Aftermarket or Ford hard folding tonneau cover availability?

Howopeeps

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan rouge
Thanks. I have a factory installed drop in liner. It must be covering those those ports.
Was just wondering how you installed for drain tubes. Got the factory drop iiner as well.

Mark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Was just wondering how you installed for drain tubes. Got the factory drop iiner as well.
You can see from the previous posts where the plugs are located in the bed. With the drop in liner, You can spot them in the very narrow space between the cab and the bed. I used a straight rule to mark out the spot inside the liner as best I could. Haven’t drilled them out yet....

ronaldeang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
You can see from the previous posts where the plugs are located in the bed. With the drop in liner, You can spot them in the very narrow space between the cab and the bed. I used a straight rule to mark out the spot inside the liner as best I could. Haven’t drilled them out yet....
Did you ever drill those holes? Getting my cover tomorrow and looking for tips to install the drain tubes with the drop in bedliner. Thanks!

Todd Chapin

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 crewcab lariat fx4
Occupation
Chef
Just ordered my Lomax cover, thank you for all the reviews and advise.

NAndrews33

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
No need to drill anything. I used the holes that are already near the top of side walls near the front of the bed.
20190422_193414.jpg
I just put mine in through the hole above where yours is in the picture. I was able to stick my hand behind the drop in liner and manage to route the tube through. Forgive my ignorance but do these locations actually drain to somewhere?

NAndrews33

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
I just put mine in through the hole above where yours is in the picture. I was able to stick my hand behind the drop in liner and manage to route the tube through. Forgive my ignorance but do these locations actually drain to somewhere?
Never mind, I can confirm that they do in fact drain. I decided to go out in the thunderstorm and drill the holes through the bedliner and put the tubes through that way instead of curving over top the bedliner. It wasn't draining the way I had it curving over the drop in liner. After drilling through the liner, it works now.

Karlye

First Name
Karlyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4 Sport
Occupation
Renovation Construction
View attachment 9613
He are some photos! Not the best. You might be able to find some better photos on this forum. You can also go to the Retrax website & down load installation instructions!

fullsizeoutput_a6.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_a7.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_a8.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_a9.jpeg
Awesome pics! How do you feel about the space that is lost for the canister that it rolls in to?

djg1958

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lincoln MKX
I hauled a treadmill for my nephew & had no issues. It suits my needs fine! Thanks for asking!

rpeterson53

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2019 Mazda MX-5 RF, 2016 Subaru Outback 3.6R
I decided to put a tonneau cover on my 2019 Lariat SuperCab. I looked at hours of YouTube videos to make a decision. In the summer, I haul my pedal drive fishing kayak so i need to have full use of the bed space. I bought the SuperCab to get the 6 ft bed for this purpose.

I decided a hard top tonneau was my first requirement. Eliminated the roll up style after watching a few videos. To shorten this post, it came down to 2 options: (1) the LEER 350 (2) LOMAX Hard Tri-Fold. Unfortunately, LEER still has not created a tonneau style 350 for the 6 ft bed. I emailed them and they stated it was in the works but no timeline. Seems like that's been their story for months. The more I researched the LOMAX, the better I liked it. Its very easy to remove if I need the entire bed. The idea of flipping the panels vertical like the LEER and BAK version covers was not something I would have done in lieu of taking the cover off the truck. Their covers come off but not as simple as the LOMAX.

I don't have the advantage of seeing the different covers in person where I live so I had to rely on YouTube and Customer reviews. I have an engineering background and from what I saw with the LOMAX, it was the right choice for me. Simple to install/remove and probably as water resistant as any of the other options out there. It latches down to the bed rail in multiple locations and from the appearance it appears to be structurally what I would ever need it for.

I ordered the cover from Agri-Cover this morning along with a tail gate seal. I'll comment back after receipt and installation of the LOMAX Tri-Fold. BTW, I chose the matte black finish. They also offer diamond plate and urethane black options.

Texasota

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT, 2023 Escape PHEV
I decided to put a tonneau cover on my 2019 Lariat SuperCab. I looked at hours of YouTube videos to make a decision. In the summer, I haul my pedal drive fishing kayak so i need to have full use of the bed space. I bought the SuperCab to get the 6 ft bed for this purpose.

I decided a hard top tonneau was my first requirement. Eliminated the roll up style after watching a few videos. To shorten this post, it came down to 2 options: (1) the LEER 350 (2) LOMAX Hard Tri-Fold. Unfortunately, LEER still has not created a tonneau style 350 for the 6 ft bed. I emailed them and they stated it was in the works but no timeline. Seems like that's been their story for months. The more I researched the LOMAX, the better I liked it. Its very easy to remove if I need the entire bed. The idea of flipping the panels vertical like the LEER and BAK version covers was not something I would have done in lieu of taking the cover off the truck. Their covers come off but not as simple as the LOMAX.

I don't have the advantage of seeing the different covers in person where I live so I had to rely on YouTube and Customer reviews. I have an engineering background and from what I saw with the LOMAX, it was the right choice for me. Simple to install/remove and probably as water resistant as any of the other options out there. It latches down to the bed rail in multiple locations and from the appearance it appears to be structurally what I would ever need it for.

I ordered the cover from Agri-Cover this morning along with a tail gate seal. I'll comment back after receipt and installation of the LOMAX Tri-Fold. BTW, I chose the matte black finish. They also offer diamond plate and urethane black options.
I’ll be interested in your follow up post. This is the cover I plan on getting when my 2020 Supercrew arrives.

rpeterson53

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2019 Mazda MX-5 RF, 2016 Subaru Outback 3.6R
I’ll be interested in your follow up post. This is the cover I plan on getting when my 2020 Supercrew arrives.
I will post my assessment of the LOMAX. I probably won’t get it for a few weeks due to holiday and shipping.

Texasota

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT, 2023 Escape PHEV
I will post my assessment of the LOMAX. I probably won’t get it for a few weeks due to holiday and shipping.
After you install it give me your thoughts about installing the bulkhead seal to the cover itself as opposed to attaching it to the Ranger bulkhead. I’m wondering if that would work because I plan on removing the Lomax from my Ranger most of the time and installing it only when we go camping.

rdgallo

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat Crew Cab 4X4
Occupation
Retired Caterpillar, Inc. Senior Quality Engineer
I just had a Truckgear by Line-X folding tonneau cover installed on my truck. It is designed identical to the BakFlip F1. The only differences is the TruckGear has the linex coating on the folding panels and you can shut the tailgate of the truck with the cover locked in place. Looks to be a really nice cover. I got it for $900 with free installation.
Sponsored