Aftermarket or Ford hard folding tonneau cover availability?

MI2TRAC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Fusion, 2015 CMax, 1937 Ford PU, 1968 Mustang
Any insider information on who and when availability will be of a hard folding tonneau cover for the new domestic Ranger?

I understand it is available for the international model, and have been told there is a difference in the tailgate profile between the two.
Sponsored

Yankees14

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Escape
I actually have been researching this and reached out to autoanything.com and extang. The both anticipate mid January for availability.

DHare

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat - Saber; 2020 Ford Edge - Rapid Red
Occupation
Retired
Any insider information on who and when availability will be of a hard folding tonneau cover for the new domestic Ranger?

I understand it is available for the international model, and have been told there is a difference in the tailgate profile between the two.
BakFlip has hard folding covers listed and apparently available from several on-line stores. I understand that BakFlip makes the Rev covers for Ford. If true, Ford should have them available soon.
https://bakflip.com/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIyoOQwbaq3wIVm7jACh2LSgvEEAAYASAAEgJQivD_BwE

Last edited:

Stic-o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 Explorer ,'92 Bronco, '91 Navajo, '19 Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
I actually talked to Bakflip about this, and they already show many folding options available now, but they will be offering more options like the hard roll up in January.

DHare

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
My preference would be to get the tonneau thru Ford/local dealer so that if there is a problem down the line, it can be addressed locally under the accessory warranty. There have been complaints about the hard folders leaking at the vinyl/plastic hinges that connect panels. I had a BakFlip on my 2011 F-150 and had that exact issue, but I am willing to give them another try.

Stic-o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 Explorer ,'92 Bronco, '91 Navajo, '19 Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
My preference would be to get the tonneau thru Ford/local dealer so that if there is a problem down the line, it can be addressed locally under the accessory warranty. There have been complaints about the hard folders leaking at the vinyl/plastic hinges that connect panels. I had a BakFlip on my 2011 F-150 and had that exact issue, but I am willing to give them another try.

Look at there revolver series. Has the look of the trifold, but let's you stop it anywhere, and doesn't block your rear window when you need the bed. Plus it actually has a higher weight rating on top of it. Plus no dumb drain tubes.

I was sold on the trifold, but have now changed my mind.

Droid_Junky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang
The picture on the build page looks a lot like the BakFlip covers. I chated with a Ford rep but she said there was no info on the supplier. I had a soft folding cover for years and it was great. I think I'm going with the hard flip cover.

I'm guessing that this is one a few options that I can change my mind about if we learn more before getting the truck.

OP
OP
MI2TRAC

MI2TRAC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I also like the BakFlip MX and have talked with them. Currently no part number to order. They state "coming soon". I want to put one on as soon as I take delivery (3rd week of Jan.) as I will be going on a road trip right after delivery.

I hope one of these suppliers have something available within that time frame.

Ric

First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
When I ordered my truck, I wanted the hard folding cover. I was told adding that option would delay delivery. I gladly axed it from my want list. I have been researching aftermarket covers and am intrigued with what Leer offers. I was surprised to find out how easy the covers are to install. I think we will have many good choices when the time (finally) comes.

kaltzbar

First Name
Barret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 4x4
Vehicle Showcase
When I ordered my truck, I wanted the hard folding cover. I was told adding that option would delay delivery. I gladly axed it from my want list. I have been researching aftermarket covers and am intrigued with what Leer offers. I was surprised to find out how easy the covers are to install. I think we will have many good choices when the time (finally) comes.
I was told the same thing today, so I held off on any tonneau. But if you can wait, you can still get a dealer installed cover – or any accessory – as soon as they become available.

DHare

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
I also like the BakFlip MX and have talked with them. Currently no part number to order. They state "coming soon". I want to put one on as soon as I take delivery (3rd week of Jan.) as I will be going on a road trip right after delivery.

I hope one of these suppliers have something available within that time frame.
From BakFlip and TonneauCoversWorld web pages: BAKFlip MX4 MATTE FINISH 2019 FORD Ranger 5' Bed (448332) BAK-448332 $959.88 Part number for 6' bed is: BAK-448333 Same price. Now, whether they actually have them in stock is another matter. TonneauCoversWorld will let you add them to your cart, so presume they have them.

Rinn69

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x4 Lightning Blue
Occupation
Retired USAF MSgt
Vehicle Showcase
I've had the same Bakflip G2 on my 2013 Ram since I swapped it from my 2010 Ram....8+ years, still looks pretty good (garaged since 2013 and the previous 4 yrs outside in the TX heat and sun). No issues with water getting inside since I hooked up the custom drain tubes through the bed wall grommet. Only problem was the rear seal started to come off, so I ordered a new one from them and installed it...had it back on the truck in about an hour. I looked at the Revolver, but saw too many issues with some folks having water leaks. When the time comes, I'll be getting another Bakflip G2.

OP
OP
MI2TRAC

MI2TRAC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
From BakFlip and TonneauCoversWorld web pages: BAKFlip MX4 MATTE FINISH 2019 FORD Ranger 5' Bed (448332) BAK-448332 $959.88 Part number for 6' bed is: BAK-448333 Same price. Now, whether they actually have them in stock is another matter. TonneauCoversWorld will let you add them to your cart, so presume they have them.
That is the part numbers for the International Ranger according to Bak Industries. The Domestic Ranger will be different due to tailgate profile.

DHare

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
That is the part numbers for the International Ranger according to Bak Industries. The Domestic Ranger will be different due to tailgate profile.
Wow, they need to indicate that on their website or have some very unhappy customers. Thanks for clarifying.

OP
OP
MI2TRAC

MI2TRAC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wow, they need to indicate that on their website or have some very unhappy customers. Thanks for clarifying.
They do! I found the same issue on the RealTruck site. If you go to Bak industries, the manufacturer, you find "coming soon".
Sponsored