First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Well..... It just so happens that a dealer not far from me has a white 501a Tremor incoming from the factory. So I'll have to give them a call and see what they say. (1st choice)
To say that I'm uneasy about doing a long distance deal would definitely be an understatment. (3rd choice)
A friend has very good connections with a chevy dealer by me who (allegedly) will give me a good deal on one of the new Colorados. (Although, I also hate the notion of buying the first year of any new/redesigned model) On paper, it does seem quite nice and I have had positive experience with GMs in the past. (2nd choice)

Idk what I'm going to do yet.. still pulling my eyebrows out one at a time 🤬🤬🤬😖😖
The white Tremor sounds like it would be a good fit. Then we'd be twins! 😁

I've bought a few vehicles over the years long distance, sight unseen and while nerve-racking it's worked out. At least today you can FaceTime and actually see the vehicle in real time where as years ago I was rolling the dice with just pictures.

I do like the new Colorado but like you I'm always leery of first year re-designs. At least with Ford they've been out in the ROTW for ever a year now but that doesn't guarantee that there won't be any hiccups here.

I think I'd jump on the Tremor! As much as I miss MP1, I really like my Tremor so far.
Sponsored

OP
OP
LT Dangle

LT Dangle

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 FX4 (RIP), 21 Tremor, 20 Edge ST, Couple HD's
Occupation
Trophy Husband / "Sanitation Worker" / Army Vet
UPDATE:

Got my total loss settlement offer today. They initially tried to offer me $38,266, but i realized they were basing that of a base model XL. Sent them back to the drawing board to re-adjust for a loaded lariat and they came back with $41,371 not including reimbursement for tax and reg.

For the comparisons, they used all '21 lariats...
#1 was a tremor with half the miles (5,800) @$43529
#2 has less equipment and almost quadruple the mileage (45,500) @$40,305
#3 had less equipment and about triple the mileage (35,500) for $40,279

ugh..... 🤬

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
UPDATE:

Got my total loss settlement offer today. They initially tried to offer me $38,266, but i realized they were basing that of a base model XL. Sent them back to the drawing board to re-adjust for a loaded lariat and they came back with $41,371 not including reimbursement for tax and reg.

ugh..... 🤬
They should of just taken your Vin and got all the option from that and compared them to a similar one. 🤦‍♂️ Glad to see they upped the price for you.

Have you found anything out about the incoming Tremor that was local?

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
UPDATE:

ugh..... 🤬
So was that amount close to true market/replacement value?

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
So was that amount close to true market/replacement value?
If you don't have Full Replacement Value on your policy you'll get book value. At first mine came in at just over $35K (book value, taxes and fees) but the total loss adjuster didn't realize I had FRV on it. That $67/year add on netted me an addition $16,000.

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
If you don't have Full Replacement Value on your policy you'll get book value. At first mine came in at just over $35K (book value, taxes and fees) but the total loss adjuster didn't realize I had FRV on it. That $67/year add on netted me an addition $16,000.
I'm going to add this but it's a pain right now my agent just retired an I don't have contact numbers for the new agent that took on his clients.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I'm going to add this but it's a pain right now my agent just retired an I don't have contact numbers for the new agent that took on his clients.
My agent told me not every carrier has this. Also she told me it needs to be added when the vehicles new (with user 500 miles on it) and here in AZ you can add it for the first 5 years only. I'm not sure if this is the same for every state but I would guess it is or close.

Chris M

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Security Supervisor
My agent told me not every carrier has this. Also she told me it needs to be added when the vehicles new (with user 500 miles on it) and here in AZ you can add it for the first 5 years only. I'm not sure if this is the same for every state but I would guess it is or close.
And MY agent here said you have to add it to the new model year within a year or two (at the most) of purchase. He wouldn't let me add anything but GAP insurance now as both our vehicles are 2021 models.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
And MY agent here said you have to add it to the new model year within a year or two (at the most) of purchase. He wouldn't let me add anything but GAP insurance now as both our vehicles are 2021 models.
We have the same company yet two different answers. Go figure. lol

Chris @NeptuneRanger is an agent and can probably shed better light for us on this

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
Yeah unfortunately when it comes to insurance the rules can change by both the companies and the state that you reside in

Joyride

First Name
Stacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Proposal Manager, US Navy vet, 2A Supporter
UPDATE:

ugh..... 🤬
Glad that you weren't injured and appears a resolution is close at hand...Let us know when you get your Raptor, so we can live out our Raptor modding dreams with you! :handsinair:

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Yeah unfortunately when it comes to insurance the rules can change by both the companies and the state that you reside in
Yeah but we both just talked to our agents (same company different agent) within days of each other. lol

Zaph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, A whole garage full of motorcycles
Occupation
Engineer
It only took three weeks and several phone calls, but I was just told theyre finally going to deem my baby a total loss. 😭😭😭😭

No numbers yet, but I guess it's time to start really shopping around. 😒
You got some crying emojis, and I know you're attached to your baby, but IMHO to me this would be preferable. A hit like that in my mind makes a vehicle never the same again if they try to fix it. I would prefer to have a non-crashed vehicle.

Note to myself: Your experiences and this little reminder are making me revise my insurance policy today.

LaBalbe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat
After you posted about this in your experience, I checked with my carrier here in Ontario. Apparently I already had it (never knew about it though), and it's good for 4 years.

JimG_AZ

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4
On a 2021, GAP insurance would most likely be of little to no use.
Sponsored