First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Paint and Body
I also enjoy the ambient lighting that my Lariat has to offer. I like the red the most. However It is slightly "lacking" though.
In my Mustang the ambient lighting also includes the cup holders. That's a Big plus for me in the dark.
Also, the gauge cluster color can be changed in the Mustang to match the ambient lighting.
I was a little disappointed when I bought the Ranger on a few things but it is still a very nice truck!

Bob902

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Occupation
RETIRED!!!!
I also enjoy the ambient lighting that my Lariat has to offer. I like the red the most. However It is slightly "lacking" though.
In my Mustang the ambient lighting also includes the cup holders. That's a Big plus for me in the dark.
Also, the gauge cluster color can be changed in the Mustang to match the ambient lighting.
I was a little disappointed when I bought the Ranger on a few things but it is still a very nice truck!
My Durango has the lighting in the cup holders. Kind of cool. It also has a very small LED light in the overhead console by the rear view mirror. Gives just enough light to give a little glow to the center console and shifter area. My work Tahoe also has it

micl9

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Fx4 302A
Vehicle Showcase
Ambient Lighting comes only on the Lariat trim.

There are lots of LED ambient light options in the aftermarket. I just got a couple of these.

USB LED
I went similar to Ron, but wanted down firing LED and only in the back
Used THESE
1650734001990.png

1650734019222.png

21rangerCactus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Self employed
Is this the same kit? I'm curious to know if it's plug and play and works off the head unit like the lariet.

https://www.levittownfordparts.com/sku/cl8z-13e700-aa.html

Edit: I see the lariet kit includes the door handles and this one is just the footwell and cup holder... So maybe it's just a generic light kit.

apotocki

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Network Force Analyst
Vehicle Showcase
Is this the same kit? I'm curious to know if it's plug and play and works off the head unit like the lariet.

Edit: I see the lariet kit includes the door handles and this one is just the footwell and cup holder... So maybe it's just a generic light kit.
I have this kit. When I bought my 19 XLT I had the Dealer add it.
It doesn’t work off the head unit. There is a push button switch that toggles on/off and colors. Mine was installed near the emergency brake handle.
It illuminates the footwells and center cup holders only. It’s not super bright but I’m happy with it.

8D7F6089-36D5-4087-8E8A-F186D405F661.jpeg

tgRanger

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat, 1988 Mustang GT, 2013 Toyota Highlander Limited
Vehicle Showcase

I added one of these kits to my F150 many years ago. It came with a black ground and red power wire. It does not connect to the head unit. If I remember correctly the Red wire gets tapped into the parking light wire inside the cab and just grounded the black wire. There was 2 modules that had to be hidden inside the console and the push button to scroll through the colors.

Makjtk0204

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Sales
I am going to add the dash trim lights, does anyone have an suggestions or brand prefference.
I got this switch panel off etsy for a lightbar and those lights, third switch has an unknown future..lol
download.png

Reactions: HDA

TheRoushRanger046

First Name
Mack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Roush Ranger
I found this option in the truck after someone posted about it (I forgot who or I'd give them credit) anyway here is a couple of pics.

I had no idea this was even an option in the truck but I am glad to have it!! I thought it was a nice touch.

20220420_231759.jpg

20220420_231802.jpg

20220420_231811.jpg
Very nice. Didn’t even know this was an option … would love to have this .. would make a romantic night in the truck ?

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
I found this option in the truck after someone posted about it (I forgot who or I'd give them credit) anyway here is a couple of pics.

I had no idea this was even an option in the truck but I am glad to have it!! I thought it was a nice touch.

20220420_231759.jpg

20220420_231802.jpg

20220420_231811.jpg
i miss having that, it was a nice touch. /my mustang had it and i used the lighting all the time. when i was truck shopping i told myself aww its a truck i dont need that. and now i miss it lol.