charger between them. Only takes overnight to bring them to a full charge. I top them off every week or so.

TXRangerTim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Tremor
Occupation
Retired
I bought the NOCO. That particular NOCO does not use proprietary connectors.
You are correct this one does not have proprietary connector. I didn't open the link, just saw the brand. Their maintainers that are not designed to be left attached all the time use their special connector. Can get an SAE adapter and use regular cables also for the models not left on the vehicle.

TXRangerTim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Tremor
Occupation
Retired
The Motopower I linked to has both 2amp and 4amp modes.

JaysOnTheEDGE

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I wish they made the 5 AMP version as a direct mount, only reason for wanting a direct mount was the fact I'm in a apt still and only wanted to run the AC extension cord out to the truck from my patio without having to worry about the charger. but with only 2 amps and one person already stating it takes a few days to reach a full charge I don't think i'm really solving my issue. I cant leave it plugged in all the time but a an overnight on the weekends and no one would know.

TXRangerTim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Tremor
Occupation
Retired
I wish they made the 5 AMP version as a direct mount, only reason for wanting a direct mount was the fact I'm in a apt still and only wanted to run the AC extension cord out to the truck from my patio without having to worry about the charger. but with only 2 amps and one person already stating it takes a few days to reach a full charge I don't think i'm really solving my issue. I cant leave it plugged in all the time but a an overnight on the weekends and no one would know.
These are designed to be battery maintainers more than chargers. I use mine in 2 amp mode and it shows fully charged in a few minutes but my battery is not dead either.

JaysOnTheEDGE

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
i just bought a battery last month so mine should be in good shape. I get what your saying about it being maintainers

AdamHarris

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Black Supercrew
Occupation
Collision Repair Instructor
Vehicle Showcase
My Battery Tender brand is only a 750ma and works just fine and dandy. Not sure why everyone is stressing about multi amp tenders. Yes, once plugged up it charges for a couple of hours before it goes green but it gets the job done.

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
Get a CTEK 5.0 and that will do it. Might be able to use your Ford points and get their branded one of the same
Sponsored