Aftermarket or Ford hard folding tonneau cover availability?

SRAces

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2015 Mercedes-Benz GLA, 2004 Mercedes-Benz SLK 230 Special Edition
Occupation
USAF (retired)
Vehicle Showcase
Install was fairly easy, like Jim up above has said the clamps do not have a lot to bite on. the cover came with a piece for the front bulkhead to bring it up to the bed rail level.
IMG_20190316_104001736.jpg
IMG_20190316_104013836.jpg
IMG_20190316_115046606.jpg
IMG_20190316_132613347_HDR.jpg
The clamps weren't too bad. I had thrown my MX4 on the day I got the truck as we had to head out of town and all I wanted was lockable storage. Didn't even atttach the drain tubes...lol! Have since re-aligned the clamps to the correct and even spacing. No issues with the MX4 at all. Love the ability to open and close the tailgate without raising the cover.
Sponsored

Squaretail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Sante Fe
I need to install and Undercover Ultra Flex soon. Can someone help explain where the drain tubes enter the bed of truck? It sounds like you need to drill somewhere but I am having difficulty understanding the exact location. Thanks for the help.

jsiedle1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat SuperCrew
I need to install and Undercover Ultra Flex soon. Can someone help explain where the drain tubes enter the bed of truck? It sounds like you need to drill somewhere but I am having difficulty understanding the exact location. Thanks for the help.
See the black pill shaped things in the bottom of the bed just behind the cab in the post above yours? Those.

SRAces

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2015 Mercedes-Benz GLA, 2004 Mercedes-Benz SLK 230 Special Edition
Occupation
USAF (retired)
Vehicle Showcase
See in the picture below.
BedFront.jpg

LARanger

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape Hybrid
Just picked up our XLT last night. The Parts dept of the dealership didn’t seem to know the cover options and struggled to find the Retractable Cover in the system even though the Build and Price tool on Ford continues to list it as an option at $1695. The only similar one they were able to find was a retractable cover with channels for bed racks that was $2099 (link below). Are they the same thing? Has anyone successfully ordered the retractable cover? Does it stop at any position? Thanks for any insights anyone might have

https://accessories.ford.com/catalog/product/view/id/12188/s/cover-tonneau/category/198/

djg1958

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lincoln MKX
Just picked up our XLT last night. The Parts dept of the dealership didn’t seem to know the cover options and struggled to find the Retractable Cover in the system even though the Build and Price tool on Ford continues to list it as an option at $1695. The only similar one they were able to find was a retractable cover with channels for bed racks that was $2099 (link below). Are they the same thing? Has anyone successfully ordered the retractable cover? Does it stop at any position? Thanks for any insights anyone might have

https://accessories.ford.com/catalog/product/view/id/12188/s/cover-tonneau/category/198/
Yes! They are the same covers. Had mine put on at the dealer. Was not available from the factory at the time I ordered in September. Had it rolled into my lease. Try negotiating a better price! I did! It does lock in any position. It's not cheap but I like it!

LARanger

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape Hybrid
Yes! They are the same covers. Had mine put on at the dealer. Was not available from the factory at the time I ordered in September. Had it rolled into my lease. Try negotiating a better price! I did! It does lock in any position. It's not cheap but I like it!
Thanks for the insight! Any chance you could share photos or video of your tonneau cover? The dealer can’t seem to find any aside from the one on the parts site

djg1958

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lincoln MKX
View attachment 9613
Thanks for the insight! Any chance you could share photos or video of your tonneau cover? The dealer can’t seem to find any aside from the one on the parts site
He are some photos! Not the best. You might be able to find some better photos on this forum. You can also go to the Retrax website & down load installation instructions!

fullsizeoutput_a6.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_a7.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_a8.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_a9.jpeg

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0

FX4Greg

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon, 2019 Ford Ranger Screw cab Lariot FX4
No need to drill anything. I used the holes that are already near the top of side walls near the front of the bed.
20190422_193414.jpg

LARanger

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape Hybrid
View attachment 9613
He are some photos! Not the best. You might be able to find some better photos on this forum. You can also go to the Retrax website & down load installation instructions!

fullsizeoutput_a6.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_a7.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_a8.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_a9.jpeg
Thank you so much for sharing those photos! The cover looks amazing. So to confirm, the Embark Retractable cover from the Ford site is the same as the RetraxOne MX? Sorry for the amateur question - we're new to trucks and are still very much learning the world of tonneau covers...

Btw I love how your photo shows your truck in relation with the garage door. We spent all Sunday rearranging the garage to basically barely fit the truck in :)

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you so much for sharing those photos! The cover looks amazing. So to confirm, the Embark Retractable cover from the Ford site is the same as the RetraxOne MX? Sorry for the amateur question - we're new to trucks and are still very much learning the world of tonneau covers...

Btw I love how your photo shows your truck in relation with the garage door. We spent all Sunday rearranging the garage to basically barely fit the truck in :)
Yes

djg1958

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lincoln MKX

Yes! It just fits in my garage! Had to buy the 4'' Stuby antenna to clear my garage door. Retrax is the supplier that makes it for Ford. It's the Retrax Pro XR that why its so expensive! it is aluminum & has T-slots for rack systems that can be added. It might be a little over kill but is very secure & locks. There is a lot of different types of tonneau covers out there now. I have had 2 F150's before but haven't had a pick up truck in 20 years! Really like the new ranger. It's fun having a truck again at this stage of my life! I am 60!

Mark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Hi. I just installed the same cover on my 19 Ranger. Any idea where to place drain tubes?
Thanks. I have a factory installed drop in liner. It must be covering those those ports.

SRAces

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
USAF (retired)
Vehicle Showcase
Hi. I just installed the same cover on my 19 Ranger. Any idea where to place drain tubes?
If you look in my picture, I ran the drain tubes through each plastic oval shaped bed access cover in the lower corner of the bed. Some folks have cut the tubes shorter and put them in a hole on each side of the bed up higher and closer to the bed rails.
Sponsored