Aftermarket or Ford hard folding tonneau cover availability?

The EG

First Name
Egbert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Got my Extang Solid Fold 2.0 from Action car and truck in Canada about a week ago.

Pretty solid

1EA60825-4ABD-4487-A52D-4FF6700491DF.jpeg

75CD83E4-C247-40F0-92EB-515701064ADF.jpeg

431C1A24-2A1B-45B1-B22A-1940E86C2ED3.jpeg

65FB0195-DF75-4547-90AA-9023371E1DF2.jpeg

DHare

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat - Saber; 2020 Ford Edge - Rapid Red
Occupation
Retired
Can you lock it ? Had my Ranger 5 days and glad to find this site!
You have to open the tailgate to get to the cover release, so as long as your tailgate is locked, the cover is locked. Note, you have to close tailgate before you can close the cover.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
Got my Extang Solid Fold 2.0 from Action car and truck in Canada about a week ago.

Pretty solid
I'm considering this cover - have you found it to leak at all? It seems like it would be pretty easy to take off if needed. And no tubes required.

Thanks

AliB

First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
I had emailed Diamondback too, they wrote back this morning.

“Yes, we will have all our covers available for the new Rangers. Hopefully everything will be for sale on our site in a month or so.”

So that’s 4 covers in total, a couple of them are very unique and all appear to be very functional. Kinda thinking about the 270 model.

Here’s a link with all the models:
https://diamondbackcovers.com/pages/compare-covers
Still not seeing these for the 2019, dang it. Had a 2 fold on my Sport-Trac, loved it. Wait some more or call I guess.

Randy2400h

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Sport FX4, 2015 Ford Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Still not seeing these for the 2019, dang it. Had a 2 fold on my Sport-Trac, loved it. Wait some more or call I guess.
I’m in the same boat, I check at least every other day. I’ve never had one before but knowing what I do, they’re the outright winner in terms of functionality, being weatherproof, and security from theft. I’m waiting patiently, in the meantime the bed of my truck is filling with snow!!

The EG

First Name
Egbert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
I'm considering this cover - have you found it to leak at all? It seems like it would be pretty easy to take off if needed. And no tubes required.

Thanks
Taking it off is very easy. Keep in mind, no tonneau cover is really leak or water proof but for a typical rain, not much came in.

Now when I took it in to a car wash though then yeah.

Hope that helps.

kep

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Retired
ordered an UnderCover Armor Flex and a bed rug for mine today.

jsiedle1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat SuperCrew
This was not an easy install and me and a buddy are so sore after crawling around in the bed. The clamps have little room to bite onto behind the rails. Also, I didn't have a 7/8 drill bit, nor a drill that could fit it, so had to ask a few neighbors. Pleased with how it turned out though.
20190317_171809.jpg

kep

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Retired
I have the Undercover Ultra Flex and Bedrug.
Install was fairly easy, like Jim up above has said the clamps do not have a lot to bite on. the cover came with a piece for the front bulkhead to bring it up to the bed rail level.
IMG_20190316_104001736.jpg
IMG_20190316_104013836.jpg
IMG_20190316_115046606.jpg
IMG_20190316_132613347_HDR.jpg

djrobb

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Tacoma 4dr Sport Long Bed
Vehicle Showcase
This was not an easy install and me and a buddy are so sore after crawling around in the bed. The clamps have little room to bite onto behind the rails. Also, I didn't have a 7/8 drill bit, nor a drill that could fit it, so had to ask a few neighbors. Pleased with how it turned out though.
20190317_171809.jpg
I need to do this install soon. Any tips?

jsiedle1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat SuperCrew
I need to do this install soon. Any tips?
We started by watching a YouTube installation video to get a general idea of what we were in for. They made it look easy and edited out most of the minutiae you'll deal with, like how long it takes to take a friggin sticker backing off, lol. Unpack everything and lay out the hardware on the tailgate in instructional order. Set aside the cover and try not to put anything on it. It dents and scratches easy. Bulkhead installation is pretty straightforward, and I'd say get a good grip on the bolts and washers as you place them in between the bed and the cab, it's a squeeze but it will fit. Don't drop them.
The rails go next and the clamps that go with them we're the biggest pain. Loosen them all ahead of time and disregard the instructions as far as the order they want you to put them on. Start with the middle clamp because it acts as a fulcrum in order to install the other two clamps on each side. Make sure the grooves of the clamps are biting into the rails. They get jumpy on the back side of the rail and will pop off occasionally. Be patient with this. As you ratchet in, press down on the plastic bed rail of your truck or get an extra hand to do this. Really important for weather sealing. Pay attention to level and you'll see the silver plate toward the cab drop down a little bit but that's okay because when you bolt that in, it lifts up. When finished, drop the cover on, do some other straightforward steps and just make sure to line it all up and push the whole thing towards the cab. You want all the white plastic jambs underneath fully clicked into the rails. Not over, not under, not short. Everything else was fairly easy. It takes a good amount of pressure to drill into those plastic drain holes. Don't close the tailgate with the last section of the cover down.

I reviewed the shim instructions again and again. They shipped em with the box but the 2019 model is not listed on the sheet as to whether you need them or not. I was going to give Bakflip a call to double check this.
Sponsored