Those of you with hard-wired battery maintainers.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Personally don't mine having to open the hood. That reminds me to unhook the maintainer before I start the truck. Of course my MY2019 has hood struts. :rockon:
I have no room to get to the front of my truck. I pull all the way up to the front of my garage so that I can drop my tailgate and load my truck the night before doing a job and usually have the bed extender on too.

Use this and you'll never forget to unhook it. Just add a small magnet and leave it hanging in between your front and rear windows. :shock:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00XWIY7W...olid=23F2DD1VHYN09&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

1674071141301.jpeg
Sponsored

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Soupie! Race Red '22 XL 101A Scab 4X2 w/steelies
Occupation
game publisher

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Soupie! Race Red '22 XL 101A Scab 4X2 w/steelies
Occupation
game publisher
I have no room to get to the front of my truck. I pull all the way up to the front of my garage so that I can drop my tailgate and load my truck the night before doing a job and usually have the bed extender on too.

Use this and you'll never forget to unhook it. Just add a small magnet and leave it hanging in between your front and rear windows. :shock:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00XWIY7W...olid=23F2DD1VHYN09&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

1674071141301.jpeg
I use this too, well, I often blow it off and think I'll remember, so I don't always use it. Derr ...

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I use this too, well, I often blow it off and think I'll remember, so I don't always use it. Derr ...
I "thought" I didn't need it either until one day I was starting to back out and Annie said "what's plugged into the outlet"? :eek: So much for remembering!?‍♂

OP
OP
OFC Ranger

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
another variation of a Boomer install

RED to B+ and BLK to GND

and yes I checked that GND connection with a milliohm meter and it passes MIL 1310 grounding requirements

other leads are for VHF HAM radio

not anxiously awaiting to see the Woke Enlightened variation
I am going fabricate a mechanism up to the external port of my hook up along with some CO2 canisters. Then wire a button near my ignition.

MysrjOD.gif

Better yet, rig it to a pressure switch on my garage floor that my truck rolls over when I go to move it.

Damn boomers and lack of creativity.... (jk)

Fordup

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Lariat Crew , 1966 Chevrolet Biscayne
Occupation
Retired YouTube Creator
Well My truck hasn't been driven since before Christmas and you guys got me worried so I ordered a Ctek 5 today to be safe. Wondering if anyone has run the socket through the firewall and mounted the plug under the dash by the OBD plug. That way the connector would stay dry and the cable could be shut in the door and run through the steering wheel so it couldn't be forgotten. It seemed like a good price today at $84 for the charger and under $13 for the extension. Ford was way more then that.

Fordup

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Lariat Crew , 1966 Chevrolet Biscayne
Occupation
Retired YouTube Creator
Well My truck hasn't been driven since before Christmas and you guys got me worried so I ordered a Ctek 5 today to be safe. Wondering if anyone has run the socket through the firewall and mounted the plug under the dash by the OBD plug. That way the connector would stay dry and the cable could be shut in the door and run through the steering wheel so it couldn't be forgotten. It seemed like a good price today at $84 for the charger and under $13 for the extension. Ford was way more then that.
Reading that new thread about the Ranger charging system looks like I had better not do a permanent install until the factory warranty is over. Charger has been running all day and only up too the 4th led so it must have been low.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Reading that new thread about the Ranger charging system looks like I had better not do a permanent install until the factory warranty is over. Charger has been running all day and only up too the 4th led so it must have been low.
That sounds about right Ed. When I first connected mine it took close to 24 hours to fully charge. Now it only takes 4-6 hours because I have it connected more often.

Caliope

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger CC 4WD Lariat, 2022 Bronco Sport OB
I finally got around to picking up a charger based on recommendations here. I want to hardwire the ring terminals and not use the clips. What solutions are some of you using for an external QD port?

They come with regular SAE connectors, but I am going to buy a flush mount pass through version. Trying to think of best spot to put it.

Somewhere on the bumper? Maybe one of the side fender vents? (I always back into my garage so it would be on that side where my plug in is). Something else?

71+kDv3LcYL.jpg

Here's where I mounted the pigtail on mine. It is just pressure fit in one the holes of the honey comb of the grill. I have the tender hung on a hook on the wall next to the truck.

20230116_154512.jpg

20230116_154541.jpg

mtbikernate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4x4
I installed a NOCO 2A charger in the engine compartment with the plug in the grill, don't want just a 12v line where I need to have the charger with me, only need power. I even plug it in to my RV when camped long term. Connected to +12 and the top of the -12 at the BMS so it sees the charge.
IMG_4538.JPG
haven't been driving much this winter and have been getting the ol battery discharge warnings when I actually do use my truck. and it doesn't appear the distances I do drive are quite enough. so I think I'm going to do exactly this. with one of these:

Mine plugs in 110 through this:

20221106_111132(0).jpg
I've got one of these on my squaredrop camper.

JesseS

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4, Jayco 26' Class A
Occupation
Retired, work is a four letter word.
haven't been driving much this winter and have been getting the ol battery discharge warnings when I actually do use my truck. and it doesn't appear the distances I do drive are quite enough. so I think I'm going to do exactly this. with one of these:

I've got one of these on my squaredrop camper.
Actually I like that much better than a plug in the grill, will have to get one.

AdamHarris

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Black Supercrew
Occupation
Collision Repair Instructor
Vehicle Showcase
Well, here’s what I ended up doing. Doesn’t look the best but it’s actually kinda hard to notice especially if you’re almost legally blind and standing 20-30 ATTACH=full]171147[/ATTACH]
0D043684-E1E4-40AC-AB06-F37220002CBC.jpeg
BBE16E71-727F-438A-81D4-55F32626C538.jpeg
E1F3913F-7B3E-4C57-80A8-EF462F3891B1.jpeg
BCD94B77-622E-492D-9738-19D6F483FD1C.jpeg
feet away and it’s raining and you’re not looking right at it ?

3EAB0C64-F6C2-4817-9BC8-45753D118F6E.jpeg

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Sport Supercab
Occupation
Navy Vet., Retired Police Sgt.
I guess I just took the "cheapie" way out.....Hard wired the short battery connector and it sits in front of the battery.
When I hook it up, have to raise the hood...hood stays up so I know, hood up, battery maintainer needs to be unplugged !!!

TXRangerTim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Tremor
Occupation
Retired
I hard wired the battery. Then I added an SAE extension cable, most is secured to the frame and tuck the tail behind the grill. It's hard to see when not in use and easy to access to plug in. I also bought "remove before flight" tags and hang one on the driver's door whenever it's plugged in. Neighbors probably think my Ranger is a hybrid if they see me plugging and unplugging. lol

mtbikernate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4x4
had some time to mess around with the finishing work on mine. I decided on this placement for my plug. Uses an off the shelf Hopkins trailer wiring bracket. Only had to drill 1 extra hole to fit the NOCO outlet. But in the end learned that the NOCO I bought has too short of a cord considering how wonky it is to feed that through. So out it comes to replace it with a longer wire. But I like the location for it.

Sponsored