'23 XLT Build Sheet (Attached) - Going to Sign/Deposit Tomorrow - Anything I'm missing (Options, Something in writing, etc.)?

Missing anything from this build?

• Hold up! (please comment)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

moutaindude

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ Cherokee
About to deposit $1,000 to order a Supercab XLT w/ FX4 and tow package (plus some creature comforts). The dealer worked up the attached 'Preview Order' yesterday.

I assume I'll sign a document similar to this tomorrow, though I want to add in writing that the X-Plan price will be honored at pickup. Anything else I should get in writing?

Some items already considered: I'll add the brake controller when it's at the dealer. Spray-in bed-liner can be done locally. If I need mud flaps, I can install myself. Will find some floor mats. And will almost certainly sell whatever the stock tires are and buy a set with proper A/T tread.

Am I missing any options that I will sorely regret and cannot add later myself? I plan to drive this vehicle into the ground so don't mind spending a bit more now before I regret it for years to come....

PreviewOrder-22-09-05_public_Redacted.jpg
Sponsored

Attachments

Joeiconic

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Thats all you need from the factory. :like:

lazynorse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger Crew Cab XLT FX4
Occupation
Public Health
Its not a contract, your dealer is not legally bound to it but I've only heard of one or two problems out of the many thousands of accounts described here.

The dealer I ordered through required no deposit. Their stated reason was if I back out - which I can do with no consequence - they get to mark that truck over MSRP. Its a win win for them, either sell it to me at MSRP (minus applicable incentives at time of order or time of delivery) or sell it over MSRP off their lot. They don't need a deposit to make a profit. Zero downside for them either way, in fact they'd rather you drop out so they can mark it above MSRP to some fool.

I'd try to get out of a deposit. Reference Awesome Ford in Chehalis, WA. No deposits. I got the same sheet you show, my truck is built and awaiting delivery. Everything on the up and up so far.

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
I would skip the factory upgrade shock package. You can do Ford Performance Fox shocks for that. Unless that’s what that is.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
I would skip the factory upgrade shock package. You can do Ford Performance Fox shocks for that. Unless that’s what that is.
That's just listing the FX shocks. Notice the price is zero and it's under the FX-4 option.

pbethel

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2016 Ford t250 Transit
Occupation
retired
Is ASS removal for a $50.00 credit turning off ASS or taking away your ability to turn it off?

micl9

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Fx4 302A
Vehicle Showcase
I was going to make same comment as others about the Fx4 pkg (I have it - but didnt pick it, the truck at the price I wanted had it.) But I will say the other stuff is nice to have already done by the factory. Just plan on buying new shocks all around, or a the bare minimum the rears for sure.
Sponsored