First Name
Kimball
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
Your best bet is going with an aftermarket kit. I have one in my Lariat off Amazon. I have the color synced with the interior lariat lighting. Check out @A_Jake_Life on Instagram to see a video if you want.
I checked out your insta for info on your interior lighting - didn't find anything. Want to share a direct link?
Sponsored

Viator092

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 BMW 440i, 15 VW Golf TDI, 19 Ford Ranger Lariat
The less cabin light the better. Sufficiently back lit controls with the ability to turn down intensity is what I want. I know where the cup holders, door handles and footwell is....don't need a light to find it in the dark. Now, finding the tiny temp selector, thats a different matter.

JohnUSA

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4
Your best bet is going with an aftermarket kit. I have one in my Lariat off Amazon. I have the color synced with the interior lariat lighting. Check out @A_Jake_Life on Instagram to see a video if you want.
What kit did you order? How did you hook up/synch with the existing lights? I did find your Instragram page, and I think I saw all the way back to when you got your Ranger, but I've missed the video somewhere.

DuckDanger

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Sport FX4 1990 C4 Corvette
Jake curious what kit from Amazon did you use?

2020FX4

First Name
El Jefe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FX4 Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
So did you tie your amazon kit into the the existing lighting in your ranger? If so... is it still adjustable through the dimmer in sync?

Murphie

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4X2, 2023 Hyundai Santa Fe
Occupation
Financial Auditor - Retired
This has been just about the only thing I was disappointed about with this truck. My prior vehicle was a 2008 Escape Hybrid, and it had fantastic ambient lighting. Plenty bright, multi-color, and in the cup holders. When I finally had a chance to adjust the lighting and realized a) it's REALLY dim, even at it's brightest setting and b) there are no lights in the cupholders I'm pretty sure I said "Aw, man!" right out loud.
Absolutely agree. My 2012 Edge was the first vehicle I'd seen with ambient lighting - and my reaction was just as you described. As for the Ranger, what's the point in even having ambient lighting if that's all you're going to have? Just to be able to add ambient lighting to your feature list.?! :(

Andy

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat / 2019 Volvo XC60 T6 Inscription
On a positive note, you can change the color from ice blue to anything else for when you open the doors and the truck is off. Just use forescan to change it.

JohnUSA

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4
On a positive note, you can change the color from ice blue to anything else for when you open the doors and the truck is off. Just use forescan to change it.
I just googled "what is forescan", kinda behind the curve here. If you changed the color, would you change it via your phone? Do you have to plug in a bluetooth adaptor?

micl9

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Fx4 302A
Vehicle Showcase
I always looked at ambient lighting as being kinda a gimmicky - but to each his own.
However! I do like the one over the cubby. Anyone who has removed that panel happen to have a picture of the stock light? Off to Ford parts to see if I can buy just that. Probably will go with just a loose LED wired into the panel lighting, but always nice to keep a stock look whether you can see it or not!

JACKSMYDOG

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat FX4 Black
Occupation
Retired
I generally prefer a dark interior, and fine with no ambient lighting. When I found the option in the menu, at first I was intrigued, but after playing with it, I was completely disappointed. I do have black interior, but still, way to dim for any use.

Admittedly I would have turned it off or dimmed it anyway. The dome and door lights provide all the entry/exit light I need or want, but why put something in that is so completely useless. Put a useable system in and charge accordingly, or take the useless system out and don't charge us for snake oil.

l0rdv8r

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.reddit.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2018 VW Atlas
Occupation
CTO @ NASA
My wife's 2011 Ford Focus SEL had ambient lighting, and it was super bright. I can't even tell if the ambient lighting in my ranger is on until it's completely dark in the cabin...

I have this in my cart and have heard excellent things about it. I love DD's products and am very interested in seeing how these turn out.

https://www.diodedynamics.com/rgbw-multicolor-footwell-led-kit.html

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
Took some photos of the strips that are in the wheel wells. It’s a single LED that is projected down a light tube. They’re not very bright or efficient for light output. What you see is what you get pretty much.

Now you might wonder why I have these strips. I was going to use them for mounting after market light strips after I remove the factory lighting any reuse the carriers

12EB8398-49BD-4E97-9381-59AFD758EAAA.jpeg

F06D677A-CD27-43F2-992D-61CA7DBBB20E.jpeg

45C9ACA8-7AEE-4E26-8FE5-44CCF0BF3EDF.jpeg

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
I always looked at ambient lighting as being kinda a gimmicky - but to each his own.
However! I do like the one over the cubby. Anyone who has removed that panel happen to have a picture of the stock light? Off to Ford parts to see if I can buy just that. Probably will go with just a loose LED wired into the panel lighting, but always nice to keep a stock look whether you can see it or not!
Agreed.

I've had in my 3 "modern" Fords, a 2009 Escape, 2017 FiST, & my Lariat.

I really don't see the benefit at all.

What are people doing in their cars while driving that requires this lighting?
Sponsored